Thread: New Sonic Xtreme Character Designs

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Sonic Xtreme Character Designs

http://www.sws2b.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6176

Interesting stuff, no registration required.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Trust me when I say - That's NOTHING!!

Pictures to come here shortly....

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    Trust me when I say - That's NOTHING!!

Pictures to come here shortly....
    Ooo you have piqued my interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Sorry about the size for all the 56k folks! I have bigger prints, but I shrank 'em for this posting.

This is why I never throw away my video game magazines

The following pics are forom Game Player Magazine issue #85. And I'm sorry about camera pics. I don't have a scanner. :/

One funny note fom this article:
    GP MAG: How is Sega Marketing this product?
    MIKE WALLIS: From a marketing and PR end, Sega is devoting all avalible resources to this title. From a product development standpoint, if we needed additional people, we would not have a problem getting them.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Your big surprise is magazine pictures that are on all the sonic fan sites already?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye
    Your big surprise is magazine pictures that are on all the sonic fan sites already?
    ! So what? Did you expect me to release the ISO of the proto, or something?

I never said it was a big surprise.... Those 'sketches' just doesn't impress me. It's all been pretty much seen. Especially bad sketches done on what looks like they were done on an early model Amiga. They may be real... But I've seen better if they are.

Practically every pic you see on the web of Sonic XTreme comes out of those 2 issues of GP, and a few old preess releases from Sega themselves. by the way, the article itself is alot better than the pictures. Sega had quite the balls to say half the things they did in this article. This article is really in-depth about the development. I just posted the pics for those who may not have seen them before.

However, that's MY mint condition Game Player mag from 10 years ago. Where's yours?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

However, that's MY mint condition Game Player mag from 10 years ago. Where's yours?

Mines comfy and cosy, sealed up in it's poly bag with cardboard backing, all minty and fresh. I'm gonna have to pull that issue out and check out that article again.

by the way, why don't the iso's of scrapped games like that end up on the intro net? I would love to actually play that, even though the game got scrapped for a reason.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why dont you all just keep a tab on the following website:

http://www.sonicxtreme.com/

There's supposed to be an update coming in Jan 06! Yes, someone actually purchased the beta of the game (I think for $3200)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1

Mines comfy and cosy, sealed up in it's poly bag with cardboard backing, all minty and fresh. I'm gonna have to pull that issue out and check out that article again.
    You should read it again! It's quite funny! Mike Wallis makes it sound like Sega's still king of the video game market when we all know the outcome

I will say this: It is truly all of our losses that this game never came out. I bought a Saturn long after they officially died. And this game, had it been actually released, would have made me actually go out, and buy a Saturn. $400 or not. This game, to me, was the beginning of Sega's downfall. Why? Simply because they didn't release it.

EDIT: And no, I've never played the game... The Saturn just needed a farmiliar face to go with it. Sonic X-treme would've topped the bill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pictures
    Man, you make me wish I had that issue handy right now so i could scan it in real quick. I left all of my game mags in my parents' basement when I left home and I'm pretty sure that's among the couple hundred or so

Next time I go home, I'm probably going to bring back a shit load of them with me and just go to town on the older ones (10years or more). I love reading older articles and seeing old advertisements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had that Game Players, and have read that article so many times.

What's interesting is what's on Wai's forums right now. Those Tiara pictures are just freakin' awesome, same with the gameplay animation.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's sitting in a box with a bunch of other magazines. The last time I took it out was to scan the pictures for this interview we did with Wallis ourselves:

http://www.lostlevels.org/200403/200403-xtreme.shtml

And I didn't mean to sound like a prick, I just thought you had something new and was kind of let down.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by PS1Expert
    Why dont you all just keep a tab on the following website:

http://www.sonicxtreme.com/

There's supposed to be an update coming in Jan 06! Yes, someone actually purchased the beta of the game (I think for $3200)
    Man, that number gets higher every time someone mentions it. I sold it, it went for $2,500 exactly.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

by the way, why don't the iso's of scrapped games like that end up on the intro net? I would love to actually play that, even though the game got scrapped for a reason.
    Because there's a collector's market for unreleased games, and the perceived value of an item goes down drastically if the code isn't unique.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So you're telling me that somebody has a working copy of an unfished Sonic Xtreme for the Sega Saturn, that actually works on retail Sega Saturns, and they aren't releasing it to the general public for the good of humanity?

You've got to be kidding me? They have the original Beta, everybody else would just have generic silvers. Why don't they do it? That is a horrible shame that a piece of Sonic's history isn't able to be seen by thine mortal eyes.

You're just pulling my wang.... Right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    strayhellcat

So you're telling me that somebody has a working copy of an unfished Sonic Xtreme for the Sega Saturn, that actually works on retail Sega Saturns, and they aren't releasing it to the general public for the good of humanity?

You've got to be kidding me? They have the original Beta, everybody else would just have generic silvers. Why don't they do it? That is a horrible shame that a piece of Sonic's history isn't able to be seen by thine mortal eyes.

Hah, here we go again. According to rumour there's a demo of Jade Gully (which was the one that got sold for $2500) and 'pparently there's a Metal Sonic boss fight somewhere as well.

The people interested in the Jade Gully demo are split right down the middle on what to do with it. Half of 'em think that it should be released to anyone who can download it, but the other half believe that it's "unfair" to the person that paid the money (for a copy that was ordered destroyed and instead pocketed in the first place) and that it would depreciate the CD's value.

I... don't know. While I'd love to own the thing, it's a dream that I'll never attain and isn't it only 5 minutes long or something anyway? Pretty pricey demo disc.

Re the original post: Tiara's a cutie. However, there is no way that this game would be held so high in regard by Sonic fans if it was actually released. Doesn't mean I don't still want it someday though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Rose

Hah, here we go again. According to rumour there's a demo of Jade Gully (which was the one that got sold for $2500) and 'pparently there's a Metal Sonic boss fight somewhere as well.

The people interested in the Jade Gully demo are split right down the middle on what to do with it. Half of 'em think that it should be released to anyone who can download it, but the other half believe that it's "unfair" to the person that paid the money (for a copy that was ordered destroyed and instead pocketed in the first place) and that it would depreciate the CD's value.

I... don't know. While I'd love to own the thing, it's a dream that I'll never attain and isn't it only 5 minutes long or something anyway? Pretty pricey demo disc.

Re the original post: Tiara's a cutie. However, there is no way that this game would be held so high in regard by Sonic fans if it was actually released. Doesn't mean I don't still want it someday though
    Heh, it'd rock to own, but $2500 for a CD-R? Too much for me too Rose.

Hopefully someone gets their paws on it that will just dump the ISO online.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If someone were to dump the iso online, plus the metal Sonic if there is one, It wouldn'y surprise me if some talented hackers would finish the game. That's why I want to see it dumped, there is enough information and we have character designs, why not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamego's only issue had some concept art from Sonic X-treme. I was upset that the title was never released. It did make playing Sonic Adventure all the better.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wikipedia says: "At least one development copy of X-treme exists. It was sold at auction to an anonymous collector in September 2005, and a high-quality gameplay video is expected to be released by the end of the year." Which i havent seen yet but someone has a beta copy and they need to put the iso on the net.
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."