Sorry to have made two topics concerning SB, but I felt this one is different enough and deserved its own marking.

OK, so one of my complaints about SB (despite me still rating it 10/10) is that I wished it had a STUPID amount of stages, instead of the paltry 8 we were given. How awesome would 20 stages be? I mean, we're missing the classic tunnel stage! etc.

Well, I just *FINALLY* enabled a code I knew about long ago. It's simply listed everywhere on the net as "CHANGE WEATHER."

WHOOP-PEE. It rains, it's dark, it's stormy... how useful could this code be?

IMAGINE MY SURPRISE when I set the soccer stage to nightfall, and then, expecting everything to be dark, I found the regular playing field...

BUT WITH A CONVEYOR BELT IN THE MIDDLE!!

it's been a long time since I got that excited over a code or in general discovering a new trick about an old dog!

So then I naturally tried the other 3 options:

-day
-early morning
-morning

Day the soccer stage was status quo.

Early morning the stage is given the bouncing platforms.

Morning the stage adds arrows.

HOLY CRAP.

I wondered if this was the same for all eight stages, so I tried them out.

THEY ARE DIFFERENT!

For example, on night CLASSIC PLAIN STAGE, instead of the conveyor belt the soccer stage got, every bomber has SUPER SUPER SPEED.

I had such a blast checking out the different features of each stage. My absolute favorite was the night JUNGLE TRAP where I discovered the classic tunnel stage!

Not quite, but damn close enough!

Leaves heavily block the playing field, and there are six "exit" points! (3 up top, 3 down bottom) that add as "Bubble Bobble"-esque gimmicks of going through the screen.

I am so excited to try out these stages with my buds the next time they come over. I have no idea why this cheat is known the web over as "Weather changes"... it should be renamed "STAGE CHANGES!"

I am sure some of you knew this already, but whenever there is talk about SB, this NEVER comes up... so I assume many, like me, just never bothered to try the code because hey "it changes the weather -- big deal."

Among others include:

-the classic conveyor belt of super bomberman on snes (different look and style from the night soccer stage one)

-teleporters

-On and off rain (when rain is on, all flames come out very very tiny)

etc.

Granted, a lot of the features are duplicated for each stage (i.e. arrows)... but still, there are 32 FRICKEN variations... it's sick. Maybe there aren't 32 total stages, but the overall count is much closer to 20 than 8!

Saturn Bomberman... you are definitely the king without a doubt.

(oh yes, the simple code. At the stage select screen, simply hold X+Y+Z until you hear a sound confirmation. Then press up or down to select time of day)