Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Default How many PS1 games owned? + more

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I searched for it, couldnt find anything.

How many PS1 games do you have total? And where do you keep em all stored?? (I need some ideas becuase I am running out of room) and also, what is the RAREST game(s) you have??

I am currently running about 50+ PS1 games, and am running out of room on my cheap "shelf" for them all. And my rarest game I would have to say is Ehrgeiz and Breath of Fire IV.....I know, its sad.

What about everyone else??

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure how many I have but I know I hit 200 games a year or so ago...at least I think I did...so I'm probably a bit over 200 by now, probably somewhere between 200 and 215. Most of mine are in cardboard boxes designed to hold CDs. I got those from a company called Bags Unlimited. I don't have much that's rare...maybe Intelligent Qube or Poy Poy or something like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How many PS1 games do you have total?
    US wise, all of them. View on page 1 and 2 here:

http://videogamecollectors.com/galle...erRoom_of_Doom

And where do you keep em all stored??
    The jewels are stored in CD shelves bought from Best Buy(each hold 750), while the Lightspan, decks, accessories, long boxes, demos, Yaroze, Lightspan teachers books, tests, principle materials, etc are stored on a 'Docent' brand shelf from Ikea.

what is the RAREST game(s) you have??

From the standard point of view that I own every US release, pick one.

From a personal view, the almost complete jewel case variant of Mortal Kombat 3 was a personal holy grail that haunted me for about 2 years. I adore that little bastard, and will love it more once I can complete it.

Um...I have one of the original Metal Gear Solid betas that features save data not compatible with the final release.

Like Papastu, I have all but 1 Working Design's variant.

I also have demo disc variants...

I know...I know... I need help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy

And where do you keep em all stored??
    The jewels are stored in CD shelves bought from Best Buy(each hold 750), while the Lightspan, decks, accessories, long boxes, demos, Yaroze, Lightspan teachers books, tests, principle materials, etc are stored on a 'Docent' brand shelf from Ikea.

what is the RAREST game(s) you have??

From the standard point of view that I own every US release, pick one.

From a personal view, the almost complete jewel case variant of Mortal Kombat 3 was a personal holy grail that haunted me for about 2 years. I adore that little bastard, and will love it more once I can complete it.

Um...I have one of the original Metal Gear Solid betas that features save data not compatible with the final release.

Like Papastu, I have all but 1 Working Design's variant.

I also have demo disc variants...

I know...I know... I need help.
    You are my hero!! thats amazing, were you collecting the ps1 games from the start??1995

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i have about 30 some and my 2 imports Arc The Lad (in the funky slightly larger cd case) and Gundam G Generation Zero are probally my rarest....i know in japan theyre probally really common but in japan they'd definitly be a whole lot less common than the rest os my PSX games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I have about 450 complete games now, slowly working my way to DangerBoy's and Papastu's collections ( their knowledge of the ps1 is amazing). I have them all in the jewel cases just because I like the way they look.

Rarest game that I have, I'm going to say Fox Hunt.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got over 550 original games, a little over a third of which would be PAL originals in fatter cases. At the moment, I've got jewel cases in a series of 90 capacity snap-in type CD cabinets (like you'd get at an office supply store), but they're rather annoying for keeping games in order, so I'm going to put them in tall CD tower/shelf units.

For the bigger cases, I have them in these chipboard/MDF shelving units which have 3 DVD size shelves and 2 CD sized shelves in them, so the CD size shelves have PAL games, and the DVD ones have PS2 games. They fit about 39 DVD cases across, not sure how many PAL cases...

I should do photos and contribute to this room of doom thing.

Also: Dangerboy is my new hero.

Rarest game? Hard to say - I've got Silverload, an alpha of StarCon, Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten vols 1 and 2 (German quiz games based on the German version of a Dutch soap opera called 'Good Times, Bad Times') which are probably a dime a dozen in Germany but not overly common in the average chump's collection.. I've got X-Com Terror From The Deep as well, which is difficult to come by.
    The very first game I ever got for PS1 was SlamScape - if that's not rare, it needs to be.

Is there much of a decent rarity guide going on nowadays, ala the 2600 rarity lists? Does it extend to PAL releases too? There's a game called 'Bedlam' which was at one point identified as unreleased in the US, but it did come out in PAL, for example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also: I'd kill you all for Fox Hunt, or Super Pang Collection (Buster Bros Collection in the US)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm at 620 PlayStation games with maybe 30 or so of them being imports. I guess the rarest would be Fox Hunt? I don't have a Room of Doom to put them in yet. Instead I have these, uhmmm, closets of despair! Never had any problems finding a bit more space for jewel cases. The N64, SNES, Genesis and Saturn boxes and cases are the hardest ones for me to find room for!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mr_Elimin8's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only have 122 games. But my rarest are Intelligent Qube, Silverload, Herc's Adventures, and Team Buddies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have like 60-70 copies but like 20 originals,PSX hasn't interested me much till lately.My main target is NES but when i can't find any stuff i buy other console games too.
    I went to flea last weekend couldn't find NES stuff so i bought Warcraft 2 complete with Hintbook for $5,better then going hiome empty handed.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1! I havn't bought any since I got my Spyro PSOne pack :P

Fab collection, Dangerboy!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have about 130, plus demo discs. I store my games in a billy/benno cd rack that I bought at Ikea; they are pretty cheap (about $30 CDN here) and store over 120 discs each.

Actually, looking at my room, my Playstation games are on a shelf I copied from a billy/benno cd rack that I made with leftover MDF and drywall screws.

You can see the rack here:

http://videogamecollectors.com/galle...rlesaway/5of10

They work really well if you have little floor space, because they are only about 6 inches across.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have about 380 -400

I am throughly impressed with the dangerboy collection.
    I have go 800 + to go
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"Have you been collecting since 1995?"
    I'll scare you with this one.

I've owned a PSX since February 2nd, 1996; the day Street Fighter Alpha came out.

However, I didn't actually start collecting for the PlayStation until just about 1999ish...and then it was just picking up random games...my real scores didn't come until 2001ish, when I bought out an entire company's inventory (900 games for $750), and then sold off the dupes for $1500.

All while on unemployment.

Having just wiped out about more than 2/3rds of the PSX library (I had about 800 games total combined) I decided to go for it and try it as quickly as possible. I paid the price (Literally, good ol' CC debt ), but everything you see in my collection was accumulated in 4 1/2 years.

You can see a comic I did about the final game that nailed the "at least one copy of every game" goal here.

As psycho as it sounds, it was worth it...the buy out allowed me to grab a LOT of rare games for basically free (Arc, Puzzle Fighter, both Lunar's etc) and in moving as fast as I could, I was able to keep a mental record of everything I had seen, so when I first made contact with PapaStu, we started comparing notes. Sure enough, the Variant Hunters" were born, and my obsession for all things PlayStation One was finalized.

As funny as it sounds, the obsession has paid off in spades; I'm now the co-editor of the PSX section here at DP with Stu, I was crowned the "Biggest PlayStation Fan" by Sony (with the help of DP'ers! ), been in several magazines, and so forth.

Oddly enough, through a chance encounter, I am also Sony's personal behind the scenes archivist; if they ever need information about (C) info or screenshots, they come to me. Turns out I have more games than they do.

You can check out the games and so forth at my ever so slowly evolving site --> http://www.game-rave.com

The site updates on a monthly basis (I took December off), so check back around January 15th or so and the next update will be there.

So if you guys ever need help, me and Papastu are here for you. ^_^

Off to work and breakfast!

Jason[/url]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I currently have 45 PSX games and 2 demos. Just for the hell of it, here's a list what I have. An asterisk next to the title means it's a GH copy.

Ape Escape
    Board Game Top Shop
    Buster Bros. Collection
    Cleopatra's Fortune
    *Crash Bandicoot
    Destruction Derby
    Driver
    F1 World Grand Prix 2000
    Final Fantasy VII
    *Final Fantasy VIII
    Gekioh: Shooting King
    Gex
    *Gran Turismo 2
    *Grand Theft Auto 2
    Hot Shots Golf
    *Jet Moto 2
    NASCAR '98 Collector's Edition
    Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit
    Need For Speed: High Stakes
    The Next Tetris
    Patriotic Pinball
    Polaris SnoCross
    Pro Pinball: Big Race USA
    Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey
    Qix Neo
    Racing
    Rage Racer
    *Rayman
    RC de GO!
    Sheep
    SimCity 2000
    The Simpsons Wrestling
    Sled Storm
    Sno-Cross Championship Racing
    *Spyro The Dragon
    *Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
    *Spyro: Year Of The Dragon
    *Ten Pin Alley
    Test Drive 4
    Test Drive Off-Road
    *Tomb Raider
    *Tomb Raider II
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
    Turnabout
    Twisted Metal III

Demos:
    Pizza Hut: Disc One
    Pizza Hut: Disc Two

All are complete, except Test Drive Off-Road (which I got for free - long story short, I recently saved it from getting thrown out because it didn't have a case). The only longbox I own is Destruction Derby.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1520 different PAL PS1 releases - 13 more to go to finish a complete PAL collection. I'm already hunting european country specific variations and limited editions which brings the number of different games to 1546. Me am the king of PS1 PAL

PS: 1520 ALL first releases - no Platinum, Best Of and other re-release stuff
    visit my PlayStation 1 PAL website at www.defconsoft.co.uk

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dangerboy Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:59 am Post subject:

Quote:

truly a wonder of nature, this urban predator.

man, a buy out of 900 games? id love to get one of those...

ive got about 500 PS1 games now, and ive really only been into them for about 2 years. i think ive added 400 games in that time. rarest? who knows. mine are just on one of those sauder 'make your own adjustable cd rack' things. i have one now compelyely full, and realized yesterday my friend had borrowed about 20 of them, so i have no room left. if youre going for a large number either custom make shelves(if you have the skill) or buy the 500 CD shelves.

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have 50 U.S. games, 27 Japanese Imports, and 1 PAL game (B-Movie).

My rarest:

U.S.: Probably Fox Hunt, Math Gallery 1 and 2, and Yu-Gi-Oh with the Holofoil cover (no cards though).

Import: Probably Angel Graffiti Limited Edition w/ art book, 3" CD single, and comes in a decent sized box (anyone else here own it?) and the original release of Dragon Quest IV (which was recently released in the PS Books collection for a low, low price. If you love DW4, you should get it!).

And yes, Dangerboy is the PSX god

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have around 260-270 complete PS1 games. About 30 of those are longbox.

Rarest is prob NTSC Psychic Force. I know that one is never mentioned when it comes to rare PS1 titles, but I've only seen it 2 or 3 times on Ebay (complete) and never in the wild. I own most of the expensive stuff too like Suikoden II, Valk Profile, IQ, Tactics Ogre, Lunar 1&2 etc.

At one time I did own a mint Elemental Gearbolt Assassins Case but I traded that off for some rare Japanese Virtual Boy stuff. Even though it was a good trade, I kind of regret it now since I'm starting to collect PSX more.