Thread: I'm a short term portable gamer...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Default I'm a short term portable gamer...

I enjoy having a hand held I can take with me to college, work, or where ever, when ever I want, but I don't play them for extended hours like when I was 9. Since I got my DS I've only purchase Mario Kart DS for it because it's not too long, and it's just what I need for on the go hand held gaming experience. Not to mention I love the wireless capabilities.

I've often thought of playing rps's on the go, but unless I'm gonna be flying on a air plane, or on a 6 hour+ trip, I just can't condone wasting/playing "what ever you wan't to call it" over 10hrs on a extended hour game.

Am I the only one like this?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would seem logical that most would only be able to play their portable systems in short bursts. But I know of people that can play them for extended periods of time, and they simply like laying down on the sofa and playing them, or on their beds or whatever. They like getting comfy and cosy and then playing their portables for extended periods of time.

I'm guessing that they are in the minority though. Most people can only get a chance to play them for a 5 to 15 minute burst of time. I know that I'm taking my PSP on my next camping trip, and I look forward to just relaxing in a chair by the mountain stream and playing some Pulstar for the Neo Geo CD on my PSP.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I's just as soon play a portable for an extended period of time as any other system. The problem is I never have an extended period of time in which to play games, period. But I have to say that I prefer my DS to any other system at the moment, so I'm more likely to play a portable title even when at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Default Re: I'm a short term portable gamer...

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero

I've often thought of playing rps's on the go, but unless I'm gonna be flying on a air plane, or on a 6 hour+ trip, I just can't condone wasting/playing "what ever you wan't to call it" over 10hrs on a extended hour game.

Am I the only one like this?
    The nice thing about most portable RPG's is that you can save anywhere. So you can spend 10 minutes or 10 hours...it makes no difference.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have my DS, Gameboy Micro and PSP next to my bed and a selection of carts, I find my favourite time to play a portable game is right before I goto bed (lots of thinking gets me to sleep :P) and when I wake up.

I like both sorts of portable games (short stints and long adventures), but I get more out of games that are short.

For example, Wipeout pure has a great score table with every track, mode and the medal that you have, so I try and get a gold medal everytime I play!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really like to play games on the go espeically animal crossing at the moment but alot of times I find if im traveling I play everything

so it really depends but I think Wario Ware would be great just for small sperts of gaming

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars