Thread: to you gamers/collectors out there who value classic gaming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default to you gamers/collectors out there who value classic gaming

Ever find yourself waking up in the morning and suddenly thinking,

"Wow I am so lucky to own all the games (and game-related items) that I do... SO lucky. It feels good to be alive. Life is good."

?

Just curious. I haven't felt that way in years, but I recall in 2003 waking up one morning and just having that feeling hit me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

I often think that first sentence. I also often think the 2nd and 3rd sentences too but without any causal connection to the 1st. I generally get my sense of joie de vivree from my wife, kids, faith etc.

Oddly, I felt more continual giddiness about my 2600 collection when it was numbering around 50 carts, circa 1997, and in the pre-Ebay salad days of thrift shops. Now at just over 260 carts and having a harder time finding titles in the wild, I still value it a great deal but it's hard to sustain enthusiasm for the collection without the ability to regularly add to it.

Another factor affecting enthusiasm in my case is the weather. My Room of Doom doesn't get any of the house's central heat, so I tend to spend less time there in the late fall and winter than I do in the warmer months. Not to worry. Come spring I'll fall in love with it all over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !@

Not really. May I used to have that feeling once in a while? I live in a small place and I have all my systems and games hidden from view except for what's attached to the TV at the time, so I really don't get a visual reminder of my hobby. No room of doom here.

:/
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I stopped getting those thoughts and just kept having more thoughts of "why am I sitting on all this stuff I'll never have time to play again?" so I got rid of almost all of it and I don't have either of those thoughts anymore hehe