Thread: How can I ship to Canada with tracking?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How can I ship to Canada with tracking?

Need to return a game & suspect the Canadian seller will pretend the game's not received. How do I track the package?

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only way that I am aware of getting tracking on an international package is by shipping it USPS Express mail, sadly they make you pay for the most expensive method just to get tracking on a package. I never use UPS but may be able to get it through that also, not sure.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EMS/GEM (Global Express Mail) by USPS is also possible. Ive used it a few times, worldwide tracking and works great. Fast delivery too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Depending how it's shipped, you may be able to get registered mail or EMS which is pricy, but it will get their quick. I believe the minimum price on that for international packages is $20, registered is $8, but it is only available on a few select shipping services.

http://www.usps.com/global/intlspecialservices.htm#H2

Your local PO branch should have a number of handy booklets they'll let you have that go over all of this and it has lengths, width, weight guidlines for many of the services. I have one for int'l and domestic shipping and they are quite handy.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I usally ship UPS when dealing with out of the country buyers. They have a tracking number you can follow online and it's a hella lot cheaper then shipping USPS express.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Strangely the latest package I received from Canada had a delivery confirmation label on it.

Registration is always the safest, but it costs alot. Express will have the best tracking nevertheless.

ian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid
    Strangely the latest package I received from Canada had a delivery confirmation label on it.
    If you're talking about the package from me, it's because I went accross the border to send it with tracking. If it wasn't mine then that's strange, or must have cost a lot. Both the USPS and Canada Post rape your wallet if you want tracking to or from Canada and USA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I were you I would use Express...as they have a tracking number. UPS has it to...but I hate them...they rape you when you get the package with the cost. The cost of it is rediclious. I hate UPS with a passion...and Id never recommend them.

The Best Fighter in HISTORY!!!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Insaneclown
    If I were you I would use Express...as they have a tracking number. UPS has it to...but I hate them...they rape you when you get the package with the cost. The cost of it is rediclious. I hate UPS with a passion...and Id never recommend them.
    ... why would they rape you? The guy who shipped the item paid for the service, and that should be it. There should be no reason for you to give them -more- money after they got paid to ship the item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$16.00! for express ship to Canada. More than the game's worth & instead I shipped $2.20 letter mail. Hope the seller's honest & returns my money. [Update-- She returned my money.]

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does it cost $16.00 for Global Express to the United Kingdom? Is there a cheaper way to get tracking to foreign shores? thanks!

Instead of tracking I will use insurance. If the Canadian or UK buyer claims item not received-- I will recover $50 insurance & so no loss for me.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you use Express Mail (EMS), you automatically get $100 of insurance. Plus, you should be able to get boxes at the Post Office for it. I believe it starts somewhere around $16-$17 to go anywhere. I usually don't use it for the UK though because my Airmail stuff gets there within a week almost every time.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaming Eye
    Express Mail $16-$17 to go anywhere.
    Still too many $$$. Here's the math I arrived at

$3.85 = 2.50 Canadian post + 1.35 Insurance

$10.45 = 8.50 UK post + 1.95 Insurance

Cheaper is better. Gets more bids from Buyers. No tracking but still get my $50 back if game gets lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    Cheaper is better. Gets more bids from Buyers. No tracking but still get my $50 back if game gets lost.
    Whatever you have to do to keep that $25 a year ebay profit rolling in.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

use douche

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaneclown
    ... why would they rape you? The guy who shipped the item paid for the service, and that should be it. There should be no reason for you to give them -more- money after they got paid to ship the item.
    I had to pay some more to receive my item another $80 dollars. Argh...I was mad. Thats why I was pissed off.

The Best Fighter in HISTORY!!!