I have an Aladdin Deck enhancer that looks quite different internally that any other that I have seen. It does not have the switch so common to all Camerica products (including the Aladdin). It has three chips on the circuitboard instead of 2, and one of the chips has a sticker that says "Aladdin V2" on it. On one side of the board, it has "(C) CODEMASTERS ALADDIN V2.0" on it. I can not get it to work on my NES, and Bratwurst has suggested that I disable the lockout chip on my system.

Anyone have any info on this thing? I find it wierd thatsomething that existed for such a short amount of time actually had a hardware revision.

Thanks

Chris

EDIT: I foudn the following information:

The initial version of the Deck Enhancer, revision 1.1, featured a switch for NES deck compatibility, while revision 2.2 most likely used the same bypass technology as was used in the late european Codemaster releases, known as the "black carts", using a design much like the Aladdin Deck Enhancer.
That being the case, might the fact that I have a ~1987 NES mean that the Aladdins bypass system would not be able to get past my lockout chip?

Chris