Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden 2 rereleased for the ps1?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden 2 rereleased for the ps1?

i was in Rhino talking to my friend who works there, telling him about the Valkyrie Profile i found at EB games.after i told him my story he says to me that there buyer told them that he was trying to get both Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden 2 soon. i asked him how this could be and he told me they were reprints...like the persona 2 and tales of destiny they recently got...i know these rumors have been around the block a couple of times, but i dont think my friend would make this up. anybody else herd this lately? and what will this do the the price of the orignals?
    [img]http://card.mygamercard.net/graboidxxx.jpg[/img]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know they're releasing Valkyrie Profile for the PSP. Maybe your friend was thinking of that.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no...we were talking ps1..and it would be hard to belive if it wasnt for the other games they had already received brand new (persona 2 and a couple more).he mentioned to me something about copy rights being transfered to someone else. Im not saying that its true, im just wondering if anyone has herd anything like this recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Something got lost in the communication with the "copyrights transferred." What's happened is that Sony stopped collecting royalties on PSOne games, so companies basically are free to reprint their PSOne games without needing to pay Sony.

I think it's great. I read about this possibility in the forums only a few weeks ago, and Suikoden II + VP were specifically mentioned as possibilities - ones that we wanted to see.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that makes alot of sense...all profit for the game companies. ill be the first in line to buy. Do they have to change the cover or can they make an exact copy...with no way of knowing the new from the old?might be bad for the collectors but good for us that like to play the games they collect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I take it they'll still be able to use the PlayStation logo and everything. Sony (last time I checked) didn't own the disc manufacturing facilities stateside, so they can go to a non-Sony plant. As for the rest of the game art on the cover, it's owned by the publisher/developer themselves (whoever owns the rights to the game series, I'd imagine, in most cases).

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

id rather see changed covers, makes it good for collectors who have the original version and good for people looking for the game to play, kinda like dragonball GT(though i know that did affect prices of the original).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by qbertandernie
    id rather see changed covers, makes it good for collectors who have the original version and good for people looking for the game to play, kinda like dragonball GT(though i know that did affect prices of the original).
    Yes. I'm aware that I get it easy here, so I hope collectors/sellers get a soft landing here...but a landing, nevertheless, because I want an original

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome news. I'd totally buy a second copy of the game just to support its reprinting. I really do hope that they keep the same cover art but just change the copyright date or Enix America to SquareEnix or something. The original coverart looked great.

In fact, here's a little love fresh from my scanner:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My friend who manages a gamestop was going on about how he found one at his store. So im going to say its true and came in shipment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really hope they rerelease it

I've been wanting to get them for the longest time but holding off just in case though it's all good

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

From what i've been told, Sony actually produced the first runs of the PS games. The masters had to go thru Sony for approval and then went on to production and then out to the vendors ect who bought them.

It seems kinda silly to go and re-release these games since they are both on slate for PSP releases and they are clamoring for new PSP releases that will not only sell good quantities of games, but move units as well. The system right now is still really weak on the RPG front.

If anything I'd expect the PSP releases before you see these random Konami/Squareenix releases.

And a note for those that hope should this release that something change. It wont. None of the re-releases had any changes at all to them. No new PSRM#'s (sony's licensing numbers) no new or edited copywrite dates and when they re-did DBGT:Final Bout, Atari (who has all the DBZ licensing now) didn't even bother to change ANYTHING in the game other than the art. It still says BanDai for the title screen and doesnt mention Atari anywhere in the game.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still think it's just a rumour. You can be optimistic all you want.
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

I hope this is true. Oh man, I hope this is very true. This means I can get Valkyrie Profile a lot cheaper now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've been hearing this rumor for months now, and I've still yet to see anything that would even suggest that it would be legit. I still say it's a case of wishful thinking that's gotten out-of-hand.

I have to ditto PapaStu; we're more likely to see the PSP ports than re-releases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i passed on valkyrie profile and now regret it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you hear that?

It was the sound of a couple hundred PS1 collectors who just learned that the uber rare PS1 game they paid hundreds for will soon be worth about $39.99.

It should be fun watching eBay the next few weeks to see how many people panic and rush to unload their copies before the crash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Persona 2 was reprinted, along with several other "R@RE L@@K" games, such as Rhapsody and Rez.

Please, for the love of all that is good, let these rumors die. People can hope all they want, it isn't going to happen.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

What's this about Tales of Destiny anyway? I don't see any indication that more have been reprinted or turned up. I don't even see any sealed copies on eBay.

Has the stance of the community's PlayStation experts changed to that Persona 2 and Rhapsody were reprinted, or is it still considered that they must be refurbished?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, maybe I've just been into games too long. Back when these games came out, I remember that there was NO shortage of them. I distinctly remember being in best buy months after suikoden 2 came out and they must have had over a dozen new copies on display! Same with Valkyrie profile. The media play near where I used to live had new copies for at least a year after release. I guess my point is, these games were readily available for a long time - I wouldn't say they were underprinted, and they certainly aren't "rare" games. Some games come out and after the first shipment, vanish forever. Is it people who are newer to the hobby who are so after these games? Or people who just put off getting them? They are certainly super hot nowadays and everyone seems to want them.

*sigh* Oh well. Just thought I would add my 2 cents.