I'm sure most people probably come to a point where they take stock and realize that things are a bit stale and, perhaps only right at that moment, there are other things that have edged up on the priority list. Combine the two and you start thinking, "Hey, y'know, I could maybe sell this stuff and clear out some of those suddenly higher priority stuff, and maybe get back to it later on."

Well, I'm sorta standing on the brink of that. Life creeps in, there are things you start looking at and realizing that there are things you've been wanting/needing to get over the course of the last year or two and you've continuously put them off because other things -- Atari collecting, say -- have gotten in the way of that.

Not that I don't enjoy collecting Atari of course, but I've reached a point where what I need to fulfill certain goals is either prohibitively expensive and/or extremely hard to get, and scores are few and far between and I'm not in that position to really afford those remaining few things.

And I like the thrill of the chase. The rush of the win. The feel of getting good deals or fun games.

I miss it.

So here's what I'm thinking of doing.

I'll keep a small, core set of the games I really like, plus the stuff I know I'll probably never get again or just don't want to part with (the homebrews/repros for example) and sell off the rest.

Given an approximate remainder of the stuff after I've set aside my favourites, we'd be talking about 700-800 carts, of which about 130+ would be either boxed, complete-boxed or sealed, plus some nice rares and stuff.

My current Excel spreadsheet-based list can be found attached to this AA thread (Ignore the other Atari platforms in the additional sheets in here; they're irrelevant) Anyone care to spec out what everything would be worth, leaving out the homebrews, repros, and let's say a generous 50 commons-to-scarces? And who'd be interested if I went ahead and just sold it? Feel free to make offers on lots, singles, the whole ball of wax, whatever. I'll give it all due consideration before making my final choice.