Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Default Re:

/me salutes Mr. Etler.

It better snow like 2 flakes, because I must be there.

dave

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default snow?

It looks like the forecast is changing to light snow tomorrow, with the heavy stuff coming Sunday night. Yay!

the kid

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you now what will i bring.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

That was a good way to close out the last NAVA at the store - many of the old "usuals", a few newbies, and lots of good trades.

So it looks like NAVA will start moving around a bit from here out, which I think is a good thing in some ways - it will raise awareness (or at least attendance) a little by having locations a little more north or a little more south, grabbing the "outliers" (aka lazy people) at least on occasion.

The best part of last night was when Mike literally started dumping his inventory from those big overhead boxes onto the floor near the end of the night. Sure, it lacked the fervor of the "Dig Dug Drop" at CGE, but where else are you gonna get sealed N64 and complete boxed NES games for free like that!?

Mike, thanks for everything again. I have a lot of great memories from your years of hosting this event.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would have been funny to watch.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    The best part of last night was when Mike literally started dumping his inventory from those big overhead boxes onto the floor near the end of the night.
    Darn. I had to leave before that so I could get Patrick Wong to the train station to catch the last train back to NYC. The train was already at the station when we got there!
    Leonard Herman
    The Game Scholar
    Publisher of Historical Videogame Books
    http://www.rolentapress.com
    Phoenix 4 coming in 2014

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    The best part of last night was when Mike literally started dumping his inventory from those big overhead boxes onto the floor near the end of the night. Sure, it lacked the fervor of the "Dig Dug Drop" at CGE, but where else are you gonna get sealed N64 and complete boxed NES games for free like that!?
    Damn pain meds. Can't remember a thing after the Percocet/Vicadin/Darvocet cocktail I had yesterday.

A huge thanks to everyone that came out. It definitely lifted my spirits after the last couple of weeks.

-Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its rare times like that when I hate being married with kids and having to leave early (lol). I am fairly new to the NAVA meetings, I enjoyed them and I look forward to their continuation. Just wanted to thank Mike again for all he's done. Good Luck! Long live NAVA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="TripppsK"]
    Its rare times like that when I hate being married with kids and having to leave early (lol). I am fairly new to the NAVA meetings, I enjoyed them and I look forward to their continuation. Just wanted to thank Mike again for all he's done. Good Luck! Long live NAVA!!
    I hear you. I too left early, but the finally meeting was fun. It has taken me a few meetings to get to know people and start to feel comfortable at them, but this one was a good one. I look forward to future gatherings in whatever form they might take. Like everyone else, thanks to Mike and the store for being our host.

Before I left I did manage to buy two games I needed: (Worms World Party - DC & Raiden - Lynx) so the meeting was definately worth it from that perspective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had every intention of going (I even took off work), but getting stuck in the snow in New Jersey was not very appealing (they changed the forecast on me after it was too late). I was very lucky to get in almost at the ground floor with NAVA, and I met a lot of great people and played a lot of great games there. Mike is definitely one of the good guys of this hobby, and I would like to thank him for hosting the meetings and for all the trades that we did over the years. I was able to complete my 5200 collection at NAVA. NAVA is a nice group of people and I hope that we can continue to meet in the future. So thanks to Mike and everyone else for all the great memories, and to Mike, enjoy your new life and get well soon!

Ferg