Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DS vs PSP which is your Fav and why?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea heard about Phenoix Wright, that its really hard to find. does it use the touch screen ? because basically the prob with me is that I want something that actually uses the second screen the way its ment to be! I don't want a game that just shows the map or the curcuit on the bottom you know wat I mean ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PS2Hawk
    I want something that actually uses the second screen the way its ment to be! I don't want a game that just shows the map or the curcuit on the bottom you know wat I mean ?
    Get Osu Tatakae Ouendan. Thats all touch screen.

I prefer the DS myself. The stylus is good for scratching yourself with while your playing if you get an itch somewhere.

Great thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Although i own both, I like the DS more.

Why?

Better gameplay.

Sure, the PSP has lots of functions, And i can play over 300 games on it (With emulation) But it isn't as fun as the DS.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like both. I play both. I buy for both. They get on quite well together, too, even though the DS is outnumbered.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the DS because the games are fun and I like using the touch screen. And I've beaten Mario kart DS.

Cherry (Level 1) DaBargainHunta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I gotta go with the DS.

Yes, the PSP looks sexier, but so what? Admittedly, the PSP does have a few games I'm interested in, but they're either retro releases or ports. I'll probably break down and get one after a price drop or three, but not yet.

Sony's deplorable customer service doesn't help either:

"Broken button, normal."
    "Dead pixels, normal."

No thanks!

The DS has gameplay experiences you simply can't get on any other system (Trauma Center, etc.). And that's what it's all about, folks - THE GAMES!
    Formerly the poster known as Retro Pro

My review of Road Trip for PS2: http://digitpress.com/reviews/roadtrip.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Why do people complain about the DS screen? I like having the ability to adjust it to what ever angle I want.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the PSP, it's a very sleek product and has a lot of utlity in it.

It can be used to browse online (2.0), LocationFree Tv support (2.5), RSS (2.6), you can upload files onto it and use it like a thumbdrive back/forth between computers and school. In the photo section, I upload manga or paintbrushed notes so that i read them later or mapquest directions so that i could quickly check em out while im driving. In the music section, upload your favorite tunes and listen to em on the same product that you can play games on, even better with a larger Memory Stick and/or the new 2200mAh official Sony battery. In the video section, upload your favorite show or anime ep or UMD to watch while on the go, perfect for flights or while your away from your tv or comp. One of the best UMDs I must say is the 5-UMD disc Family Guy Season 1 Season 2 boxset (currently sold out/hard to find unless you go ebay). Not to mention, UMD is already taking at least 1% of the movie market right now. o-o.

Now, the games. I must admit, there hasnt been much in the omgwtfbbq must-buy category but some of the upcoming new releases do sound very promising. I, myself, am looking forward to the next Untold Legends, I.Q. Mania, and the Capcom games. Some of the current titles really are pretty nice too, like the obvious Lumines, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Talkman, Taiko no Tatsujin, Smackdown vs Raw, etc. Plus with the PSP's sleep feature, you can just put your game to sleep, do whatever you have to do, and come right back to where you left off.

For the emulator/homebrew crowd, theres everything from your favorite old and homebrewed games to notepad, file manager, remote control, radio, pda, calculators, calenders, etc. Adding a little bit more utility to it. Plus theres plenty of other programs like PSPvideo9 to convert videos to be viewable on psp, etc. There's also programs like xlink kai and xbconnect that can trick your psp into thinking that your wireless adapter is another psp for "ad-hoc" mode, allowing you to play some of your "ad-hoc"-only games "online" through tunneling. Pretty cool for outside support.

I may not be playing a game or using it in any way, but i do admit i've been carrying it around with me almost every day. >_<

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good points, the DS doesn't have the same amount of options that the PSP offers, but they (to some) have more "in demand" games, or must own games. But I think this year will be a good year for the PSP, like you said there are alot of good titles on the horizon, I for one am awaiting Siphon Filter, and the new Killzone, plus Gran Turismo, should all be nice ports to make the PSP a must own system in 06.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PSP screens look incredible....

DS screens, I don't get why this was trashed, it wasn't that bad, but the PSP ver is looking great.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DS
    Incredible selection of awesome (and innovative)games.

PSP is far too expensive and so are the games.
    battery is poor too.

btw: I use my DS as MP3 -,WAV-,RAW-,MOD-,SPC-,video - and SNES/NES/Master System/Gameboy(Color)/WonderSwan/MSX1+2 emus -Player.All on an one 1GB CF-card in my GBAMP.Of course I have other apps(Windows for DS,Organizer,Calculator,Text-writter.JPEG/BMP Viewer etc etc) and the official Nintendo DS-games demos there too.
    and since yesterday I control my computer via my DS from my couch(internet-surfing etc).So my DS acts like a remote for my computer.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zubiac666
    and since yesterday I control my computer via my DS from my couch(internet-surfing etc).So my DS acts like a remote for my computer.
    Yeah, that is a really neat piece of homebrew, isn't it?