Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamecube comprehensive bundle/limited edition console list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gamecube comprehensive bundle/limited edition console list

I've kept up with the Gamecube library even though I haven't been able to do the DP Gamecube guide here anymore, but I never gave much thought to all of the console bundles released for the Cube.

I've searched the DP site, and have seen many different threads with bits of information, but I don't think they're complete, and it's kind of tough to piece all of them together.

SO, with the Cube entering what will probably be the "silver" age of it's lifecycle, I wanted to get a single thread going with a comprehensive listing of the console releases for the three major markets, as well as some other neat tidbits related to the hardware.

I am hoping to get some confirmation about these as well as fill in any missing holes (again, I don't know that I have them all...)

Pictures of the bundles in their boxes, as well as the pack-in games are GREATLY appreciated.

CONSOLE RELEASES:

US

Indigo system
    Black system
    Limited Edition Platinum system
    Super Mario Sunshine pack (indigo or black console w/Memory Card 59 pack-in; Super Mario Sunshine pack-in. Sticker on box identifying special pack-in. I believe that this was the very first US bundle set for the Cube, but would like confirmation...)
    Metroid: Prime Bonus Bundle (w/Metroid: Prime pack-in; Metroid 2 bonus disc)
    Super Smash Bros. Melee Bundle Set (w/Super Smash Bros. Melee pack-in)
    Mario Kart: Double Dash Bonus Set (platinum console w/Mario Kart: Double Dash pack-in; extra controller)
    Limited Edition Platinum system (w/Zelda Wind Waker/Metroid pack-in)
    Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Limited Edition Bundle (w/Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness pack-in)
    Mario Party 7 Bonus Set (black console w/Mario Party 7 pack-in; extra indigo controller)

These I'm not certain about, but thought there was something...NEED CONFIRMATION

Pokemon Colosseum system bundle (w/Pokemon Colosseum pack-in)
    Limited Edition Platinum system (w/gameboy player; and although not packed into the box, you got a free copy of the Zelda 4-in-1 Collector's Edition)

CANADA

Super Mario Strikers Super Pack (black console w/Super Mario Strikers pack-in)
    Super Mario Strikers Super Pack (platinum console w/Super Mario Strikers pack-in)

EUROPE

Indigo system
    Black system
    Spice system (limited; rumored to 2,000 units)
    Resident Evil 4 limited edition pak (platinum console with black bottom; with RE4 Jewel-plate; dual colored controller with RE 4 logo; w/RE 4 pack-in & bonus disc)
    Metroid: Prime Pak (NOT the same as the US pak! Released prior to US version, this pak included a special Metroid jewel plate and a "Not For Resale" copy of the game. Colored console variations unconfirmed.)
    Mario Kart Double Dash!! Platinum Pak (Contained a special two disc version of Mario Kart DD, with the second disc being the Zelda Collector's Edition disc inside the Mario Kart case (Case was black instead of the more common red, and marked "Not For Resale".) Colored console variations unconfirmed.)
    Mario Kart Double Dash!! Platinum Pak "II" (platinum console w/ "Not For Resale" version of Mario Kart DD, released when Mario Kart DD turned into Player's Choice.)
    Zelda: Wind Waker Limited Edition Pak (Original release contained a platinum console; later available (due to public demand) only in Black and Indigo. Pack-in w/copy of Wind Waker PLUS the OOT Master disc (game included is virtually the same as the standard LE copy of Wind Waker, but comes in a black case instead of gold, and marked "Not For Resale".)
    Donkey Konga Limited Edition Pak (Huge bundle which contains a "Not For Resale" copy of Donkey Konga, as well as a set of Bongo's. Colored console variations unconfirmed.)
    Pokemon Colosseum Limited Edition Pak (Contains a "Not For Resale" copy of Pokemon Colosseum, as well as a second disc containing Pokemon Box in the same case. Color console variations unconfirmed.)
    Tales Of Symphonia Limited Edition Pak (Very limited; extremely rare. Mint green console, controller; Tales of Symphonia pack-in.)
    Mario Smash Football Pak (pearl white console w/pearl white controller; Mario Smash Football "Strikers" pack-in)

These I'm not certain about, but thought there was something...NEED CONFIRMATION and MORE INFORMATION!

Mario Sunshine (inc. Memory Card 251) w/sticker on the box
    Zelda Windwaker without bonus disc
    Mario Kart DD and Winnie the Pooh (just a sticker added on the Mario Kart DD pack)
    Pokemon Colosseum Mega Pack

JAPAN

Indigo system
    Black system
    Spice (orange) system (rumored to be limited to approximately 2000 released)
    Limited Edition Starlight Gold system (w/Starlight Gold controller)
    Hanshin Tigers Limited Edition (team colors & logo on console and Jewel-plate; jersey included)
    Metal Gear Solid Premium Package (platinum console; w/Foxhound logo Jewel-plate)
    Mobile Suit Gundam system bundle (red console w/red GameBoy Player; w/red standard controller)
    Tales of Symphonia system bundle (mint green console w/mint green GameBoy Player; w/mint green standard controller)
    Crystal Chronicles system bundle (crystal white console - dengeki competition only - limited to 150; w/crystal white standard controller)
    Indigo Enjoyment Plus Pack (w/indigo GameBoy Player and indigo controller)
    Black Enjoyment Plus Pack (w/black GameBoy Player and black controller)
    Spice Enjoyment Plus Pack (w/spice GameBoy Player and spice controller)
    Platinum Enjoyment Plus Pack (w/platinum GameBoy Player, platinum controller and "transparent" controller)
    Panasonic Q System (special chrome system with charcoal grey standard controller and remote for DVD playback.)

Other Jewel-plates available:

Available from Club Nintendo:

Doubutsu No Mori/Animal Crossing (yellow)
    Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (black)
    Mario Kart: Double Dash (white)

Not sure where you could get these:

Donkey Konga (orange)
    Mario Party 5 (pink)
    Pokemon Colosseum (black)
    Heineken (black)
    Naruto (grey and black)

1st PARTY CONTROLLERS: (not including those available in a console bundle pack)

Indigo standard controller
    Black standard controller
    Spice standard controller
    Platinum standard controller
    Indigo/"Clear" standard controller
    Emerald Blue standard controller
    White/Light Blue standard controller (available thru Club Nintendo, with Mario cap logo)
    "Mario" standard controller (available thru Club Nintendo; red & blue with "M" logo)
    "Luigi" standard controller (available thru Club Nintendo; green & blue with "L" logo)
    "Wario" standard controller (available thru Club Nintendo; yellow & purple with "W" logo)
    Grey Wavebird controller
    Platinum Wavebird controller
    Red "Gundam" Wavebird controller (available thru Club Nintendo - possibly limited to 1,000)
    White/Light Blue Wavebird controller (available thru Club Nintendo, with Mario cap logo)

Again, this is all of the information that I could gather from other threads and bits and pieces here and there.

ANY information, corrections, etc is encouraged and very much appreciated.

Last thing - for the life of me, I cannot seem to find any of these for sale anywhere (excluding the regular consoles, the Pokemon XD, and Mario Party bundles, which can be found easily.)

If anyone has recommendations on where to obtain these, that info is much appreciated - please PM me, rather than wasting space in this thread.

Please only offer VERIFIED information, as I'd prefer not to encourage rumored releases. Thanks in advance to everyone who can contribute to this list.

Steve (Orri-)
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...=heineken+cube

The Heineken edition Cube, as well as what little information I could gather up.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What was on that mario kart DD bonus disc?

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Gamecube I bought back in 2003 was an Indigo system w/ Zelda Collectors Edition Pack-in game. Don't have the box and such anymore though :/ The pack in game came with other system colors as well. I remember Black and Platinum along with the Indigo. Hope this helps out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gundam Wavebird. And very nice it is too....

Not including the Panasonic Q anywhere?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In europe, we received a pearl white GC with Mario Smash Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey

Yup the gundam wavebird was available from club nintendo too but it was a competition prize. Limited to just 1000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Europe has:

Indigo system ~ Standard
    Black system ~ Standard

Platinum system ~ Usually available for a limited time whenever a bundle comes out, such as the Wind Waker bundle and the Mario Kart DD bundle

Spice syetem ~ Launch model (Believed to be limited to 2000 units, but not confirmed) ~ Available to the first people who pre-ordered a GameCube in the UK back in 2002

Resident Evil 4 Limited Edition Pak ~ Limited Edition model. Platinum with black bottom, plus LE Resi 4 jewel on top, and special dual coloured controller with Resi 4 logo (Bundle also contains a copy of the game and a specially limited bonus disc)

Metroid Prime Limited Edition Pak ~ NOT the same as the US pak! Released way before Metroid Prime II was even considered, this pak included a special Metroid jewel plate and a "Not For Resale" copy of the game. Colour variations unconfirmed.

Mario Kart DD Limited Edition Pak II ~ Not sure on colour variations. Contained a special two disc version of Mario Kart DD, with the second disc being the Zelda Collector's Edition disc inside the Mario Kart case (Case was black instead of the more common red, and marked "Not For Resale")

Mario Kart DD Limited Edition Pak II ~ A Platinum GameCube plus a Not For Resale version of Mario Kart DD, released when Mario Kart DD turned into Player's Choice (Game marked "Not For Resale")

Mario Smash Football Limited Edition Pak ~ Contains a "Not For Resale" version of Mario Smash Football, plus a Pearl White GameCube (Believed to be LE, but not confirmed) ~ GameCube is the new design, minus the extra ports on the bottom and minus the digital output on the back (Game marked "Not For Resale")

Zelda: Wind Waker Limited Edition Pak ~ Originally contained a Platinum model Cube, but later available (Due to public demand) in only Black and Indigo ~ Contains a copy of Wind Waker PLUS the OOT Master disc (Game included is virtually the same as the standard LE copy of Wind Waker, but comes in a black case instead of gold, and marked "Not For Resale")

Donkey Konga Limited Edition Pak ~ A huge bundle which contains a "Not For Resale" copy of Donkey Konga, as well as a set of Bongo's. Unsure on colour variations

Pokemon Colosseum Limited Edition Pak ~ Unsure on colour variations. Contains a "Not For Resale" copy of Pokemon Colosseum, as well as a second disc containing Pokemon Box in the same case.

Tales Of Symphonia Limited Edition Pak ~ Released only on the continent in very limited numbers. Extremely rare PAL versions of the mint coloured GameCube & controller, along with copy of Tales Of Symphonia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I think the later cube models without the digital port on the back should get a separate listing. I think the Indigo didn't see a version without it, but I know at least the black one did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0
    I think the later cube models without the digital port on the back should get a separate listing. I think the Indigo didn't see a version without it, but I know at least the black one did.
    Not too sure if the Platinum ones are available without the digital port (If they are, then the second Mario Kart DD bundle is the most likely)

To my knowledge, the Pearl White ones have only (As yet) been available as part of the Mario Smash Football bundles. Have no idea if Nintendo intend on rereleasing them again as part of another bundle, or on their own alongside the Indigo and Black models

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

The Gamecube bundle I picked up in February 2003 contined:

Indigo Gamecube System w/ 1 indigo controller
    Super Mario Sunshine
    59 block memory card

It has a Super Mario Sunshine sticker attached to the front advertising the free game and memory card. This was during the time when GC was still $150, but you could get a free game (I picked RE0).

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Mario Strikers Super Pack (white console w/Super Mario Strikers packin)

seeing as I live in Canada, I thought I would go buy this bundle, how-ever, I asked the monkeys behind the counter and they have only sold black or silver Mario Strikers bundles.

(I still might buy one, they are only $129 CND)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey

Information added - thank you!

Orri-
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBacon
    In europe, we received a pearl white GC with Mario Smash Football

Orri-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    Europe has:

Indigo system ~ Standard
    Black system ~ Standard

Platinum system ~ Usually available for a limited time whenever a bundle comes out, such as the Wind Waker bundle and the Mario Kart DD bundle

Spice syetem ~ Launch model (Believed to be limited to 2000 units, but not confirmed) ~ Available to the first people who pre-ordered a GameCube in the UK back in 2002

Resident Evil 4 Limited Edition Pak ~ Limited Edition model. Platinum with black bottom, plus LE Resi 4 jewel on top, and special dual coloured controller with Resi 4 logo (Bundle also contains a copy of the game and a specially limited bonus disc)

Metroid Prime Limited Edition Pak ~ NOT the same as the US pak! Released way before Metroid Prime II was even considered, this pak included a special Metroid jewel plate and a "Not For Resale" copy of the game. Colour variations unconfirmed.

Mario Kart DD Limited Edition Pak II ~ Not sure on colour variations. Contained a special two disc version of Mario Kart DD, with the second disc being the Zelda Collector's Edition disc inside the Mario Kart case (Case was black instead of the more common red, and marked "Not For Resale")

Mario Kart DD Limited Edition Pak II ~ A Platinum GameCube plus a Not For Resale version of Mario Kart DD, released when Mario Kart DD turned into Player's Choice (Game marked "Not For Resale")

Mario Smash Football Limited Edition Pak ~ Contains a "Not For Resale" version of Mario Smash Football, plus a Pearl White GameCube (Believed to be LE, but not confirmed) ~ GameCube is the new design, minus the extra ports on the bottom and minus the digital output on the back (Game marked "Not For Resale")

Zelda: Wind Waker Limited Edition Pak ~ Originally contained a Platinum model Cube, but later available (Due to public demand) in only Black and Indigo ~ Contains a copy of Wind Waker PLUS the OOT Master disc (Game included is virtually the same as the standard LE copy of Wind Waker, but comes in a black case instead of gold, and marked "Not For Resale")

Donkey Konga Limited Edition Pak ~ A huge bundle which contains a "Not For Resale" copy of Donkey Konga, as well as a set of Bongo's. Unsure on colour variations

Pokemon Colosseum Limited Edition Pak ~ Unsure on colour variations. Contains a "Not For Resale" copy of Pokemon Colosseum, as well as a second disc containing Pokemon Box in the same case.

Tales Of Symphonia Limited Edition Pak ~ Released only on the continent in very limited numbers. Extremely rare PAL versions of the mint coloured GameCube & controller, along with copy of Tales Of Symphonia.
    VERY, VERY helpful!

Thank you so much! I've added your information in the EUROPE section.

Can you confirm any of the one's in that section that I've still got listed as unconfirmed?

Thanks again,

Orri-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm
    The Gamecube bundle I picked up in February 2003 contined:

Indigo Gamecube System w/ 1 indigo controller
    Super Mario Sunshine
    59 block memory card

It has a Super Mario Sunshine sticker attached to the front advertising the free game and memory card. This was during the time when GC was still $150, but you could get a free game (I picked RE0).

Orri-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you to everyone who has added some information so far.

I've added what's new or of better information than I had before.

One thing that I wanted to note. I know that the early versions of the consoles had the component output port, and now they don't.

However, this thread is mostly about the system bundles, special systems, controllers and jewel-plates that you can get for the Gamecube in the major markets. Whether they have the port or not doesn't add much interest.

Keep it coming folks - I really appreciate it.

Now, if I could only find some of these...

Thanks,

Orri-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Gamecube comprehensive bundle/limited edition console li

Quote Originally Posted by orrimarrko
    EUROPE

Spice system (limited; rumored to 2,000 units)
    SPICE PAL??? this would be news to me, all i know of is a limited run of Tales of Symphonia MINT bundles only released in france...

huh?? a platinum system without games?!? can't remember that one but i could definately be wrong here

Metroid: Prime Pak (NOT the same as the US pak! Released prior to US version, this pak included a special Metroid jewel plate and a "Not For Resale" copy of the game. Colored console variations unconfirmed.)
    no color variations, only released in black

Mario Kart DD Limited Edition Pak (Contained a special two disc version of Mario Kart DD, with the second disc being the Zelda Collector's Edition disc inside the Mario Kart case (Case was black instead of the more common red, and marked "Not For Resale".) Colored console variations unconfirmed.)
    in fact, the red mk case is not the more common one, the black one is (most retail copies were black afaik, and mine is too). i'm pretty sure the pak was released with red case mk too. also pretty sure this LE was released with black +indigo systems

Zelda: Wind Waker Limited Edition Pak (Original release contained a platinum console; later available (due to public demand) only in Black and Indigo. Pack-in w/copy of Wind Waker PLUS the OOT Master disc (game included is virtually the same as the standard LE copy of Wind Waker, but comes in a black case instead of gold, and marked "Not For Resale".)
    some wrong info in there, the original platinum LE 100% came with Zelda in a gold case, i own it and bought it new. not sure if the indigo/black bundles came with a gold or black zelda

Tales Of Symphonia Limited Edition Pak (Very limited; extremely rare. Mint green console, controller; Tales of Symphonia pack-in.)
    as i said above, limited to France

Mario Smash Football Pak (pearl white console w/pearl white controller; Mario Smash Football "Strikers" pack-in)
    most likely a not for resale copy of Mario Smash Football

Mario Sunshine (inc. Memory Card 251) w/sticker on the box
    Zelda Windwaker without bonus disc
    Mario Kart DD and Winnie the Pooh (just a sticker added on the Mario Kart DD pack)
    Pokemon Colosseum Mega Pack
    never heard of those, if they exist they might be store exclusives
    -Jan

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am gonna move this to modern gaming.

(Shufflelicious!)
    #vbender