Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The worst super crappy game you love.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Quote Originally Posted by max 330 mega
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Anyhow, I would have to say that I actually like Mutation Nation. It's too hard for me to get through without feeding credits, and it does get pretty bad at parts...but man, there are some nice areas in here! My favorite is actually the museum, that short gallery walkway before you enter the boss room (ram-headed guy who has a t-rex skull come out of his chest - this fellow's on the box art in the back).
    i love mutation nation! Its actually kind of a tie between mutation nation and streets of rage 2 as my favorite beat em up ever.
    It definitely kicks Robo Army's ass, and it's not too far behind Burning Fight graphically (in terms of diversity).

And yeah, SoR II is amazing. :)
    I actually loved Burning Fight, you really had to applaud the company who did that for at least trying

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym
    Bubsy and Aero the Acro-Bat for the SNES. It seems like a lot of people don't like these games but love them. The sequels did suck though as a few people have said. Super Pitfall on the NES is another one.

Aero the Acrobat is actually a very good game. I don't think it can really be considered crap. Anybody that is really into mascot type games, would probably very much enjoy Aero if they gave the game a decent chance. As for Bubsy, ok, I think Bubsy could qualify as somewhat craptastic.

Regarding Aero, I remember an issue of Die Hard GameFan that featured Aero on the cover, and they had a huge 5 page spread on Aero, with Halverson basically hyping it up to the 10th degree. Of course, Halverson is well known for falling madly in love with certain games and blowing them out of proportion. Still, Aero is a fine game, especially for somebody like me that has a soft spot for run and jump type games.

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Deadly Towers

This is considered one of the worst games ever made for the NES, but I personally think it is a spectacular game. The story is very detailed and original, especially for it's time, the music is very captivating, the weapons and special items are interesting, the level design is unique and challenging to get through. I admit that the game is VERY VERY hard, but it is also very fun.

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll second Sorceror for 2600. It's just so random and awful that I can't draw away from it. That 'music' is beyond awful, but I get it stuck in my head every now and then.

Also, Circus Maximus for Xbox. I put hours and hours of time into this, and really didn't have any issue with controls, as most reviews cited. My only complaint was there was no 2-player co-op in story mode (just in arena matches)

Strawberry (Level 2) starsoldier1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also thought the Guy Game wasn't that bad. I wish there were more adult friendly games out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

SPRUNG. Oh God the game is hilarious. And you can get it for like 8 bucks now.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haunted Castle - Arcade. Castlevania game sort of, really really impossibly hard and badly designed game, has good music though.
    Why don't you go play in the other room. Why don't you BURN IN HELL!! - Stewie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by James
    Haunted Castle - Arcade. Castlevania game sort of, really really impossibly hard and badly designed game, has good music though.
    Hah, yes, that's one I like too. Wouldn't call it badly designed, but the wierd hit box on the morning star...and the US versions are much harder than the Japanese...they took away all the asthetics on the cabinet sideart and make it impossible to play. Go figure.

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tecmo Secret of the stars SNes
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Strawberry (Level 2) sickdrummer420's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    sickdrummer420

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D
    Burn Cycle [CD-i]
    good call!
    Drummers do it with rythym

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

here's another one, while not crappy, it could have been SO MUCH better.

NBA Give N Go on SNES. It's just not fast enough! Other than that, love the big sprites, love the Run N Gun-ish feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avatard
    Are Azure Dreams and StarRaider considered crappy games?
    I don't think Azure Dreams is a panned game. It's just a mostly unknown game. I LOVE it though, and I don't know why. But I just had to always reach that next level of the tower.

I also love Mischief Makers. I wouldn't consider that a panned game at all. Same thing with Super Scope 6. I wouldn't count any of those three.

I don't know if I have any universally-hated games that I like. Perhaps the closest would be California Games. For some reason, I've heard that game slammed a lot the past few years. But at the time, I loved it, and my brother did too. I still enjoy it in fact.

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Drakkhen and Hydlide. I've beaten both games numerous times, and I still play them today. Though I will admit, Hydlide's song sounds like some theme from an ice cream truck...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the arcade version of 10 yard fight. Bought the arcade machine for 50 buck and it had 56 dollars worth of quarters inside it but I got greedy and sold it on ebay. wish i had it back.
    my largest collections:
    NES - 631 games
    GENESIS - 131 games
    ATARI 2600- 120 games

my smallest collections: :P
    COLECOVISION - 4 games
    SATURN - 2 games
    3DO - 1 game

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ground Zero Texas is a panned game that I like. The game changes each time you play, which increases the replay value to a shallow genre.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really, really liked the SNES version of Jurassic Park. Most of my friends hated it and most of the review were bad and everyone I know prefers Blue Sky's version on the Genesis, (and I am a Sega fan), but IMO this game is/was excellent.

-note: I have not played it since its release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym
    Bubsy and Aero the Acro-Bat for the SNES. It seems like a lot of people don't like these games but love them. The sequels did suck though as a few people have said. Super Pitfall on the NES is another one.

Aero the Acrobat is actually a very good game. I don't think it can really be considered crap. Anybody that is really into mascot type games, would probably very much enjoy Aero if they gave the game a decent chance. As for Bubsy, ok, I think Bubsy could qualify as somewhat craptastic.

Regarding Aero, I remember an issue of Die Hard GameFan that featured Aero on the cover, and they had a huge 5 page spread on Aero, with Halverson basically hyping it up to the 10th degree. Of course, Halverson is well known for falling madly in love with certain games and blowing them out of proportion. Still, Aero is a fine game, especially for somebody like me that has a soft spot for run and jump type games.
    I like Aero as well but the game is hard. There are a few stages that if you don't know what you're doing, you can lose a lot of lives - Roller Coaster Rampage, Rotor Ride, Barrel Roll Bonanza, one of the museum stages, and the last stage, Edgar Ektor. The game has a lot of secret 1-ups though. If you finished the game before and with some luck you can get around 50 lives by the time you reach the last stage but you will likely lose about 10 or so trying to finish that stage.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Dane
    Deadly Towers 8-)

This is considered one of the worst games ever made for the NES, but I personally think it is a spectacular game. The story is very detailed and original, especially for it's time, the music is very captivating, the weapons and special items are interesting, the level design is unique and challenging to get through. I admit that the game is VERY VERY hard, but it is also very fun.
    The real worst NES game is X-Men. There are more cases of slowdown and flicker than I have ever seen. The graphics are terrible for an NES game (Only slightly better than Atari VCS games). The sounds give me a headache and the music is annoying. The controls are unresponsive and the gameplay makes no sense at all. It is worse than a sword that makes it look like he is urinating (A reference to Deadly Towers). Super Pitfall is lame too. Super Pitfall is the second worst because of how bad it is compared to the Atari VCS games. At least the control is somewhat responsive. Super Pitfall was not even made by Activision (FCI/Pony Canon) made it. The NES is my favorite system of all time, but it is far from a perfect system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Yashiro
    SPRUNG. Oh God the game is hilarious. And you can get it for like 8 bucks now.
    I really liked Sprung, ok, it did get down to a lot of trial and error but it was good fun and pretty funny.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tiny Toons: Buster Busts Loose for the SNES. Someone left this at my house back in The Day, and it's been a guilty pleasure ever since. I still pop it in every few months. Not sure what it is...but I enjoy it.

Also, there are folks here and there who sing its praises, but Keith Courage in Alpha Zones seems pretty widely disliked. I love it, though. It, Bonk's Adventure, Splatterhouse and Neutopia are the only TG16 games I keep in constant rotation.