Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: complete nes collection

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default complete nes collection

does anyone here a complete nes collection. by complete im meaning all the store released games. complete meaning box,instructions,cart.. iF you do how long did it take you to complete the collection and what was the hardest games to obtain. I ve got all the games but 2 and need 40 more instruction manuals and about 200 boxes. by the way I want to thank 8bitnes for helping me out with boxes hes a real good guy to deal with. Out of all the games im finding Conan and best of the best karate the hardest for me to find.also how many people have a complete loose collection,

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a complete NES collection, but I don't have all of the boxes...probably around 100 or so common boxes needed..but since I completed NES such a long time ago, I wanted to get the other systems out of the way....I'll pick up and occasional box here and there, but it was never a necessity to obtain all of the NES boxes for me...

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need like 160 more games, but over 500 of my games are now CIB. At this point I am really taking my time and just looking for CIB stuff now. I have boxes and manuals for about another 50 - 70 games though that I just need the game for

Conan is a tough find by the way.

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a complete collection except for the Myriad 6 in 1. I have every licensed and unlicensed game, including a full Sachen set as well. Still missing 2 test carts though.

Most of mine are loose, but I have around 200-250 CIB games.
    ~~NGD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

I have about 70 NES loose carts. Thats probably all i will ever have, I am only interested in getting games that I liked when i was younger.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, if we are talking about extras including "test carts", I have all of them, including U Force and ROb, where only one ROB cart is known to exist, all of the unlicensed games, all of the licensed games, a complete Sachen set of 72 pin games including Huge Insect, all of the European and Australian exclusives, most of the peripherals ever released for the system including the Hands Free Controller, and 300+ NES prototype cartridges....

I thought we were just talking about store bought/production games !

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is more than 1 ROB test cart. I have seen 2 others for sure not counting the one you have. I could have bought one for $350 once, but I didn't want to pay that much for it. I still need to track down a Duck Hunt test cart also.

I really need to start getting the PAL exclusive games soon
    ~~NGD

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I need about 100 more manuals and 275 more boxes. I have all the rare stuff out of the way... the only thing that will cost me money are a Bubble Bobble 2 box and manual. And a full cart set, of course.

I would have them all, but I got DreamTR disease and did Genesis. Only need about 200 more manuals for that, but I have every cart and box.

The woman and I are probably going to focus on 32x, SMS, N64, NES boxes, NES manuals, and Genesis manuals, as far as our collecting goes.

The hardest things to find will be a Stadium Events manual and box. Do not pass them up! I didn't, and my copy is complete.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by nationgamesdepot
    There is more than 1 ROB test cart. I have seen 2 others for sure not counting the one you have. I could have bought one for $350 once, but I didn't want to pay that much for it. I still need to track down a Duck Hunt test cart also.
    Explain. Seen or have people said they've had one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dream TR I would love to see your Room of Doom. It seems like you have one of the largest collections here on DP.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Explain. Seen or have people said they've had one?
    I have seen one of them for sure, and it had a time/date stamp on the pic from were the guy took the pic for me that day. The other one was from an old repair center, so I really doubt they would lie about having one, they would have no reason to.
    ~~NGD

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nationalgamesdepot: The ROB Test cart is not your normal looking cart with normal looking label. I have never seen another one period, and I think everyone here follows eBay enough to look for something like that quite a bit. From what I understand, these are the "real" test carts:

Port Test
    NTF2 TEST (there are other versions of this with the same functions)
    NTF2 TEST ROB/ZAPPER/AC
    Power Pad Test
    Joystick Test

(I might be forgetting about one of them)

and non first party would be the UFORCE DEMONSTRATION CART.

Zelda and Duck Hunt are not "test" carts. They are just carts with different labels and no EPROMS, so I would not even consider them in the same category. It's as simple as removing a label, and they do nothing to test the functionality of the system. Nintendo sent out Mario 64 to some service centers with the words "test" emblazoned on the sides, but it's not like it really means much.

I understand the carts are yellow, but at this point, it's just a variation and not really special in any way except for the color of the cart. Like I have said many times before, If I peel my nice Duck Hunt sticker, and put it on a Test Cart, and take out the inners of the test cart, what do I have? Two nice rare things? Not really worth the time and effort for something that isn't really much of anything.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Joker T" It's more like an "apartment" of doom. I have a little over 10,000 different games. THis does not count anything I have for my eBay auctions and trade box which usually ranges from 50-200 items at any one time, and it always changing...My place is basically bookshelves with items double and triple backed inside to conserve space in a one bedroom apartment. It looks imposing when you see it, but you do not realize the magnitude of it all until you dig back through each shelf. I definitely do not have any doubles of games from that 10,000 list...I have been pretty thorough through eash system to make sure I get rid of my extras; )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At one time, I had 769 complete (cart, box, manual, maps, 3D glasses, whatever). The only incomplete was Stadium Events. The only games missing were the Panesians and Sachens (and there's debate about them being US releases).

Obviously, Stadium Events was the toughest to complete, as I never did it. Others that were tough: boxes for Little Samson and Flintstones II. Got lucky finding Myriad 6-in-1 early in my collecting days. Also got lucky finding Caltron, King Neptune, and Menace Beach.

Jeff D

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jeff D, why did you get rid of all of that stuff anyway?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DreamTR
    The pic that the one guy sent me was a yellow ROB/Zapper that looked like every other test cart. I will see if I have the pic, but I don't think I keep it, I will double check to make certain though.

The test carts that I know of are as follows:

Control Deck Test Cart v1.0
    Control Deck Test Cart v1.1
    Duck Hunt Test Cart
    Joystick Test Cart
    NTF2 Test Cart v1.0 (gray)
    NTF2 Test Cart v1.1 (gray)
    NTF2 System Test Cart
    Port Test Cart
    Power Pad Test Cart
    Zapper / ROB Test
    Zelda Test Cart

From what I have been told, the zelda and duck hunt have some built in code that tests the graphics of the nes system, and and error message pops up if there is a problem. I have had 2 different people from repair centers that told me this. I can just post what I have been told, but the repair center employees wouldn't have a a reason to make it up.

~~NGD

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you post a pic of your Rob/zapper DreamTR, I am curious to see what yours looks like?
    ~~NGD

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't post any pics on the forums....it's been featured at CGE....

Of the test carts you mentioned:

These two are basically the same yellow cart:

Control Deck Test Cart v1.0
    Control Deck Test Cart v1.1

Joystick Test Cart

These three are basically the same cart:
    NTF2 Test Cart v1.0 (gray)
    NTF2 Test Cart v1.1 (gray)
    NTF2 System Test Cart

Port Test Cart
    Power Pad Test Cart

Zapper/ROB is inside a specific NTF2 Test Cart with normal label. There has not been a yellow one identified for Zapper/ROB. It is the same type of test as doen from the testing station I believe, but the one known to exist is GRAY, and not yellow.

AS for the Duck Hunt/Zelda fiasco, I am sure that ANY game you put in might become garbled, but so far, if the game has ROMS, and not EPROMS, I doubt it would be possible for them to have mass produced those two games specifically for that practice.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhd7
    At one time, I had 769 complete (cart, box, manual, maps, 3D glasses, whatever). The only incomplete was Stadium Events. The only games missing were the Panesians and Sachens (and there's debate about them being US releases).

Obviously, Stadium Events was the toughest to complete, as I never did it. Others that were tough: boxes for Little Samson and Flintstones II. Got lucky finding Myriad 6-in-1 early in my collecting days. Also got lucky finding Caltron, King Neptune, and Menace Beach.

Jeff D
    you did have quite a collection which a few are now part of mine I just wish I would of kept track of your auctions I missed some ones I needed. does anyone have a stadium events box.

In my mind I have to go with a complete collection as the store released games because If you want to include every test cart,competion cart,homebrew , the 100 in 0nes,etc etc I dont belive anyone could have a complete collection. Im sure there are people out there that have never come to forums like this one that may have something no one has ever seen.

I think just obtaining a complete collection in any system is a real accomplishment.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wrldstrman
    Quote Originally Posted by jhd7

Jeff D
    you did have quite a collection which a few are now part of mine I just wish I would of kept track of your auctions I missed some ones I needed. does anyone have a stadium events box.

In my mind I have to go with a complete collection as the store released games because If you want to include every test cart,competion cart,homebrew , the 100 in 0nes,etc etc I dont belive anyone could have a complete collection. Im sure there are people out there that have never come to forums like this one that may have something no one has ever seen.

I think just obtaining a complete collection in any system is a real accomplishment.
    Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more.. I like the "sold in stores" definition also.

I'm only 2/3 of the way, but they are all factory sealed with actually a pretty decent # of the nice rare ones out of the way. But dear god the progress is slow. Looking at the games left to find list is depressing