Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Well, I just got done with the game....all 60 levels beaten under par. I have 10 of 12 achievements....just need to get about 900 more gems in multiplayer and 15 more eggs......pretty soon....I think my overall single player rank is like 290 or something like that....

Edit.....make that 8 more eggs....
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

^^ NOTE: My predecessor, really likes playing with balls. ^^

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I've been playing for a few days, have completed most of the levels (many under par), and have found 4 eggs (haven't read up on any locations yet). Some of these are vastly frustrating (my best time on that castle level is over 17 minutes...), but still, I'm enjoying it greatly.

Here's the question, though. I look at the leaderboard sometimes and it makes me absolutely sick to see some people completing levels in like two seconds when I can barely break a few minutes at best. Are these people REALLY getting those times or is there some kind of way to manipulate the game a bit? I'm guessing that it's all about finding the hour glasses at the right time, doing crazy things, etc? Some of these people must not have day jobs!
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some times are insane, but im sure there are secrets everywhere we dont know about. I have about 5 levels to go on the hardest skill to get under par. Anyone have any tips for the last level?

Otherwise I have all the eggs and everything else. Its just practice really. I did the half pipe level this morning in 18 secs and I thought under 30 was impossible. Before that I had about 5 mins.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by ClubNinja
    Here's the question, though. I look at the leaderboard sometimes and it makes me absolutely sick to see some people completing levels in like two seconds when I can barely break a few minutes at best. Are these people REALLY getting those times or is there some kind of way to manipulate the game a bit? I'm guessing that it's all about finding the hour glasses at the right time, doing crazy things, etc? Some of these people must not have day jobs!
    Sometimes it's just a matter of collecting all the hourglasses, but most levels do indeed have a trick or variety of short cuts. Basically I'm playing discover the secrets. For example, in beginner the Gravity Helix. Best time is something like 6 seconds. Skipping the ice and mountains you can throw yourself at the glass wall, hop over, and roll right into the finishing beam.

Good clues of course involve looking at the best times, and keeping an eye out for tools that don't appear useful in the level. Stray super jumps and super speeds. Those sorts of things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DONE 200/200!

When you play the levels more and more you develop your own little thing to help you do it faster.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, I started playing this one on Live yesterday. I'm curious if anyone here plays it often or enjoys it? I really like the concept, but really dislike one thing about most of the maps: the way the gems spawn. They all spawn in a cluster in one location, everyone races over to scoop them up, then a bunch spawn in another cluster someplace else, and everyone races over there. It seems that more of the skill is being the first to the cluster, not actually finding gems randomly spawning around the map. I would much prefer it that way.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by ClubNinja
    So, I started playing this one on Live yesterday. I'm curious if anyone here plays it often or enjoys it? I really like the concept, but really dislike one thing about most of the maps: the way the gems spawn. They all spawn in a cluster in one location, everyone races over to scoop them up, then a bunch spawn in another cluster someplace else, and everyone races over there. It seems that more of the skill is being the first to the cluster, not actually finding gems randomly spawning around the map. I would much prefer it that way.

yea, i only played multiplayer on live long enough to get my 200/200 achievement points....the live 2000 points was the last achievement i needed....

the single player is amazing, but multi could have been better .... and i would have like a local multi on the same console....
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Well, I've been playing this for the last 2 days, excellent little game. Got about 8 levels left to go, but I'm going for the eggs first :P

In regards to level 28.. yeah that level was kind of a pain. eventually got it after about 10 minutes with 39.38

Definitely worth the 6 bucks this game cost _me_