Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Lite RELEASED!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, Tek, I've just got both our wires crossed for... er... both of us. Sorry! That comment you quoted, was indeed sarcasm. Just felt like throwing it in there... see if anyone enlarged their font to read it, which you did - because you are a 'THATinkjar fanboy'!

Anyway. I PM'd you to apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick.

I am a Nintendo fanboy, though. I am now, anyway. I'm slowly collecting DS - the saviour of gaming for me. And the Revolution seems to be all about fun, and I can't wait. Nintendo are really on the right track at the moment, and I'm just pleased to be apart of it.

Gushing, I know.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well in spirit of staying on topic, I found this DS lite manual

I hate spaced out release dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie_says_relax
    With all the recent "Imagine" series (which are pretty much VERY sexist representations of what "young girls" should "enjoy" doing - Imagine Cooking, Imagine Fashion, Imagine Babiez) I was thinking that they should just combine them all into one title. It would be much more fun ...
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...kingBabies.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teknik_SE-R
    Edit: jp power is 50Hz where US is 60Hz. that is where you may experience problems, although a DC converter should inherently be unbiased due to the rectifier. My effect longevity of the unit... this is getting over my head. I forgot most of my EE classes. I'll stop talking now
    Huh? Japan is not 60Hz as far as I know. Its the UK and possibly the rest of Europe which is 50Hz. Japan is 60 as well as America. This is why a lot of people over here always complain (or used to more) about the games we get given. Unoptimised code left games running 17% slower. Thats when the Dreamcast came along with most games having a nice 50/60Hz selector switch so you can run games properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh and as for power cords, for the DS/GBA you can get 3rd party ones such as this one which are multivolt adaptors. You can input 100-240V 50/60Hz and it outputs at the correct voltage/current for the GBA/DS. All you need for different territories is a standard adaptor to change from eg/Japanese to USA plug socket types. These work, I've charged my DS in both America and in England. So, I'm guessing that similar cables will be released for the DS Lite (a quick look on lik-sang showed that you can get them for the GBMicro as well)
    [/url]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, im just going on instict here, but I am pretty sure this would work for all of your converting needs.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julio III
    Huh? Japan is not 60Hz as far as I know. Its the UK and possibly the rest of Europe which is 50Hz.
    yeah, you are right, I don't know about plug types though

check this out http://maru-chang.com/hard/ntr/english.htm
    it says the US/JP SP/DS charger is the same model number...does that mean they are the same part between jp and us? I gotta check my SP2 charger for its model number when i get home now.
    With all the recent "Imagine" series (which are pretty much VERY sexist representations of what "young girls" should "enjoy" doing - Imagine Cooking, Imagine Fashion, Imagine Babiez) I was thinking that they should just combine them all into one title. It would be much more fun ...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by comrade
    Ok, im just going on instict here, but I am pretty sure this would work for all of your converting needs.
    That will work for the UK, not US or the rest of the EU

Good find none the less (if you need it).

All you need is a DS charger for whatever country you reside. The output is the same on every DS charger and the input for the DS console would be the same aswell. If you are desperate MAKE a charger by snipping and splicing the DS input to an adapter of the same specifications and with your countries voltage. Wouldn't bother me doing that. What would I do with a Jap charger anyway, other than swing it about as a weapon against people who don't understand voltages.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

another interesting point is at the bottom of this

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza
    All you need is a DS charger for whatever country you reside. The output is the same on every DS charger and the input for the DS console would be the same aswell. If you are desperate MAKE a charger by snipping and splicing the DS input to an adapter of the same specifications and with your countries voltage. Wouldn't bother me doing that. What would I do with a Jap charger anyway, other than swing it about as a weapon against people who don't understand voltages.
    good point, sometimes the most obvious thing is the the hardest to see . Ive made plenty of home made dc converters, why not for this one too? unless you are saying use a DS1 charger for a DSlite. that won't work, unless you do wome solering and heat shrinking.

...hmm perhaps importing isn't such a bad idea...

any other incompatabilities anyone can think of? perhaps WiFi frequencies are different?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nah, you're cool with the whole Wi Fi thing.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok ok ok

last link. this one is clear on the whole plug thing...
    Thanks comrade (I sound like my friend from US^-1)
    import away my fellow dp friends!!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And import we shall.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

as you all may know, the navy blue and ice blue DS lites were having manufacturing difficulties and therefore shortages. WELL, it turns out the shortage was worse than projected...

my wife was trying to surprise me with a JP navy blue DS lite, but then Got an email saying supply was low, and prices were increasing to $199 so I had to decide whether or not to accept the price increase (of course I did) No indication of when I will get it now. they estimated they will receive shipments to fill all preorders on the colored DSs from 1 to 4 weeks...so that means a 2 to 6 week wait for me.

Oh well

here is the email. in it there are some links to news on the shortage:
    Dear Riki Rushton,

This email contains important information about your Nintendo DS Lite preorder. Please reply so that we know how to process your order.

Nintendo DS Lite was formally launched in Japan today. While Nintendo published an annoucement on their Japanese web site overnight to apologize for the shortage, Japanese gamers were lining up already early in the morning to grab what was made available in Japanese retail stores.

Nintendo DS Lite Price Correction
    ---------------------------------

If you have been following videogame news in recent days, you will have realized by now that the demand for the Nintendo DS Lite is larger than what Nintendo can produce. After declaring production problems with the Enamel Navy and Ice Blue editions last week, Nintendo today published an announcement on their web site where they apologize for the shortage. Please read the following news for more information:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3812

Due to the huge shortage, any shop with Nintendo DS Lite systems in Japan can sell their complete stock within 23 milliseconds for a premium price. Most shops don't even have any systems. These very same shops in Japan also know that one quadrillion import gamers want their system at launch date (everyone does!), and that they can earn much more by taking a bit of risk and by shipping their units out of the country. This, coupled with the pricey services that the courier companies and middlemen offer for getting the units out of the country, results into a higher price than originally hoped for. We believe that this situation will continue throughout the month and until April.

Please reply to this email and let us know if we can apply the new price of US$ 199.90 to your order. To compensate at least a little bit for the higher price, we will include a $10 Lik Sang Cash Coupon into your parcel.

When Will Your Order Ship:
    --------------------------

We can currently not answer that question accurately, but you should prepare yourself for a waiting period of several weeks. The shipping date of your console heavily depends on Nintendo's production schedule and we will keep everyone informed through updates on our web site. Again, please read the following article with more accurate details on the shortage and when orders can be shipped:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3812

Please especially note that even with the higher price of US$ 199.90, it may still take weeks until enough stock is available and your order can be shipped.

If You Want To Wait For A Lower Price:
    --------------------------------------

We understand that you may be disappointed about the new price. Lik Sang would love nothing more than to ship all orders on release day, but unfortunately we are not in the position to do so. The price will definitely drop down, but to what level and how long it will take for that moment to arrive depends on Nintendo's production quantities and if the huge demand can be covered in a short time.

We will inform you of any price drops by email and you can then decide if you want your order to get shipped.

Should you decide to wait, we will definitely keep your preorder spot. We will also fully accept if you should decide to cancel. If you at any time decide to jump back on the bandwagon afterwards, we will put your order back into its original position in the waiting queue.

Please Reply With Your Decision
    -------------------------------

To make a long story short, please simply reply with one of the following options:

(a) Apply the new price to your order and ship it once enough stock arrives.

(b) Keep your order and inform you of any price drops in the near future.

Should you decide to cancel your order, please feel free to do so fully automatically in your My Account section on the web site. Alternatively, you can also drop us a short note via reply to this email.

With best regards,

Your Lik-Sang Team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Quote Originally Posted by Teknik_SE-R
    ok ok ok

last link. this one is clear on the whole plug thing...
    Thanks comrade (I sound like my friend from US^-1)
    import away my fellow dp friends!!!
    Wow, kinda OT here, but that link was quite the informative peice of work *bookmarked* (why, I dunno...)

PSN: SouthRox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Blow By Blow ....

Somebody's in Japan right now standin' on line ta get one & reporting what's goin' on every half hour or so.

Click here ta read it > "Nintendo DS Lite" Japan Purchase UpDates"

Later!
    CLICK > "paisleyATOM" -- Your Source For 68000 Apple Computer Entertainment

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the delay email today in class. My crystal ball is telling me that this wait will be far longer than Lik-sang predicts.

-On a side note-

I am lookng fucking hardcore for the 'cancel my order' button in the My Account section of Lik-sang and I am coming up with zilch. Could someone point me in the right direction for this?

Oh yeah, if I cancel, I get my money back, right?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by petewhitley
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmtz
    Nintendo is about to sell 13 million more. I'm pretty sure anyone who has one will go out and buy the new one, unless they're poor. I'll have one the first day of launch in the U.S.
    You're high. 2nd system buys will be relatively insignificant, as they always are with a redesign.
    What was that again?

All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks pretty cool. I will have to check that out. I most likely won't get one because I already have a DS but still it would be something cool to look at.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I WANT ONE AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!

I feel like a crying brat in a toy shop.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hear ya. I just got three DS games for my Bday, and I have no ds to play it on!