Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

So the lite stylus is actually bigger?

I might have to buy one of those bad boys. Any word on the price? Same as the current price or more?

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice pics THATinkjar.

God those screens are vibrant, Mario Kart looks like a whole new game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

The rumors are that it will hit the US mid to late May and will be the same price as the current DS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the screens on these things. Even though I just bought the Nintendogs Bundle DS I think I may get one of these when they hit $100 or less (since the Teal DS is dominated my by girlfriend anyway), though I'll definately get a white one to match my Mac

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by studvicious
    The rumors are that it will hit the US mid to late May and will be the same price as the current DS.
    I'd be willing to bet on $150, $20 more than the current MSRP for the DS.

1. Nintendo likes money.
    2. It costs more than the regular DS in Japan.
    3. It's 50% cooler than the Game Boy Micro.
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    My navy Lite arrived this morning. I had a quick play at lunch. I could not be more impressed if I tried. This is everything I hoped it would be!

Besides the screens (which REALLY make an impact), the overall redesign, feel and compactness of the unit really stands out. And damn, this thing is shiny - and not PSP fingerprint-loving shiny, either.

I'll field any questions you may have
    Thanks for PMing me! GOSH!

looks good man (just like mine!). I must agree with everything that THATinkjar said, although I don't have any basis for comparison except for the few times I have played a regular DS at kiosks. The unit works superbly, although I prefer playing my GBA games on my micro.

still haven't had time to play many of my games yet though. I got alot of stuff in my life to wrap up right now. I'm kinda addicted to minish cap right now too, which has prevented me from playing much of any other game.

I don't think I could accept anything less than the Lite now. I'm spoiled.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie_says_relax
    With all the recent "Imagine" series (which are pretty much VERY sexist representations of what "young girls" should "enjoy" doing - Imagine Cooking, Imagine Fashion, Imagine Babiez) I was thinking that they should just combine them all into one title. It would be much more fun ...
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...kingBabies.jpg

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AMN are reporting that Nintendo will announce on Thursday a release date, range of colours and price point for the DS Lite in America.

The news you have all been waiting for

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    AMN are reporting that Nintendo will announce on Thursday a release date, range of colours and price point for the DS Lite in America.

The news you have all been waiting for
    I'm crossing my fingers for this one. I was completely fucked out of my pre-ordered DS Lite a few months ago, and have been drooling over the pictures ever since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My god I hope we get the date tomorrow!

Even if not, I can wait for Tuesday. (It IS Tuesday, right?)

I am hoping for a simultaneous New Super Mario / DS Lite release. If they bundle it, I will buy the bundle. If not, I will buy the game and get the Late liter... I mean Lite later. (Though I will drool on the box for days waiting.)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I am going to say $149.99 for the DS Lite, and $179.99 for a DS/NSMB bundle, if they have one.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    I am going to say $149.99 for the DS Lite, and $179.99 for a DS/NSMB bundle, if they have one.

Chris
    I agree that wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the prices

we will see though

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I gotta disagree with the bundle price... don't you think there would be some sort of discount if you bought the game and system in a combo?

anyway... good news. now I will have the chance to buy my wifee a lite... I love mine, although it gets neglected some.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie_says_relax
    With all the recent "Imagine" series (which are pretty much VERY sexist representations of what "young girls" should "enjoy" doing - Imagine Cooking, Imagine Fashion, Imagine Babiez) I was thinking that they should just combine them all into one title. It would be much more fun ...
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...kingBabies.jpg

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The news we have all been waiting for dropped today!

Nintendo announced today that the DS Lite will launch on June 11, for a retail price of $129.99. Sadly, the colors weren't announced today. I guess it's pearly white for the ones who waited.

I gotta admit, the price took me by suprise. I was thinking that we would see atleast a $150.00 package.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What was the launch price of the original DS in the States?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe $180.00. I might be wrong though. Maybe it was $150.00?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

REDMOND, Wash., May 4, 2006 - Millions of people around the world already enjoy playing Nintendo DS™, and the system’s future looks even brighter. On June 11, Nintendo DS™ Lite joins Nintendo’s video game family when it launches in the Americas. The lighter, brighter version of the hot-selling Nintendo DS is expected to be priced as low as $129.99 at retailers throughout the United States. The inaugural color is an elegant Polar White with a raised DS logo on the cover.

Nintendo DS Lite arrives just in time for players to pop in the latest version of one of the most storied franchises in video game history. New Super Mario Bros.®, launching May 15, updates classic Mushroom Kingdom action with new features and fun.

“DS Lite and New Super Mario Bros. represent a double shot of gaming excellence,” says Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of sales & marketing. “We’ve got something for both lovers of beautiful, new gadgets and fans of old-school gaming.”

Nintendo DS Lite comes with a variety of distinctive changes that set it apart from the original - and from all other hand-held video game systems:

* It’s less than two-thirds the size of the original Nintendo DS and more than 20 percent lighter.
    * Its two bright screens can be adjusted to four levels to adapt to different lighting conditions and to extend battery power.
    * The microphone sits in the center of the unit, and the LED lights are clearly visible whether the unit is open or closed.
    * The stylus is 1 centimeter longer and 1 millimeter thicker than the stylus of the original, and slides into a side storage slot.
    * The Start and Select buttons were repositioned for easier access.
    * A removable cover keeps the Game Boy® Advance cartridge slot clear from dust and debris when it’s not in use.

New Super Mario Bros. is just one of the many Nintendo DS games that look great on Nintendo DS Lite. Players set off on a side-scrolling platform adventure bursting with the style and superb game play that got many people hooked on video games in the first place. The Mushroom Kingdom is populated with friends and foes, both new and old, and tons of power-ups, including mushrooms that make Mario mega- and micro-sized. The Super Mario franchise has sold more than 184 million games worldwide, which makes it one of the top-selling video game franchises of all time.

Ever since its November 2004 launch, the original Nintendo DS has helped to redefine perceptions of what constitutes a video game. Many systems have been sold to people who are discovering video games for the first time. Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection, Nintendo’s wireless gaming service, has seen more than 1 million connections worldwide. Thousands of people every day log on to battle one another in Metroid® Prime Hunters or see who has all their Tetriminos (falling blocks) in a row in Tetris® DS.

Nintendo DS continues to broaden the market for video games. Nintendo DS has software that appeals to older gamers, hard-core gamers and even lapsed gamers. Brain Age™: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day went on sale in the United States on April 17 after encountering massive success in Japan. Nintendo will continue that momentum by introducing two upcoming titles that require more brain power than firepower. On June 5, Big Brain Academy™ arrives to challenge users with a variety of mental tests designed to evaluate various skills. Then on June 26, Sudoku Gridmaster will keep number crunchers busy with more than 400 sudoku puzzles, each one sanctioned by the original creators of sudoku.

The worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. Since 1983, Nintendo has sold more than 2 billion video games and more than 360 million hardware units globally, and has created industry icons like Mario™, Donkey Kong®, Metroid®, Zelda™ and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company’s Web site at www.nintendo.com.

Nintendo Press Release email

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Vectors, pixels & polygons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My rep came in today. She didn't know anything yet but did mention this press release. Nice to see a final date. But damn. June 11th?

Guess I won't be getting any bundle this time. NEW SMB will be bought day one DS Lite or no DS Lite. Even if "N" announces a bundle on the 9th.

So I'm actually hoping for no bundle. Because I don't want to be tempted. Because of course, even if I own NSMB, I can't guarantee I won't buy a bundle too.

She said she'll be back in next month to switch out our DS Kiosk with the Lite. All the stuff she was telling me I was like "I know. I'm pretty well up on my Nintendo knowledge". Can't wait!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Its about damn time we heard something about this. Can't wait for it to come out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

I'm glad to see that my $130 prediction was right. And my checking account is glad too. I can't wait till next month!