Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle
    I got mine today. I haven't even turned it on yet and I'm disappointed. First, there's no Nintendo oval. I'm a big Nintendo fan, and enjoy their emblem. Second, the charger is a different plug type than the DS, forcing me to unravel and keep track of yet another charger.

However, it is neat that it is ocvered in a clear plastic clamshell, making it look like the same high-gloss finish as the PSP. Oh well. I had ot purchase this at sometime anyways.
    Umm... turn it on?
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Anyone experience a dead pixel issue in their DS Lite? We had someone exchange theirs today due to a dead pizel in the Lite they bought yesterday.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meancode
    I got mine today. I haven't even turned it on yet and I'm disappointed. First, there's no Nintendo oval. I'm a big Nintendo fan, and enjoy their emblem. Second, the charger is a different plug type than the DS, forcing me to unravel and keep track of yet another charger.

However, it is neat that it is ocvered in a clear plastic clamshell, making it look like the same high-gloss finish as the PSP. Oh well. I had ot purchase this at sometime anyways.
    Umm... turn it on?
    Also, turn it over. Your precious oval is down there.

Seriously, once you turn it on, you will NEVER return it.

Also, I know what you mean about the charger. The original DS and the GBA used the same charger. Then the GBmicro had a new one. Now the Lite has another one. Why not at least use the micro version.

I do like the gold color though, but it would have made more sense to make the charger white.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    The good thing is, my real DS box was unharmed during the opening process.
    That is a great point! Sometimes, when I open these type of packs, I actually end up damaging what is inside! They are so awkward to hold, I end up damaging any box inside. And while I've never done it... I've bought cables (most recently for my Xbox 360) which are inside these blister packs... and it would have been pretty easy to catch the cable with the knife or the scissors.

Worst. Invention. Ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meancode

Umm... turn it on?
    Well, I finally did. The picture quality seems better since the colors are more defined by the brighter screen. This was especially noticeable with New Super Mario Bros. The fact that the GBA carts stick out reminds me of playing NES carts on a pocket fami. The sound volume seems fine to me, although it is a little quieter at maximum volume level. The only time I ever crank the volume is when I have headphones on anyways. I do like that the e-reader fits now, and I get to shelf my DS to ensure it doesn't get scratched up. I've had my DS since launch, and have not had a scratch on it. However, the protective cover on the back sticker was starting to peel off, and now I don't have to worry about it coming off completely.

All in all, it's a decent system. I just have a hard time adjusting to change. Anyone that has not purchased a DS yet should really consider getting the DS Lite.

In a slightly unrelated comment, does anyone know if Toys R Us will release a specal color or packaged DS for Christmas? I missed the Shrek GBA, and am not going to miss the chance to get this year's special.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I do like the gold color though, but it would have made more sense to make the charger white.
    gold? my charger's grey.

what gives?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im still pondering over if I should buy a lite or not. I already bought a gameboy micro, and I must admit it was a very good purchase, because the thing is so damn cool (and clear), but I already own a DS, and am still deciding if $145 (tax people, come on) is worth it for a severely brighter screen, and a lighter design. Sure the damn thing lokks awsome, but is it really REALLY worth the price? to some where money is not an issue im sure you will say buy it, but for someone like me who only gets by right now based on ebay auctions, am still undecided.

So, is it REALLY worth it?

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3
    I think so.

I plan on buying my second one next week (my third DS in all)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eggwolio
    gold? my charger's grey.

what gives?
    My mistake. At first glance it looked goldish. But it is indeed grey but a shiny grey. Rusty grey.

No, I lied. Mine's made of solid gold. :P And the DS itself is white chocolate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Im still pondering over if I should buy a lite or not. I already bought a gameboy micro, and I must admit it was a very good purchase, because the thing is so damn cool (and clear), but I already own a DS, and am still deciding if $145 (tax people, come on) is worth it for a severely brighter screen, and a lighter design. Sure the damn thing lokks awsome, but is it really REALLY worth the price? to some where money is not an issue im sure you will say buy it, but for someone like me who only gets by right now based on ebay auctions, am still undecided.

I wish I could say yes, but my eyes, I am now blind thanks to those very bright screens. Its a really good thing I am such a good touch typist

HA HA. Yes it is so worth it! You will be playing all your games over again because the color is so much better. Castlevania DS is just amazing. True Swing Golf is another one that "pops" because the greens and yellows really look good on this unit.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

$15 for tax? Where do you live?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

yea, that is close to 12% sales tax!
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Never let the truth get in the way of a good exaggeration.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My mistake. At first glance it looked goldish. But it is indeed grey but a shiny grey. Rusty grey.
    Mine finally arrived today, and you know what? It does look a little gold. It's grey, but it's got that subtle hint of gold to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Got mine today, FINALLY!! I got it at Circuit City with the free Brian Age, and "Mario Bundle" deal. I also went to KMart and picked up Castlevania: DoS. Go me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a DS Lite on Monday and fell in love with it. The first unit I bought had a dead pixel in the touchscreen, so I took it back and exchanged it and the replacement unit is A+. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    Anyone experience a dead pixel issue in their DS Lite? We had someone exchange theirs today due to a dead pizel in the Lite they bought yesterday.
    Ugh, I did. Just got my new DS Lite today and as soon as I turned it on, I saw a gigantic stuck green pixel in the middle of the touch screen. x_x I *knew* I was going to get a system with at least one bum pixel. Oh well, at least I have the receipt so I can return it for another one tomorrow.

Then good thing is that I only paid $120 for it. Got mine from Target and had a $10 off coupon for any electronics item $100 and up.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got my second DS Lite (White) this morning. The Europe box packaging is quite different to Japan's. I just don't get why they change simple things like that.

Box is twice as big, as well. The mind boggles.

Anyway, I really like the white look. It feels so different to the Navy - I can't explain it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

So - do any of our Eurogamers have the black DS lites yet?

Lets see those pics people!!

I'm debating if I want to import one - my gf has been hogging mine. She even went and bought herself a copy of Nintendogs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    my gf has been hogging mine.
    I heard that. My girlfriend hogs my DS and plays Trauma Center non-stop. She's going to import an Ice Blue from Japan soon. (I can't wait) :P