Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *LOCK*

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just for the record, I don't know what you thought I was saying off topic about, but this topic in general has NOTHING to do with modern gaming, and belongs in the off topic forum, that's all I meant by saying off topic (like many other posters have said)

It's also NOT going to help your credit that much by buying tons of things and paying it off in the same month. Go to a website that TELLS you how to increase your credit. For example, having too many credit cards even all in good standing is a NEGATIVE thing.

There probably isn't anyone on this board capable of telling you how to increase your credit beyond the few basics, but plain and simple - using a credit card to buy "stuff" is not a good idea. Anyone over 25 can tell you that even if they HAVEN'T fallen into that pit before.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i agree with sylentwulf.you are taking about a credit card you just got and how it is going to ruin your credit,what does that have to do with modern gaming?

but since i like to stay on topic...i only use my card for bills and gas,and pay it off right away.everything else is either cash,or in the rare case,a check.
    chuck norris roundhouse kicked someone so hard his foot broke the speed of light,went back in time,and killed amelia earhart while she was over the pacific ocean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    Just for the record, I don't know what you thought I was saying off topic about, but this topic in general has NOTHING to do with modern gaming, and belongs in the off topic forum, that's all I meant by saying off topic (like many other posters have said)

It's also NOT going to help your credit that much by buying tons of things and paying it off in the same month. Go to a website that TELLS you how to increase your credit. For example, having too many credit cards even all in good standing is a NEGATIVE thing.

There probably isn't anyone on this board capable of telling you how to increase your credit beyond the few basics, but plain and simple - using a credit card to buy "stuff" is not a good idea. Anyone over 25 can tell you that even if they HAVEN'T fallen into that pit before.
    Seriously, get off your high horse. If you even read a few topics above you would have noticed that now I personally think this topic should have went elsewhere because of the current dicussion. But originaly it was meant for this section.

Strawberry (Level 2) Diatribal Deity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not true. Credit cards quite often extend and provide warranties and an additional layer of protection. Many offer points, miles, and discounts. Ever try and buy a >$2,000 TV or other appliance on your debit card (most have limits). Ever go on a trip out of the country only to have your bank turn off your debit card (even after letting them know you were going away---this was Bank of America by the way)...then realize its late Saturday and the bank won't open till Monday. This happened to a friend of mine and he was forced to sleep at a police station in Bahrain and then shack up with some friendly drunks from Ireland until it was turned back on. Shame on him for not having a credit card but more shame on a regional bank for leaving someone high and dry even after being notified that their may be some foreign activity.

Credit cards when used correctly are convenient and as mentioned great in cases of emergency.

I personally believe high schools and colleges should have courses catered to students emphasizing the pitfalls of credit cards, loans, and other forms of financing. So if this thread in anyway has helped the original poster despite its location so be it and consider them better informed.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

Default Re: So I sold my soul to Satan for a….

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero
    I got my first credit card this week. I figure since I’m 21, it’s time to start building my own credit. I already own a debit card, and I already know NEVER to buy something you know you can never pay back in a decent amount of time. That being said, what should I buy to start off building good credit. I made a small list of things I wanted…

Ipod
    PSP
    Xbox 360…… (nahhh)
    Neo Geo AES ( Yea still haven’t got one)
    DS mini

Comments?
    Ok, as someone who is currently in a deep credit hole, I offer this advice.

DO NOT DO IT!

You have no idea what is going to happen to you a few months from now. Next thing you know, your interest rate is raised, your maximum limit is lowered, and you can get screwed very easily.

If you want to build credit, get a loan and make all your payments on time.
    "Hail Xenu!!!" - Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

roffle @ the comment

Yeah I still don't have Metal Slug, or any Last Blade games, myself...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    roffle @ the comment

Yeah I still don't have Metal Slug
    Oh good so I'm not the only one.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah...I'd have to make a nice laundry list of stuff to trade for it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I forgot to ask, what kind of card is it?

The reason I ask is if you ahve the resources to pay off your card every month, Discover card is awesome. I personally can't do it, but my parents make around 1,000 to 1,500 a year in cash back bonus and never pay a penny in interest. If I dig myself out of debt in a year or two I'm going to do the same.

My parents just pay their bills and buy groceries all year long and get to buy xmas presents at the end of the year for everyone with the bonus they earned. xmas in my family is always good thanks to Discover.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo

The reason I ask is if you ahve the resources to pay off your card every month, Discover card is awesome. I personally can't do it, but my parents make around 1,000 to 1,500 a year in cash back bonus and never pay a penny in interest. If I dig myself out of debt in a year or two I'm going to do the same.

My parents just pay their bills and buy groceries all year long and get to buy xmas presents at the end of the year for everyone with the bonus they earned. xmas in my family is always good thanks to Discover.
    I got a student platnum visa, but now I want to get a discover

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol @ noobs with no self control and credit cards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by Xizer
    lol @ noobs with no self control and credit cards
    @ bigots who feel special for nothing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

last time I checked "n00bs" weren't a race

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The forum could solve the Xizer problem by allowing us to ignore users. But it appears the feature is turned off in the forum software somehow.

Thankfully its not turned off over at AtariAge.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Shouldn't this be in "Off-Topic"? What does a "What's the quickest way to ruin my credit?" thread have to do with modern gaming?

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo

I got a student platnum visa, but now I want to get a discover
    Don't be too excited, for those figures to work that I posted you have to spend A LOT of money. It just so happens my parents are well off and VERY careful with their spending and savings/investments. I should have paid closer attention to their example growing up.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so...where is a mod...

student cards are cool,thats what i have,but you have a pretty low limit so you can't fuck yourself.aka you won't be getting anything on your list.
    chuck norris roundhouse kicked someone so hard his foot broke the speed of light,went back in time,and killed amelia earhart while she was over the pacific ocean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just do what i did, when ever there was something my mom was going to buy that was around a couple of hundred bucks, she used my card, then paid me. i paid it off on time, and i earn credit. Ask your parents to help you build credit that way. i have a 260 balance on mine from me, but if i really wantd to i could take that out now. sometimes it helps to have a little credit out there.

Also don't let your limit go higher then what you can pay off in a month. If it does, stop using the card untill your balance is payed off. balieve me, i got a little too close one time, thank god for xmas money, or i would have no spending money.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    Shouldn't this be in "Off-Topic"? What does a "What's the quickest way to ruin my credit?" thread have to do with modern gaming?

Chris
    careful, 2 of us asked that already and he started flipping out.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba

Chris
    careful, 2 of us asked that already and he started flipping out.
    You seriously have a problem if you consider that flipping out. You jumped down my throat with your first post weither you want to admit it or not, when you could have simply answered the question. Notice your the only person who responded like that to it...