Thread: Buying V smile for my daughter, need advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Buying V smile for my daughter, need advice

I've been looking around here for feedback and opinions, not counting the single no kiddo opinions.
    She's enjoys it, played her cousin's machine, and maybe it will help her learn something. I'm hunting on ebay right now and watching a few for a better price than 50 bucks.

Easy questions....

Games good for a girl?
    and
    After she's through with it, any mods/hacks for it?

I am ashamed but looking to stretch my entertainment/educational dollar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got one for my nephew with 15 games

while he enjoys playing it he dosent always try to play it the right way - unless your there with him

like for example there is this carebears game where you have to catch the right baloons -- there is no penalty for catching the wrong baloons so he just catches everything and lets the computer decide when hes finished the level -- so i had a problem with that - its not forceing the player/student to do the right thing (not be lazy and pay attention)

some games are like that

i think there is a fair balance of games for girls on the system

for example i got him a girl game - cinderella i think just becasue it taught somthing music related

i think the games are interchangeable - unless you have a girl that absolutely refuses to play something with spiderman on the cover then you may have a problem there

i liked the system -- i looked at the others and i liked this one the best -- i felt the guys that designed the device had childeren of thier own and came up with a great controler that was easy to use and rember buttons

unfortunatly i cant paint you a total picture becasue my sister moved far away and i coudnt vist them on christmass time so i rely on my other sisters observations that is staying with her (and playes the games with my nephew) (becasue she is going to a university reletively close buy)

so all in all i liked the system when i purchased it and based on what my sister has told me - i wasnt too happy with the parts of the games that dont penalize you good enough in order to facilitate a greater amount of concentration.
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cool man,
    thanks!

no hacks for it, codes?
    lilke hot coffee?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh yea--- if you cascade 2 systems and have the cinderella game in one and the wiggles game in the other there is an accessible "date" game where you have to select the blue shirt guy to drive the car and you can pick up cinderella as she is running from the ball and at midnight when her dress changes it dosent revert back to her pauper clothes it just disintegrates and im sure you can imagine what happends next

yup you guessed it - spiderman comes and shoots his web making a bikini for her

no i havent heared of any hacks with it
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Someone is going to get stupid sooner or later and hack the thing.
    Heck, the hand cranked kid computer runs linux, hackers paradise.

Thanks man