Thread: SOTC Alternate Ending?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SOTC Alternate Ending?

I just finished SOTC and I have to say the final Colossus was quite anti-climactic. All of the Colossi leading up to the final battle took some intelligence to defeat, but the battle with the 16th Colossi was linear and annoying. The beginning of the battle where you have to dodge the fireballs he hurls at you was like a typical boss in any other video game. I thought that the final Colossi would be amazing and be very difficult to defeat, but it was quite easy to figure out, and if I must say STUPID. The whole thing of stabbing it in its hand then shooting it in the shoulder was DUMB!

However, it was still a great game except for the final battle. Does anyone know if there is anyway to get an alternate ending? Like can you defeat the masked man when you turn into a colossus or can you avoid being sucked into the portal thing?

Hey how do you play time attack mode?

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can do nothing to stop the final events. TO play time attack, load your completed save and go to the altars in the the temple and press "o" at them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 17th Colossi?

I was reading online and it appears that there is a 17th colossi on the top of the castle. To be able to reach it you must beat all of time attack in both normail and hard mode and beat the game on hard mode. So has anyone done this?

"17th Colossus:
    To unlock the 17th colossus, beat all 4 modes. Then, climb the outside of the temple to the secret garden. The 17th colossus will appear in a short cutscene like the other colossi, smashing the rear wall. After you fight him, the path to the very top of the temple will be opened, leding to a very "special" surprise."

I'm not sure if this is bogus but does anyone done it or heard anything about it?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lolz @ that

It's like 5000 hours to get to the 17th collossi.

/me passes on attempting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Bogus, yes. It would conflict with the entire story if it were true.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone know if it is true?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

Quote Originally Posted by danthemanuno
    Does anyone know if it is true?
    I hear you have to play FFVII and resurrect Aeris first, then import the save file in SotC.

So no.. it is not true.
    "Hail Xenu!!!" - Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: 17th Colossi?

Quote Originally Posted by danthemanuno
    I was reading online and it appears that there is a 17th colossi on the top of the castle. To be able to reach it you must beat all of time attack in both normail and hard mode and beat the game on hard mode. So has anyone done this?

"17th Colossus:
    To unlock the 17th colossus, beat all 4 modes. Then, climb the outside of the temple to the secret garden. The 17th colossus will appear in a short cutscene like the other colossi, smashing the rear wall. After you fight him, the path to the very top of the temple will be opened, leding to a very "special" surprise."

I'm not sure if this is bogus but does anyone done it or heard anything about it?
    Just a few weeks after the game was released in October, someone posted this rumor about a 17th Colossus. Many people since then have completed all 4 modes (present complany included), and the bottom line is there is no 17th colossus. One of the members of the Shadow of the COlossus development team (Viper99) has been posting on the playstation.com forums, answering various questions, and has also made it clear this rumor is false.

I think people hold out hope for some final mystery in Shadow of the Colossus because the Mace/Light Saber secret in Ico was so well hidden.

The European version of Shadow of the Colossus comes out Feb 17th, with art cards and packaging similar to the special edition Ico European release. It was that release that had the extra content (Mace. Light Saber. 2 player mode. Translation mode), so it is possible Sony might sneak in some additional secrets.

If you ask me, the Secret Garden is a pretty impressive easter egg by itself, and the 16 items gained in time trial mode and 2 Agro color variants also add some longevity to the title.

- Shawn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As much as I loved SOTC, I also was dissapointed with the 16th colossi. I found it anti-climactic as well, and overall a very dull and annoying battle. It reminded me more of climbing a wall than an actual boss battle.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

The things I liked about the final battle really was not the Colossus himself, since he was kinda.. dull... but the presentation of it. The darkened environment, the music, the feeling that the task is almost done. And then when you get on top of his head, you can see the 15 beams of light reaching for the sky. I got the impression that he knew I was coming, and almost dreaded my arrival.

Not my favorite battle by any means. My favorites were against the flying Colossi.
    "Hail Xenu!!!" - Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah both of the flying ones were really cool especially the one where you had to run aside it on your house to climb onto it.

That was SICK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When your character gets sucked into the portal you can actually time your jumps to override the wind. I've made my way all the way to the alter before getting to an invisible wall. I'm didn't try going down the stairs to the left, so who knows. Cool glitch though.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do I save my game after i defeat a colossus in time attack? Nothing comes up.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbiersdorf
    When your character gets sucked into the portal you can actually time your jumps to override the wind. I've made my way all the way to the alter before getting to an invisible wall. I'm didn't try going down the stairs to the left, so who knows. Cool glitch though.
    Invisible wall at the stairs too. Actually, the whole area has invisible walls. My friend was able to make it all the way to the alter where the dead chick is (actually she isn't there any more for some reason) he couldn't go down the stairs because of the invisible wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I too noticed that the girl wasn't there, they must have thought no one would be able to get there to see.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.