Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xbox and PS3 rumors

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would I pay $10 for a Dreamcast game for the 360 when I already own it for the Dreamcast itself? Yup.

I have Pitfall! on the Atari 2600. Seeing how I already own it, why would I also buy the same game for the Intellivision and Colecovision? Why? Because that is what game collectors do. So just because I already own Dreamcast games, does not mean I won't buy them for another system. Would I go out and buy every Dreamcast title for the 360, probably not, just the ones I really like. But, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't put much faith into Rumors.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

$10 dollars for a Dreamcast game! No thank you.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

I find it so very funny that there's an out cry against $10 for a DC game when there was such a strong showing of support for the $10 Marble Blast Ultra. Considering your looking at like 10+ hours of fun from a DC game and only maybe 3-4 for Marble blast, it doesn't really make sense to me to complain about $10 for a DC game.

Just a thought.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't want to get into the "is it worth it?" war about the Dreamcast games, but just a couple quick thoughts...

We have seen some ports of Dreamcast games already -- Wasn't both HydroThunder and Rush 2049 on Midway Arcade Vol. 3 (poorly done) ports of the Dreamcast games? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard that.

The other thing is that I can see *some* games coming to Xbox live, but not 50. If you eliminate the sports titles (licenses expired) and the titles that didn't do very well, which I really doubt they would bother porting, I bet you could come up with 10-20 that would be good for a port from both the standpoint of Microsoft and Sega.

Why would Sega be willing to stick on there when they can still make money off them -- the Sonic Adventure series did really well on the GameCube for instance. A Live port for $10.00? Just doesn't seem like they would allow Sonic to go that route. It would be big for Microsoft, but could seriously injure Sega.

Chu Chu Rocket with Live would be a smash hit, and since Chu Chu doesn't have an audience for a real disk anymore (And it could be argued that it never really did, as the original game while it was absolutely incredibly fun never even dented sales charts), and I think it would be great on Live. I don't know offhand of what else would be great. Could it happen? Sure. Do I think it will be more than a handful? No.

It is a very interesting idea however, and would seriously injure Nintendo's Revolution if Microsoft could land someone to offer old console games -- maybe Genesis, Turbografx, or even more obscure things like the Jaguar and 3DO. If they got enough interesting stuff, it would make the 360 a lot more attractive.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With respect to the Dreamcast games being downloadable on XBOX Live, I am surprised no one is discussing the obvious - the diminutive size of the 360 HD. Granted its 20 GB, but its still way too small by today's standards and over 1/3 of it is filled with preloaded crap. Add on all your other demos, movies, trailers and music, and there is simply not going to be enough room to hold 10 Dreamcast games on your HD, at least not the very good ones. Sure games that aren't complex or large in ISO size like Chu-Chu Rocket may fit, but games like Soul Calibur, Daytona USA, Outtrigger, etc are going to take up a lot of space unless they downsample music and videos, or cut out content. I forget the actual size of a GD-Rom, the media used for DC games, but I know its more than a CD (650-700 MB). Multiply that x 10 and that's going to eat up at least 7 GB of your HD.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    With respect to the Dreamcast games being downloadable on XBOX Live, I am surprised no one is discussing the obvious - the diminutive size of the 360 HD. Granted its 20 GB, but its still way too small by today's standards and over 1/3 of it is filled with preloaded crap. Add on all your other demos, movies, trailers and music, and there is simply not going to be enough room to hold 10 Dreamcast games on your HD, at least not the very good ones. Sure games that aren't complex or large in ISO size like Chu-Chu Rocket may fit, but games like Soul Calibur, Daytona USA, Outtrigger, etc are going to take up a lot of space unless they downsample music and videos, or cut out content. I forget the actual size of a GD-Rom, the media used for DC games, but I know its more than a CD (650-700 MB). Multiply that x 10 and that's going to eat up at least 7 GB of your HD.
    Actually, I did kind of mention it -
    24 games, probably 5-6 at a time, and lose them when I want new ones. Got it, just checking.
    I was thinking hard drive space.

RE: Yago - you're not GOING to go out and buy these, you're going to download them, giving them absolutely zero collectible value.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nevermind

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    There's a big difference between play-asia and eBay. eBay is an auction site. Do you judge the value of a car by what it's sold at an auction? No..
    But you do judge the value of antiques and works of art by what they sell for at auction. Course we're talking Sotheby's and not ebay. But the point still stands. I'm not about to pretend that dreamcast games compare to priceless collectibles but the only way to really determine any item's worth is to find the average value based on the ending totals of the item or similar items sold at auction. In this manner you're directly weighing value against public demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

If a game on average auctions for much less then it's listed for at Gamestop, then Gamestop is overcharging because demand is not reflecting their price tag. The game will not sell quickly, and wehn it does it will be to a customer who either values the convince of a brick and mortar store or is simply ignorant of the game's value. Similarly if a game sells for much more on Ebay then at Gamestop you'll find the game snatched up very quickly because obviously that customer is either saving money or about to make a good profit online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Gamestop prices generally reflect those of ebay not because they're setting the values, but because it would make bad buisness sense not to.

That said $10 for any good game playable over live with a group of friends is a great deal regardless if the original copy sells for $49 or 49cents.

((Sorry for the retarded three tiered message, but my computer won't let me post long replies since we set up the router to XboX Live))