Before I begin, let me preface this post with a little history. Sometime last year I won a Spider-Man Web of Fire for the 32X. Needless to say, I got screwed over by the seller and only recovered about 1/2 of my money through paypal. So, whenever it comes to RARE items like Grails, I tend to be overly cautious on bidding on these items.

About ten days ago, I won the game again from what I perceived to be a reputable seller. He is involved in the retro scene, has his own website, and may even be a member of this site. I paid within 4 days of auction end by paypal. The auction says item to be shipped with in 48 hours of payment via priority mail. I live in Michigan. Seller is in New York. So shipping shouldn't take long. Last Friday I receive a delivery confirmation # so I am happy. Problem is the delivery confirmation # shows the item was never dropped off at the PO for shipment. I emailed the seller, telling him this and he replied that the item has shipped, but didn't say when. Now its been a week since the delivery confirmation # was given to me and the status still has not changed. I know delivery confirmation #'s don't provide tracking like UPS, and that it simply states drop off and delivery. But there is still nothing on this. The Seller has pretty good feedback - over 1000 with only 3 negatives, but I am starting to get that sinking feeling again. If he wouldn't have given me the Delivery Confirmation # and his auction not stated shipment w/in 48 hours, I may have been less leary.

Am I being too pessimistic due to my prior bad experience with high priced items? At what point do I go back to paypal? How long do I give this guy?

EDIT: Item received today. Delivery Confirmation # still screwed up. Blame this one on USPS.

Please LOCK!