Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny little Game Crazy story...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Funny little Game Crazy story...

Today I stopped by one looking for any good deals. As I'm rummaging along, this little African American kid was talking with the two employees, excitedly, about how he was getting a Saturn in the next week. I was interested because he said Saturn and the fact that he had to be no older than 11! A kid that age who wants to love a Sega Saturn? That's like rain in the desert, folks.

Anyway, I'm just casually listening in, but when he mentioned titles like Blazing Dragons, Bubble Bobble Rainbow Islands and such I go inside "WHOA! This kid's fucking hardcore" lol.

As I go to buy some games, he was playing MegaMan on a display. "Hey man I can sell you some of my Saturn games."

Then he goes "naw I got it... it's all torrents."

Ahhhhhhh. Well screw you then. :P

I knew there was a catch. Freaking kids and technology these days, LMAO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'm just glad to see him playing those games at that age. Hell, he knows how to grab Saturn ISOs and must know how to build and burn the CUE files. Getting a modded Saturn too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey hes 11 its all good. I wish I had this tecnology back then (ans a saturn) Life would have been sweat.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid
    Getting a modded Saturn too.
    yup, he said it loud and proud
    I just thought for a second maybe he was talking about the real thing -- that would have been really impressive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

The only thing that could have topped that was him picking up a Saturn there and going "and here's the chip" as he pulls a Saturn modchip out of his pocket. "I'm putting it in tonight!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thats better than a kid with thousands of dollars to spend on video games... spoiled brats

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's too bad, the titles you rattled off aren't overly expensive and a Saturn can be picked up dirt cheap. I wonder how long it took him to download/build/burn those cds, Normally it's such a hassle that it's worth it just to go out, plunk down the 10 dollars and actually buy the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid
    thats better than a kid with thousands of dollars to spend on video games... spoiled brats
    Spoiled brat or drug dealer? Lol

Ken

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Teh ISO whorez of the future!! Ruining collecting since "torrent" was invented!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Funny little Game Crazy story...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    As I'm rummaging along, this little African American kid was talking with the two employees, excitedly, about how he was getting a Saturn in the next week.
    Thanks for letting us know the ethnic background of the 11 year old. That was very important.

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    the ISO whorez of the future!! Ruining collecting since "torrent" was invented!
    I'm not sure I agree. The fact that he is doing torrents instead of buying off Ebay keeps the prices lower for collectors like us. People who just want to play download and play the games and not own the artifacts will never be collectors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slimedog
    I'm not sure I agree. The fact that he is doing torrents instead of buying off Ebay keeps the prices lower for collectors like us. People who just want to play download and play the games and not own the artifacts will never be collectors.

i agree, ebay has done more to harm the hobby than piracy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    As I'm rummaging along, this little African American kid was talking with the two employees, excitedly, about how he was getting a Saturn in the next week.
    Thanks for letting us know the ethnic background of the 11 year old. That was very important.

Nobody has mentioned that at all yet, why, because it's not worth mentioning. I guess we see things differently. I wanted to give the reader a picture of the actual experience. I did not list the ethnicity of the two employees because they're not key characters unlike the 11 year old boy. There's nothing wrong with that. If there really were, you wouldn't have been the first to point it out.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol. Pretty funny story! It's surprising to see a younger kid as such so into that kind of old school stuff, iso or not.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimedog

i agree, ebay has done more to harm the hobby than piracy
    Good call, I raise you $1 and bet my blue chips..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nobody has mentioned that at all yet, why, because it's not worth mentioning. I guess we see things differently. I wanted to give the reader a picture of the actual experience. I did not list the ethnicity of the two employees because they're not key characters unlike the 11 year old boy. There's nothing wrong with that. If there really were, you wouldn't have been the first to point it out.
    My bad. The picture of the actual experience of the story would have been totally different had the little boy been Hispanic. Sorry about that.

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That reminds me of myself 8yrs ago at age 13 when I was downloading all the roms I could force over my dialup. When you're that young you can't afford things, and your parents half the time will say no. I just wish I had more space on a computer then to hold all my MP3s and ROMs. Forget ISOs because they kill the space for other things. PB boxes were the shizz in the 80's and 90's.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor
    That reminds me of myself 8yrs ago at age 13 when I was downloading all the roms I could force over my dialup. When you're that young you can't afford things, and your parents half the time will say no. I just wish I had more space on a computer then to hold all my MP3s and ROMs. Forget ISOs because they kill the space for other things. PB boxes were the shizz in the 80's and 90's.
    I'm doing the same thing now with the ROMs.

I started my Genesis collection in October and I have about 20+ games with five imports. I don't buy games every week, but I buy them time to time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

He's just tying to make it easier to visualize with more detail. Geez I hate when people play the race card. You don't see me getting all bent out of shape because Columbus Day isn't a national holiday anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My bad. The picture of the actual experience of the story would have been totally different had the little boy been Hispanic. Sorry about that.

. Oh well. Thanks for playing.