Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats the longest you've spent playing one game?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I find this topic to be kind of unfair, being that there are games WITH an ending and there are games WITHOUT an ending. For instance, someone can play an online game for 100 hours and its nothing, or a non-ending game like Animal Crossing, but a game with an ending, spending 100 hours is like...WOW, you spent THAT long on it! So there should really be 2 categories.

Longest time spent on a game with an ending : 125 hours on Pokemon Blue back in the day, got ALL 151 pokemon! Wow...that was like, 6 years ago I think.

Logenst time spent on a game without an ending: Animal Crossing, not really sure but I played it daily for anywhere between 30 min to 2 hour streaches for about 3-4 months.

And I find more pleasure in putting the time in Pokemon than in Animal Crossing.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I find this topic to be kind of unfair, being that there are games WITH an ending and there are games WITHOUT an ending. For instance, someone can play an online game for 100 hours and its nothing, or a non-ending game like Animal Crossing, but a game with an ending, spending 100 hours is like...WOW, you spent THAT long on it! So there should really be 2 categories.

Longest time spent on a game with an ending : 125 hours on Pokemon Blue back in the day, got ALL 151 pokemon! Wow...that was like, 6 years ago I think.

Logenst time spent on a game without an ending: Animal Crossing, not really sure but I played it daily for anywhere between 30 min to 2 hour streaches for about 3-4 months.

And I find more pleasure in putting the time in Pokemon than in Animal Crossing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I notice a lot of the choices have been for RPGs. I've put over 100 hours into FF7 (Waltzed though it in <35 hours, without realising I was near the end till I got there! So I played through again for another 60 hours, doing all the stuff I missed!). However, I've put more time into the Pro Evolution Soccer / Winning Eleven series than into any other game, by a long way. Ok, so it's not strictly the same game, as the game has moved from SNES to MD, to PS1 to PS2, to Cube etc but that series has sucked a fair chunk of my life... I'd hate to think just how much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I notice a lot of the choices have been for RPGs. I've put over 100 hours into FF7 (Waltzed though it in <35 hours, without realising I was near the end till I got there! So I played through again for another 60 hours, doing all the stuff I missed!). However, I've put more time into the Pro Evolution Soccer / Winning Eleven series than into any other game, by a long way. Ok, so it's not strictly the same game, as the game has moved from SNES to MD, to PS1 to PS2, to Cube etc but that series has sucked a fair chunk of my life... I'd hate to think just how much!

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

Cumulative time for me probably about 100-115 hours is the peak, whatever it says on my Pokemon Blue game (Blue seems to be the favorite Pokemon version to play... why is that?), but in one sitting probably only about 5 or 6 hours playing, of all things, Top Shop for PS-X. Top Shop was ten bucks and it sucked my time away so easily... and that was only one game!

Monopoly for PS-X comes in second, probably about 4 hours.

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

Cumulative time for me probably about 100-115 hours is the peak, whatever it says on my Pokemon Blue game (Blue seems to be the favorite Pokemon version to play... why is that?), but in one sitting probably only about 5 or 6 hours playing, of all things, Top Shop for PS-X. Top Shop was ten bucks and it sucked my time away so easily... and that was only one game!

Monopoly for PS-X comes in second, probably about 4 hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I' used to play final fantasy III and secret of evermore for snes in 14 hour blocks, and once over the course of 3 months i played ff3 all the way through about 5 or 6 times. i've been playing mega man 2 since it came out, and i have over 75 hours logged on final fantasy 7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I' used to play final fantasy III and secret of evermore for snes in 14 hour blocks, and once over the course of 3 months i played ff3 all the way through about 5 or 6 times. i've been playing mega man 2 since it came out, and i have over 75 hours logged on final fantasy 7

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    I played Arcade Asteroids for 48 hours straight once as a promotion back in the early 80's.

As far as actual time total, I'd have to say the PC version of Civilization. If you take the original and all the sequels, I have dedicated months, if not years of my life to that game and don't regret it at all.

Dave

man...if i played asteroids that long, driving home, i would try to shoot dots out of my car by honking the horn
    Have a shitty famiclone or pirate famicom cartridge you wanna sell? Send me a PM! Word...

Honorary disciple in the House of Meat.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played Arcade Asteroids for 48 hours straight once as a promotion back in the early 80's.

As far as actual time total, I'd have to say the PC version of Civilization. If you take the original and all the sequels, I have dedicated months, if not years of my life to that game and don't regret it at all.

Dave

man...if i played asteroids that long, driving home, i would try to shoot dots out of my car by honking the horn
    Have a shitty famiclone or pirate famicom cartridge you wanna sell? Send me a PM! Word...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In one sitting I would say either War Craft II or a Command & Conquer game. Those levels can take awhile. Then play a few at a time.

Over all I still play Circus & Warlords on the Atari 2600 from time to time.

most hours logged on ohe game is NHLPA 93 on the Genesis. My friend Joel and I played that game way to much. Second after that is Phantasy Star Online on the GameCube. I have over 1000 hours logged into that game over the last 8 months.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In one sitting I would say either War Craft II or a Command & Conquer game. Those levels can take awhile. Then play a few at a time.

Over all I still play Circus & Warlords on the Atari 2600 from time to time.

most hours logged on ohe game is NHLPA 93 on the Genesis. My friend Joel and I played that game way to much. Second after that is Phantasy Star Online on the GameCube. I have over 1000 hours logged into that game over the last 8 months.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, let's see....most time spent total is definitely Super Smash Bros. with Super Smash Bros. Melee being the runner up. The latter has well over 100 hours logged in (too lazy to check exact, I'll update some other time), and I've played the original 2x/3x as much. Really.

Longest straight? I think Metal Gear Solid wins the award. A friend and I rented it, played it straight through....took us 14 hours the first time. I can probably beat it in, like, 2 or 3 now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, let's see....most time spent total is definitely Super Smash Bros. with Super Smash Bros. Melee being the runner up. The latter has well over 100 hours logged in (too lazy to check exact, I'll update some other time), and I've played the original 2x/3x as much. Really.

Longest straight? I think Metal Gear Solid wins the award. A friend and I rented it, played it straight through....took us 14 hours the first time. I can probably beat it in, like, 2 or 3 now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by In another thread, CueWarrior
    When I was a kid, I was an arcade maniac. I once did a promotion at the local arcade, when I was 11 or 12, where I played Asteroids for over 48 hours. Unfortunately, my mom (who had given permission) decided I was too young to spend my entire week of spring break playing, eating, and sleeping at the arcade and made me come home
    So wait, how long did you actually play it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by In another thread, CueWarrior
    When I was a kid, I was an arcade maniac. I once did a promotion at the local arcade, when I was 11 or 12, where I played Asteroids for over 48 hours. Unfortunately, my mom (who had given permission) decided I was too young to spend my entire week of spring break playing, eating, and sleeping at the arcade and made me come home
    So wait, how long did you actually play it?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea and you did mention "sleeping"

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea and you did mention "sleeping"

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Longest straight: Grandia (PS1). The day I got it, I played the first 10-11 hours straight before I realized what time it was.

Longest combined: Super Mario World (SNES). I've beaten that game so many times that I've pretty much got it memorized. And the funny thing is, in my childhood, I never actually owned an SNES -- every time I played it was at someone else's house.
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Longest straight: Grandia (PS1). The day I got it, I played the first 10-11 hours straight before I realized what time it was.

Longest combined: Super Mario World (SNES). I've beaten that game so many times that I've pretty much got it memorized. And the funny thing is, in my childhood, I never actually owned an SNES -- every time I played it was at someone else's house.
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU