Thread: Music in Auctions?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Music in Auctions?

Do you think it's a good thing, or a bad thing to put music in video game auction listings? Personally I think it's a good thing, as it can tend to stir up the nostalgia and make a potential buyer more likely to pounce. Example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3008049946

Then again, it's probably not good for all of those office surfers out there (myself included).

What do you think?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It depends on the auction really for the auction you said I could care less but then again i can play smb 3 24/7. Some auctions that have very distracting and bored music will make you not want to buy the item but most of the time i don't have my speakers on anyway so i really could care less .
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of the biggest annoyances of the internet is music that's playing on a website. I HATE IT! An item has to be very, very good, before I'll bid on it if the auction has music with it. I find it very amateuristic as well.
    terrible.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate it as well. And I especially hate it when I need to download a plugin for their music. I just close whatever the offending auction and take my business elsewhere.
    Another day, another dollar... wake me when it's payday.
    still playing games

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hate to revive a dead topic, but I've just learned that it's best to NEVER put music in an auction if you browse them at work.

I was sitting here at work, and was thinking about relisting the Castlevania IIauction of mine that recently ended without a bid. I made the mistake of going to the actual auction page...with people in the room...with my speakers turned up to MAX VOLUME (when I thought they were barely turned up)!

Luckily I work in a large server room, and since the other people in here were on the opposite side of the room they didn't hear it (or faintly at best). It scared the CRAP out of me though...and instantly I thought of those poor saps browsing at work who stumble upon an auction like that unaware.

To all of you office browsers out there, I apologize.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am all for music in the background................. as long as it is Ozzy or some decent band. I can hear my video game music whenever I want, I will just PLAY THAT GAME!!