View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony PS3

21 25.93%
  • Microsoft XBOX

32 39.51%
  • Nintendo Revolution

28 34.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the console war of 06?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who will win the console war of 06?

This could be an interesting discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think no matter wether you buy a ps3 or a 360 you're still going to want the revolution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im going with 360 on this one. With XBOX live and how intense it is and the whole system is just amazing in my opinion.

It just seems like the ps3 is going to cost WAY to much and hard to program for. The revolution will have to work hard to get fans back.

Who knows though, the PS3 and the Rev might not even come out this year making the XBOX 360 the winner of 06.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren870
    Im going with 360 on this one. With XBOX live and how intense it is and the whole system is just amazing in my opinion.

It just seems like the ps3 is going to cost WAY to much and hard to program for. The revolution will have to work hard to get fans back.

Who knows though, the PS3 and the Rev might not even come out this year making the XBOX 360 the winner of 06.
    Good point, but XBOX has had a head start since it came out in 05. I just wonder if M$ is sensationalizing the 360 by creating shortages. I wanted a 360 but after all the bad news I want to first try the Revolution. I think Nintendo will go far this time though... Looking at the system and some of the ideas it appears strong, so I voted for Revolution.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Rock
    I think no matter wether you buy a ps3 or a 360 you're still going to want the revolution.
    Interesting comment. I chose the 360 and have no interest in the PS3 - yet, I'm still looking forward to the Revolution.

I also think the 360 will do very well in this generation. It seems to turn the whole console gaming/online play thing into a more intense, singular experience. I dig it, and I still only play Marble Blast.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in 2006?

im willing to bet the PS2 will still be number 1 in sales

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Who will win the console war of 06?

Pleasant surprise, nobody's gone off on a fanboy rant...that's good!

It seems to me all the different players have a relatively well-thought out position, but the big surprise might be that the PS3 won't be incredibly advanced compared to the 360 (but that's still a rumor). Disc drive space worries aside, the 360 has good developer support and the hardware isn't too bad.

Judging from the developer/consumer poll we saw last month, the PS3's developer support might be higher yet.

I don't know - I have been putting off getting a PS2 so I could buy a PS3 and instantly get backwards compatibility, but the cost could be too high.

The 360 also has a number of games coming for it that I am quite interested in: Lost Planet, Resident Evil 5, and Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden 2 seem a sure lock for the console.

That's where the Revolution comes in - while I'm wondering where to put my limited dollars, the Revolution moves in swiftly at a lower price point to take my dollars and my heart. I already know Sudo 51 (Fifty-one 51) and Grasshopper Manufacture are working on a game for the system, which could be a big selling point for me.

What does the PS3 have? A maybe-better (and maybe not) version of Resident Evil 5, and Metal Gear Solid 4. So essentially, from my perspective, one game.

I am very pleased that all three consoles will have backwards compatibility; though that seems a bigger point for the 360 and the PS3 than the Rev, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am looking forward to the PS3 which with the xbox 360 at the moment there's no games that interest me and it looks like with just morrowind coming there still won't be any games coming out that I want to get a 360 for.

with that said Im not sure of what games are coming out for the ps3 other than MGS4 but as it stands right now I want to get that and eventually get a Xbox 360

I will get a revolution and that is a guarentee, no matter if I get a ps3 or 360, I will still get a revolution.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I reckon that Sega Beena is going to wipe the floor with everyone

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Rock
    Why?

And, for the record, I agree with chrisbid. It's still going to be PS2 at #1.

Cherry (Level 1) atari_overlord's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went ahead and chose the playstation. I only did this because I am assuming that that you meant overall sales for the systems lifespan. Playstation has way too much name behind them to lose. WHith that being said.....

Being someone who has purchased all of the systems as they have come out. This war is kind of my stopping point. I have never been so excited for a system as I am for the revolution. I truly believe that Nintendos plan to change the way we play games worked out real well with the DS. I dont play my GBAs anymore and I sold my PSP to buy more DS games. No touch screen just seems strange to me now. I am hoping the revolution does the same thing.

But regardless of who "wins" I hope they all do well because that is what gets us the best games to play at the best price.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Based on what we've both been hearing and seeing about the PS3 i'd say it won't make it out in the US until the very end of the year, if at all. Because of this i think the 360 will be the Next gen winner by default. Nintendo just doesn't have the brand power to win yet.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They play 3d games. They all be losers then.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Why don't we ask this question once things are a little more solid and we know when the 'competition' is actually coming out and we see some actual game footage from them.

Until then I couldn't say one way or the other what would happen because there are just too many variables.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really not drooling to get any of them.

I still have zero interest in playing console games online, and that seems to be the main selling point of the 360. That, and the lack of games that interest me, made it easy for me to skip the Xbox and 360 seems headed for a similar fate.

PS3, I could end up with this. I doubt it will debut at too outrageous a price, probably not more than 360. I enjoy my PS2 and so long as they continue to put out the RPGs I like (Nippon Ichi, FF, Xeno, etc) I'll sign up.

Rev: I'm intrigued. I hope this is the "revolution" video games seem to need, but I don't care what the controller does, I'm pretty tired of the same old franchises.

As for who will win in '06, I guess the 360 wins by default.
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We'll let's see...

...Xbox 360 is actually out and has games coming out for it ranging from crap to awesome but is too damned expensive. It came out at the right time, has a stupidly large fanboy base, and has EA publishing games for it right now. It sells out almsot as quickly as it's put on the shelf and people don't seem to mind that 360 games are $10 more expensive than "normal" games.

...PS3 doesn't exist yet and doesn't have a release date. Estimates point to it being too damned expensive. We'll be lucky to see it this year.

...Revolution looks like 10 pounds of gimmicks packed into a 5 pound bag and is going to be a hell of a lot more affordable. Despite being horribly gimmicky, Nintendo showed that they can make gimmicks work (more or less) with the Dual Screen, but only time will tell if people will be drawn towards the gimmicks rather than the technobabble graphics hype of the competitors.

So yea...until more information on the other two comes out (...and the systems come out), it looks like the Xbox360 won't have any competition.

But I'm really looking forward to both the PS3 and Revolution. Can't wait to see what the companies do with their respective systems (especially if the PS3 really does offer backwards compatibility on par with the PS2->PS1 and enhances the games like the Xbox360).

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Based on all logic and common sense: The Xbox 360. Everything about it just screams a well executed completely fleshed out experience.

Based on what I actually believe will happen: The PS3. They have the completely fake hype of it being more powerful than the 360, and people are already eating it up by the truckloads. The masses don't dig that deep into facts, just a couple of surface reports of the PS3 being 8x as powerful as the 360 means it'll have better graphics which means better games which means better purchase.

I don't even put the Revolution into the race. They're aiming for two of the three markets, the Hardcore and the Non-gamers. The casual gamers (Madden and GTA every year) are by far the largest market and by far the main target of Sony and MS, and if Nintendo can drag a few along for the ride, great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Revolution will sell worse than Gamecube and PS3 will be in second because of it's price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the Revolution will be the best because Nintendo generally comes out with some inventive tools of gameplay.

PS3 will come in second with the massive amounts of games I'm sure will come out for it, plus the hardware and older games selection.

Last, Xbox360. It was the first to launch and will struggle later on unless they can build a better library and come out with good add-ons.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

GIZMONDO is gonna whoop everyones asses!! 2006 - the world will fear the name "gizmondo".

Seriously, I'd say the 360's outlook is lookin pretty good. Revolution is becoming less likely a buy, the more I hear about it. I still like the controller idea, but games will be a deciding factor, and Nintendo has alot of work to do to win an old, jaded fan back. Finally, Sony.... If they can keep it below $500, and have 3 killer apps on launch day? Maybe I think about one. But thats not very likely.