Thread: Street Fighter: The Movie help

Insert Coin (Level 0) GiantPooka's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Street Fighter: The Movie help

Anyone with an English copy of Street Fighter: The Movie for the Saturn?

I got a free Japanese copy (the person who gave it to me found it in the trash, appropirately) and since I can't read Japanese at all, I can't understand the options screen, aside from the difficulty select and the control change. Someone with an English copy who could tell me what they are? Thanks in advance.

(By the way, the Japanese version has a hilarious title, "Street Fighter: Real Battle On Film" )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Insert Coin (Level 0) GiantPooka's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool, thanks a lot. I had some other questions, like how the Movie Battle mode is supposed to work, but that answered them all, thanks!

On a related note, the game isn't really that bad. The characters may look like cardboard cutouts and control like them too, but it's closer to the real Street Fighter games than you might think. I guess it's because of the fact that it's based on the movie that everyone avoids it... With good reason, but still, I've played worse fighting games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All movie mode does is ask you where you want to go, and those choices determine who you fight.

I still want the real arcad eversion of SF: The Movie. That was so bad it was *awesome*.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

SF:TM is actually much more fun than most people would think. I've gotten close to beating the game on a real machine - too bad the thing spontaneously crashed on me! It's not perfect but it does require a bit of strategy that isn't normally used on common Capcom titles.

The PSX and Saturn versions changed things around. I've heard they have improved control schemes, but I've never bought them. I want the PSX version, though, if only to see my man Raul Julia in cutscenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah the controls on the Saturn version are way more responcive than the Arcade version from what I remember from playing it but they are still pretty terrible in all honesty, but even so it's still far from being the worst game out there it's just not really very good either. It's all down to personal tastes at the end of the day.