Thread: SNES Repalcement Connector...which models?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SNES Repalcement Connector...which models?

Hi, I'm interested in getting a Super Nintendo 62 Pin Replacement connector but can someone confirm which model numbers are compatible with the connectors and which ones are not? I have noticed that some Super Nintendo systems have a connector that is soldered into the system which the other can be replaced.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Please pm your answers if possible, I don't check this forum too often.

Thanks,

Wyatt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

there arent really any ways to work out which one will accept it without opening it, and since you want to replace the connector anyway, why not open it? if it will accept it, youll be able to pull the whole connector off.

btw, may i ask why you would replace it? i have never heard of a snes with this problem, why not try cleaning your games first? open them and do it properly, you might say cleaning alot of games is too much work, but if its the games and not the connector, youll have to do it anyway, the connector will do nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sometimes it is not the games that need to be cleaned.

I recently purchased a used (of course) SNES off ebay, and while in excellent cosmetic shape, I did initially have a problem with the system not playing carts (black screen) even tho the carts were thoroughly cleaned.

The connectopr inside of the SNES was the culprit. What I did was take a credit card (actually my Charlie Brown's discount card!) and wrap a PSP cleaning cloth over it. Then, I put some alcohol on the cloth and inserted and removed my homemade cart slot cleaner into the SNES a few times. It got some gunk out, and I have had 0 problems since. Works first time every time. Unless your pins are bent so badly, or are missing...I would say just clean it as I did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i wasn't even aware of this. i have two snes's, an original style, and the mini. both seem (judging from the top with the units fully together) a similar connector. it kinda looks like it clips in. my original style box was a 'control deck' system - no games, just the system, hookups, and one controller. however, it came with killer instinct and had a killer instinct sticker applied on top of the box in the corner. i bought it in 1997. is this a replaceable version? it works fine, but just curious.