Thread: I saw a Gemini II system today, What the ...?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I saw a Gemini II system today, What the ...?

Anybody know anything about what the heck a Gemini II is? I offered this guy $5 for it, but he wanted $40. He had no idea whatsoever what it was either, but he said, "It's really old, so it's probably worth alot".

This was at this flea market I was at today. Anyways, the most I was going to offer was $5. It appeared to have two controllers, but no hookups. I was just curious what the F it was, and I've done a few searches on Google, but I haven't really found anything out about it. From what I gather, there is a Coleco Gemini, but I can't find anything on a Gemini II. I don't know if it's the same thing or not.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Gemini is Coleco's Atari 2600 clone. I've never seen one in the wild myself, although I have seen a set of controllers at Goodwill and it pops up on eBay from time to time.

$40 is on the high side--anther flea market vendor shooting for the moon. The rarity guide has it listed as an R3-$30.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I own a Gemini in my collection, but i never heard about a "Gemini II", i´m not a Coleco expert, but your case is really weird. I think that someone knows about this mistery. Mmm...maybe a pirate clone (of a clone)?. I don´t really know. Please, give me a more complete description, because i´m confused...

Matías

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Google ain't helping either. I did a search for Gemini II and all I'm getting are NASA pages and guitar amp sales. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

D'oh.

Sorry, Anthony1, my mind didn't calculate the "II" at the end of Gemini or the fact that you actually mentioned the orignial Gemini.

What did it look like? Was it similar to the original?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Was it labeled Coleco? What did the cart port look like? What did the controller ports look like? I thought at some point there was a Coleco Gemini 2 but I can't remember what it did for the life of me.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not a Gemini II, but it IS a different system with the Gemini name and made by Coleco.

http://www.videogamenews.net/HTM/Gam...stargemini.htm

Did it look anything like this?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

he said it had 2 controllers as well, google did give some search results from forums that people listed their consoles and Gemini 2 did show up, but the results were of brazilian origin.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did some digging and I found someone on the internet who claims to own a Gemini 2.

http://kbforums.net/index.php?act=Pr...ter&f=21&t=103

I joined the forum to e-mail the person. The forum also has the person's AIM and MSN ID, so if he doesn't respond to e-mail, I will try to catch him on a messenger.

Maybe he can provide information/pictures.

Edit: On his list he has some other systems that I have never heard of. Atari XE 2? Is this guy a member here?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: I saw a Gemini II system today, What the ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Anybody know anything about what the heck a Gemini II is? I offered this guy $5 for it, but he wanted $40. He had no idea whatsoever what it was either, but he said, "It's really old, so it's probably worth alot".

This was at this flea market I was at today. Anyways, the most I was going to offer was $5. It appeared to have two controllers, but no hookups. I was just curious what the F it was, and I've done a few searches on Google, but I haven't really found anything out about it. From what I gather, there is a Coleco Gemini, but I can't find anything on a Gemini II. I don't know if it's the same thing or not.
    Given how incredibly hard it is to find information on this system, I would say that it's more than worth the $40.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wufners
    It's not a Gemini II, but it IS a different system with the Gemini name and made by Coleco.

http://www.videogamenews.net/HTM/Gam...stargemini.htm

Did it look anything like this?
    That can't be it. That's a pong system and doesn't have external controllers. Anthony described a system that does have controllers.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Does it output RGB?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    Google ain't helping either. I did a search for Gemini II and all I'm getting are NASA pages and guitar amp sales. O_o
    No kidding, here's my search string (and I used tons of variations):
    "gemini II" -jet -nyko -nasa -guitar -acoustic -realty -signs -horoscope

I'm still getting random guitar ads, Amiga 400 games, fanfiction, bands (different depending on if it's Gemini II or 2, I guess), you name it...

...is this a case where it's an R3 if you knew somebody else who had one? Because this is pretty freakin' ridiculous

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, the thing was very dirty, it had two controllers, and it said Gemini II on it. At least I'm pretty sure it said Gemini II. If it didn't have the II on there, then I don't know why I recall it as Gemini II. I remember asking the guy, how much for the Gemini II. So it must have said Gemini II on it.

It does not look like the above picture. It had two controllers by it, I can't remember if they were actually attatched or not. To be honest, I didn't really get a good look at the thing. I looked at it for a couple of seconds. I had no idea what the heck it was, but I figured that it might mean something to somebody, so I tried to see if he would sell it to me for $5. Dude wasn't having it. Anyways, that dude is always there selling stuff, I seriously doubt anybody will offer him $40 or anything close to that for it, so the next time I'm there, maybe I'll double my offer to $10. JibbaJabba lives kinda near me, so if he ever drives out to this particular flea, he could buy it.

You know what, I just looked at a pic of the regular Gemini, and it might have been just a regular Gemini ! I'm not sure if it said Gemini II now, or if it just looked that way when I glanced at it. The contollers definitely looked like the regular Gemini controllers. It's very possible that it was just a Gemini 1. Man, I don't know why I thought for sure it said Gemini II on it. Weird.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vulcanjedi

Default Gemini

Hey

The Gemini I have is from Canada and it looks like the normal one but there is French besides the English labels. So everything has English/French. I don't think the Gemini label is different though. I'll have to tlook tonight.

VJ

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If we had a pic of the Gemini I, maybe we could make sure that wasn't what he saw...

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Gemini

Quote Originally Posted by vulcanjedi
    Hey

The Gemini I have is from Canada and it looks like the normal one but there is French besides the English labels. So everything has English/French. I don't think the Gemini label is different though. I'll have to tlook tonight.

VJ
    It may mean nothing but I'm from Canada and the Gemini II sounds familiar. Don't know anything about it though.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Gemini

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nihilism
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcanjedi
    Hey

VJ
    It may mean nothing but I'm from Canada and the Gemini II sounds familiar. Don't know anything about it though.
    i've talked to a few friends who seem to think they remember a gemini II as well. one of them thinks it was a catalogue item, but it was so long ago

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vulcanjedi

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    If we had a pic of the Gemini I, maybe we could make sure that wasn't what he saw...

-Rob
    Here is the Gemini I from Canada

VJ

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

maybe it was a columbia home arcade he had seen, or his eyes skipped over Appareil and took the last 2 letters after he seen Gemini.