Thread: FS: Gauging interest in Atari 2600 "Crazy Climber"

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default FS: Gauging interest in Atari 2600 "Crazy Climber"

I have 150 Atari 2600 games, mostly commons, but do own a loose copy of "Crazy Climber." If anyone has interest in it, please let me know. No manual but label is in great shape. Bought this in a lot of games from a pawn shop, previous owner probably didn't know what he or she had.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Bump. The game exists, to refute a private message or two I received which slightly irritated me. Sorry to disappoint a couple doubters, but I have the game. In response: Just because I don't have a digital camera doesn't mean it's not here People can post all the pictures in the world and still rip you off. Might consider swapping it for a complete Jaguar cd or something similar.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Admitedly that's probably as much to check the condition of the cart than to see you have one

Needless to say, if you don't have a feedback thread here on DP, providing other means to show acreditation is appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have one right on feedback forum, under the user name BangTango. Only has the first trade I made on here, made 4 since which haven't been recorded, but it exists. Most of the posts I do make reference to my Ebay user name: sedentaryrock with a feedback rating of 104 at 100%. I sell video games, books, cd's (wholesale) and cassettes (wholesale) on Ebay and buy stuff. I've been working 2 years trying to finish a book and get it published, moving very slowly, and I don't make nearly enough money to pony up for a digital camera. It's on the bottom of my list of priorities. I just don't like getting private messages actually chiding me for not having one. Unbelievable

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The "I can't get pictures" thing just doesn't fly anymore. Not that I'm doubting you have the cart (it's not like it's all that rare), it's just that I've seen these threads before where someone is challenged to show pictures, gets all bent out of shape, and then...no pictures. If it's me I'd be dying to post pictures just to shut everyone up. The premise that someone can't take a digital snapshot of something in 2006 is just ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You could take a film shot of it and have CVS or Walmart put it onto cd for you as a last resort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

That's easy to say for someone with 2500 posts that beat out one or two other people to become a moderator (not as prestigious a job as they pretend it is). I type posts on a laptop, it doesn't have a scanner and I have better things to do than spend my money on a digital camera. Don't make me feel like shit because I don't like people pm'ing me with rude messages.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango
    That's easy to say for someone with 2500 posts. I type posts on a laptop, it doesn't have a scanner and I have better things to do than spend my money on a digital camera. Don't make me feel like shit because I don't like people pm'ing me with rude messages.
    Weigh your options. If you can, try to get a friend, or a friend of a friend, to help you by taking pictures. Ask around - don't feel bad about people doubting you down here. They don't want to be scammed.

If all else fails, and you don't mind spending a little bit of money, you can get a crappy camera at Wal-Mart for $20 or less. They won't have the best quality, but they're okay at least. My camera sucks horribly, yet takes pictures clear enough to, well, clear up doubts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Well.....

I suppose having 7000 posts on the DP board and all the free time in the world is more important than 104 positive feedbacks without a negative. Look, I don't make enough money to blow on digital fu**ing cameras or i-pods. It isn't like money pours in when you make a living doing freelance writing. I can see where people here have disposable income to piss away on anything and everything, but I don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The hell with it, I'll keep the damn cart. I don't need the money that bad, all I wanted to do was entertain offers since I never play it and got nothing but grief. The way the moderator talks, it's not the least bit rare and probably everyone owns a copy. I wasted my time, I guess.

Again, a person can post all the pictures in the world and still rip you off. I've done 6 deals on this board in 2006, involving one system and around 35 games, and haven't ripped off a soul and I didn't need a digital camera to do a single one of them.

I wouldn't have to deal with this crap if I had 7,000 posts but to do that, I'd have to post gibberish for hours just to pad my post stats so people will consider me credible, when all I want to do is do business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The hell with it, I'll keep the damn cart. I don't need the money that bad, all I wanted to do was entertain offers since I never play it and got nothing but grief. The way the moderator talks, it's not the least bit rare and probably everyone owns a copy. I wasted my time, I guess.

Again, a person can post all the pictures in the world and still rip you off. I've done 6 deals on this board in 2006, involving one system and around 35 games, and haven't ripped off a soul and I didn't need a digital camera to do a single one of them.

I wouldn't have to deal with this crap if I had 7,000 posts but to do that, I'd have to post gibberish for hours just to pad my post stats so people will consider me credible, when all I want to do is do business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nice fu**ing board, always down and always posting stuff three times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What do you want for the game? I don't even have the system to play it, but I feel bad... PM me, I'll take pics and sell it on ebay or something as long as you're not asking too much.

Do you think you could donate some of your meseta to me as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Now I've been watching this thread and I wasn't going to say anything because I really don't belong here but.....

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango
    Look, I don't make enough money to blow on digital fu**ing cameras or i-pods. It isn't like money pours in when you make a living doing freelance writing. I can see where people here have disposable income to piss away on anything and everything, but I don't.
    Hmm, as a writer myself I take offense to that. Like anyone is going to want to strike a deal with you when you blow up so heavily on everyone in response to some practical advice in an attempt to help you sell your item.

Obviously you have a crapload of interest in this item, and more than likely you'd have instant sales if you could obtain a quick snapshot of it. Now if I was pressed for cash and had something that would sell for decent money if I'd have a friend take a picture or take a picture and have it scanned - I'd get it done.

I swear, I thought this was all one big hobby, geez.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well, I won't part with it now. I just said that above. The traders here would be just fine with the same 10 folks trading back and forth with each other forever. Doesn't make it attractive for new people to try to establish themselves on here when they have to put up with big mouths. A couple people have a hard-on for trying to run off anyone unfamiliar or hazing them a little to see if they stick.

It's pretty arrogant to demand that every seller out there online own a digital camera. I barely have enough for internet service and I haven't even paid off this computer. Let up a little. If a few people saw the last check I pulled in, they might understand I can't drop $20 here, there and anywhere on demand for a bare-bones digital camera. I don't enjoy photography, taking pictures or posting online so I won't buy one just to sell. I make enough money on Ebay without one, because I can at least write half-decent descriptions without spelling errors. Besides, I'd take a picture with a digital camera only to have some nimrod say, "It's not clear enough, I can't see the game or label. The lighting is bad, blah blah." It's never enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well, the moderator is doing a good enough job killing any deal by running down the item as hardly being rare and making it sound like it is worth peanuts. The rarity scale says seven, so I take that as a slap in the face to whoever listed that item at a 7. He seems to think you can pull Crazy Climber out of thin air.

I have done two or three deals with the guy who runs this site (Joe, in case you didn't bother surfing anything but forums). I haven't talked to him in quite sometime, but he had no problem with me. If that isn't a good enough reference, I will never know what is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Final thought.......

My final word is that I don't have a digital camera. I won't be getting one immediately. Even if I had access to one, I don't know how to operate it. I can't chase people down, friends or otherwise, who are going to hang around and scan crap for me all day. Learn to deal with it. If you don't want to trade with me, then don't trade. However, keep your mouth shut in the future and don't private message me or make snide remarks about pictures in my posts. I'd expect a little more courtesy in that regard.

Here is some definitive proof that I don't burn people. I suppose a small segment would rather take their chances with someone who posts pictures but still is capable of ripping them off. Don't want to deal with me? Then go ahead and settle for second rate items or service from someone else.

My feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...444121&frm=284

Want to give me the benefit of the doubt before acting like I've already ripped somebody off? Six deals and nobody has bitched about me yet when it comes to doing honest transactions. Save the witty comments on my reputation as a trader until someone reports that I burned them. Guess what? That's not going to happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If there's nothing for sale here I'm going to lock this.

I'm not exactly sure where things spun out of control here. I think you will find whether you have 5 posts or 5,000, collectors tend to want to see the condition of items before purchasing them. It's not a personal attack, just a fact of buying and selling on a website filled with collectors who are concerned about an item's condition. Keep in mind that this is a forum that has had lengthy debates over exactly how original Nintendo games were sealed.

If you try and sell anything in the future and don't have pictures and don't plan on offering any, I'd politely state that up front (although I can tell you your sale prices will greatly suffer for it).