Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Default eBay 'love' letters from losing bidders

Ever get one of these from those oh so happy people you bid against who lost in an auction?

I got one today for an auction I won and thought it was pretty damn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sore Loser
    wow.. you are one lame ass mother fucker.. I can't belive some people can plan their days around when an auction ends just so they can be there and bid at the last minute..excuse me, LAST SECOND! lame ass little bitch.
    I didn't respond to the yahoo simply because I didn't need to feed the beast and then unleash someone who was just going to possibly stalk my auctions and make any auctions I bid on cost me more.

When or if you've gotten one of these, how do YOU handle it?
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got one when I bought a four-wheeler on ebay under my dad's name. It was pretty much the same, but thing is, I bid shortly after the auction was started...and that was the only time. My bid held till the auction close. The guy that sent me (or rather my dad since it was his name) the hate mail tried to snipe the auction. He didn't win, but it cost me around $800 more to win. He thought ebay's auto-bid was me using a sniper program.

Since my dad got the email, he graciously thanked the sender for costing me $800 and that if he felt the need to take the situation further we would love to talk with ebay about his bid history.

(after a little digging around, he was bidding on MANY four wheelers not winning any of them but just raising the price of the auctions)

Later,
    Chrome...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default Re: eBay 'love' letters from losing bidders

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    Simple, I report his ass to eBay for harassment. It's against their TOS for them to threaten you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Report him to Ebay as it is a violation of the rules. If you just let it slide then this fool will continue to either bother you or other bidders. Or PM me his email address and I'll explain to him the "ins/outs" of leaving vulgar pointless emails to people they don't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    Just reply that you didn't really need the item and have no idea what it is anyway, but you were bored and just bought it because you could (and have the money to burn). Offer to sell it to the loser for 2x you winning bid. Make sure to point out that after you receive the item, you are either going to give it away or burn it in the backyard unless he buys it from you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm guessing it was this guy....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8258801884

But seriously, what was it that this guy can't find another one?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow.. you are one lame ass mother fucker.. I can't belive some people can plan their days around when an auction ends just so they can be there and bid at the last minute..excuse me, LAST SECOND! lame ass little bitch.
    Forward it to ebay. Once per week. Until he gets banned.

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I've had a couple in the past. I just ignore them.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I was selling those DDR Mario things I had someone send me a sob story through ebay that their terminally sick kid really loved Mario and I should just give them one.

Umm... exactly how does a terminally sick kid play DDR?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have never recieved one of these e-mails, as half of the stuff I bid on noone would want anyways :P I can't snipe a bid if my life depended on it, but with the limited amount of interest on the stuff that I want, I don't really need to. I usually just use Buy-It-Now, or bid within the last hour if possible, and hope to win it. If I don't, I just go onto the next auction.

If I was to ever recieve one of these e-mails, I'd just report it to eBay, no sense responding because then they know what they did had an effect on you, and then they'll try it somewhere else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

I haven't ever gotten one of those e-mails, but the other day I felt like sending one.

I was bidding on some tickets to go to a NBA game, and I had to work that night, so I put in a max bid of 100 dollars, and I come home to find out someone sniped and won for 102. The bid came in the last few seconds of the auction... Bastards.

I had to spend more money and just get them through ticketmaster, but I know the seat numbers to that auction... I should go up to him and be like hey fucker, thanks for snipe bidding on me. lol. Now that would be funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't think I ever got one. But back in my newbie days (1999) I believe I *myself* sent a similar email, but I didn't curse. I just whined, lol. Ahhh, to be young and dumb.

Sadly, I know what it's liked to be "stalked" by a loser. Last month in fact, this clown was stalking my YouTube videos that I posted on DP (and trust me, I know he's from this site) and he was BLATANTLY leaving negative comments on all my videos and rating them 1 star each out of 5. I know which DP member it was too, he held a grudge against me because back in August 2005 he wanted me to scan him this back insert. I told him sorry I do not have a scanner and do not have the time to go to Kinko's to scan a back insert for you.

He called me an asshole and has held this silly grudge since. Talk about a crybaby. I'm anal about my games as it is. I'm not going to remove a back insert that's perfectly positioned the way it is. And most importantly, as a college student I have better things to do with my time. He put me in an awkward position and couldn't accept no for an answer, when it was ME who even led him to the DISCOVERY of said game.

ungrateful ass

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got something simular when i won Stadium Events complete. The message was this:

congrats, you paid 130 for world class track meet!
    Funny thing is that the guy who sent me this message was the next higest bidder. His bid was $2.5 lower than mine and he diss me because i payed $130 for it, but he had so to say the exact same bid lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

I usually reply with "Next time, bid HIGHER!!!"
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Here's one?

Think that talking after an auction is bad? I've twice had people bid against me during auctions and writing to taunt me while they were still going on. Translation below:

"Yo, that Sega Saturn lot is going home with me. My bids will be bigger than urs. Give it up and let me have it and wait for the next one. Oops, a lot this good goes on auction every 6 months. But if I don't like it, I can relist it after I win."

Auction was not over. I jacked the price up, knowing he had to have it, then stopped near what I thought might be his threshold and let him have it, for $70 more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a mega funny read,the last part made me laugh so hard!I never had something like this happen to me,but man he's pissed he lost it,plain hillarious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

It's pretty pathetic that people would take the time for this, but it sure gave me a good laugh.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Well I did report him after I got the message. There was little question about me doing that. It was more of what do some of our fellow board members do when approached by the same kinda situation. It's not the first one of these i've gotten, but it was by far the most colorful.

I don't think it was even something that the guy couldn't find again, its just that they've not been showing up alot recently on ebay (not to mean that there probably won't be another one in another week or two) and this ended up going for about 15 bucks less than usual, not to mention that it ended in the early afternoon on a monday. My guess is that he thought he could get it for a pretty cheap bid so he kept his max low and he got taken for a ride by my snipe. Thus is life. I've been sniped and have sniped others. It's just the way of ebay.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johno590
    I haven't ever gotten one of those e-mails, but the other day I felt like sending one.

I was bidding on some tickets to go to a NBA game, and I had to work that night, so I put in a max bid of 100 dollars, and I come home to find out someone sniped and won for 102. The bid came in the last few seconds of the auction... Bastards.

I had to spend more money and just get them through ticketmaster, but I know the seat numbers to that auction... I should go up to him and be like hey fucker, thanks for snipe bidding on me. lol. Now that would be funny.
    Wow, this thread has brought out some bitter people!!!

I have to say, you really have yourself to blame for placing a bid of $100. If you place a round figure max like this, chances are that you will always be outbid by someone popping in with a last minute snipe.

Try bidding $102.23 next time or something. If you're ready to pay $100 for something, then I'm sure you're willing to pay $2 extra. And for all you know, the guy who sniped had a max bid way over $100. Maybe it was $200 or something ...

So anyway, you didn't manage to snag some tickets on the cheap, and you had to pay a ticketmaster fee like everyone else. Sorry, but all I have to say to that is ... GET OVER IT CHUM!

It's not worth holding some monster grudge about, or going over to check their seats out to bitch to them about it - you just come across sounding like some weirdo stalker type.
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No need to respond. The fact you won is pain enough. He really wanted it bad.
    neo geo system