Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Holiday Golf - unidentified on the case, manual or disc!
    It is a bit blurry. While there is no "XY Exclusive"-Label to be found in this version, the manual ("Quick Start Guide") says: ""Purchase at Toys 'R' Us and, get $5 off Outlaw Golf for Xbox with this coupon," followed by the mail-in form with the instruction to provide the original sales receipt from Toys R Us for Outlaw Golf.

You are right that neither on the cover, in the manual, nor on the disc the exclusivity is stated; however, the manual clearly links it to Toys R Us; and since the sticker-like imprint on the cover refers to the TysRUs mail-in rebate reading "9 Holes for the Holidays! Plus $5 off the original Outlaw Golf," I assumed it is an exclusive.

If Toys R Us was the only company using this version, then it is an exclusive. Maybe others used it as well, a four page "manual" is easily reprinted, then this game isn't an exclusive for sure. I bought both versions used so I wouldn't know.

It just seemed to fit as being a Blockbuster exclusive because of all the other Outlaw Golf exclusives they had.
    This is highly unlikely. Why would Blockbuster release two different versions (manual, cover, disc, even content) of the same game at one particular time? I assume it is actually aTRus exclusive; as you pointed out, often the exclusivity-statement is missing on the disc and/or manual, why not have one case missing it on the cover as well? The manual points clearly to ToysRUs, Blockbuster as a possibility is very unlikely.

Thanks for pointing out the minor differences between the two versions -- to be honest I haven't plugged them in yet.
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-20-2007 at 01:30 PM.