Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Rare Xbox Games

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Nintendo Gamer; 01-24-2016 at 11:30 PM.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I bought a couple of games at EB I was pretty bummed to find that a couple of the games I got were without manuals and one didn't even have an original case. The one without a manual or a case was "Atari Anthology".

I ended up getting some extra covers included with a lot of XBOX cases I bought. Nothing rare and no manuals but all but two of the covers are in great shape (the last two have a few stickers on them).

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whenever I buy used games from one of those stores, I open the case to make sure the manual is in there and not in a crappy condition. No one ever says anything to me, so I am sure they are cool with it. Don't buy anything without knowing everything about it. Make sure you get the manual, especially if it's a harder to find title.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does outrun 2 come with the xbox seal on the side? I got a copy off of Amazon that claimed to be new and factory sealed but I am not sure if it was just shrinkwrapped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrench View Post
    Does outrun 2 come with the xbox seal on the side? I got a copy off of Amazon that claimed to be new and factory sealed but I am not sure if it was just shrinkwrapped.
    If I remember correctly (from working retail a few years back) the first run had an orange do not sell by whatever the street date was sticker on the side but after that initial supply I do not recall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have NEVER seen a regular (ex. not big box) x-box game that didn't have the sticker on the side. Most will also have the Y-fold seal as opposed to a regular shrinkwrapping, but this isn't always the case.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wolverinevsx23
    PSN
    wolverinevsx23

That's true. Both are $11.99-14.99 range at Gamestop/EB Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluteg View Post
    I'm almost positive Alien Hominid was only released for PS2 and Game Cube.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I am pretty sure the guy just sealed it himself. It was poorly done and I got half my money back and got to keep it.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, a couple of more games and their relative rarity to discuss...I've been looking for Stubbs the Zombie in my area for about 1 1/2 years with no luck. Another fun game I'm trying to find a nice clean upgrade for without much luck is Deathrow. Any comments on these two?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All xbox games come with the barcode seal on the long side (it's called the spine label). Microsoft uses that to track the disc throughout production, shipping, and retail.

If it doesn't have that sticker, it's been opened. Guaranteed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by misfits859 View Post
    Ok, a couple of more games and their relative rarity to discuss...I've been looking for Stubbs the Zombie in my area for about 1 1/2 years with no luck. Another fun game I'm trying to find a nice clean upgrade for without much luck is Deathrow. Any comments on these two?
    I got Deathrow from EB a few weeks back. It was only like $6.

I haven't seen Stubbs in the wild lately, but it can't be too rare. EB has it on their site in stock for $12.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by misfits859 View Post
    Both are extremely fun games, not overly common but not too difficult to find, either. (Deathrow definitely the more uncommon of the two.) If you find it at Gamestop it's only $4.99, which is great. It's a great game, and playable on the 360, to boot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I was wondering about the future rarity of the Spanish language version of Jade Empire. It didn't seem to sell too well around here, which is surprising considering the large Hispanic population here in Texas. Best Buy had them knocked down to $4.99 when they had the English version for $15. Anyone know how much smaller the print run of Spanish Jade Empire was in comparison to the original?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I spotted an ex-rental copy of Outrun 2006 at a Blockbuster the other night. First time I've ever seen it anywhere.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I was wondering about the future rarity of the Spanish language version of Jade Empire. It didn't seem to sell too well around here, which is surprising considering the large Hispanic population here in Texas. Best Buy had them knocked down to $4.99 when they had the English version for $15. Anyone know how much smaller the print run of Spanish Jade Empire was in comparison to the original?
    WTF? A Spanish version?

If what you say is true, then I'm sure most of the copies went to Mexico or Latin America. suppafly may have seen some copies, since he lives further south than me. Most of us just cross the border for our games up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    I spotted an ex-rental copy of Outrun 2006 at a Blockbuster the other night. First time I've ever seen it anywhere.
    There are still three sealed copies at my local Sam Goody store. I'd bought two a few months ago. Very little interest around here for'em apparently.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I've got a Latin American Edition of TimeSplitters 2. Found it used at a GS/EB a few years ago (in the Bay Area, which has a very big Hispanic population). Whats truly funny about it is that there is just a different cover to the insert/game/manual (and it looks better than the US cover). There is no spanish on any of the games menu's or anything else that would designate its latinness. I've also never seen any other latin versions of any games at any of the major retailers in the area.

My guess is that its(Jade Empire) rare in the States, but just not really worth anything, just like my TimeSplitters 2. On how rare it is, no clue, but I bet its a bit more common if you head a ways down into Mexico where some people have the money to buy games (and its intended market is) in the first place.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    I've got a Latin American Edition of TimeSplitters 2. Found it used at a GS/EB a few years ago (in the Bay Area, which has a very big Hispanic population). Whats truly funny about it is that there is just a different cover to the insert/game/manual (and it looks better than the US cover). There is no spanish on any of the games menu's or anything else that would designate its latinness. I've also never seen any other latin versions of any games at any of the major retailers in the area.

My guess is that its(Jade Empire) rare in the States, but just not really worth anything, just like my TimeSplitters 2. On how rare it is, no clue, but I bet its a bit more common if you head a ways down into Mexico where some people have the money to buy games (and its intended market is) in the first place.
    When I checked earlier today, www.1dollarvideogames.com had complete copies of Jade Empire available in Spanish and in good (like new) condition. They are priced at a buck. If someone wants a copy of that, they might want to drop by the site. I may be mistaken but give it a look.

Nothing I want, so you wouldn't be competing with ME for a copy of that thing

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    There is a complete copy of that game, good condition, in the pawn shop right down the street from me for $10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, everyone keeps talking about two versions of OutRun for xbox: Outrun 2 and Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast. I was pretty sure they only made 2006 Coast to Coast for the PS2. Can someone scan both xbox games side by side and add it to your post on here? I have Outrun 2 but have never seen the other one besides for the PS2 version.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.