Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's in what's out right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If the Genesis scene is heating up, I'm not seeing it in my area. Boxed titles are as cheap, if not cheaper then loose NES titles. I'm glad I got a lot of stuff I want for this system out of the way already.

SNES is definately hot. Weather I visit an overpriced store or a store that generally has good deals, the SNES games always command the highest price out of all the cart based systems (with a few N64 exceptions). Even at the flea market I visit, most vendors are asking for a $5 minimum on loose SNES games...

DC is definately hot too. Ever since I started collecting for it 1 & 1/2 years ago, it's been hard to find good & complete uncommon titles, especially the 4 shmups and the dozen or so 2D fighters. I agree that this will be a tough system to collect for in the future, especially if it continues to gain a cult popularity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Quote Originally Posted by googlefest1
    this last 6 months i have been out of knowing whats hot - but what i have noticed in CT shops is that snes systems would sell real fast -- most old systems traded in to shops are genesis systems and they would trickle out but eventualy sell off and most genesis games have been selling -- snes games have been selling slower ( i think becasue of the prices)

lately though i havent seen many genesis snes or nes games selling becasue all the shops have a plethora of the same games forsale -- even when they mark them way down - i gues anyone that is interested already has them

some one said that game.com games were out
    ive been looking for cheap game.com games and cant find any

ive noticed US saturn games down
    Exactly what I have seen because I'm in CT too.

A few months ago, when the NES craze was hot, Final Fantasy 1 LOOSE WAS $19.99!!! I was like, "Damn."
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SCEA needs a swift kick in the butt.

In regards to the games I mentioned, I am aware that those were localized, but the English versions are obscenely expensive. I want to just play these games, but I'm not made of money.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune
    SCEA needs a swift kick in the butt.

In regards to the games I mentioned, I am aware that those were localized, but the English versions are obscenely expensive. I want to just play these games, but I'm not made of money.
    I hear ya, but honestly they're not all that much more than a brand new PS2 game for instance. In regards to the Japanese versions, I still had to shell out quite a bit for my Japanese copy of Magic Knight Rayearth. I got a copy of Dragon Force from a small import store that was going out of business for $1.31 - ending up selling it on the forums for $15.00.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid
    SNES is way up across the board, as PDF said in another thread, that generation is coming into disposable income and going wild.
    Bane of my existence, can't even get a complete game.

Atari 8-bits and early Sega imports (pre-MD especially) seem out unless the name is Wonderboy (i.e. Adventure Island for SG-1000) or Phantasy Star.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@ InsaneDavid: I would buy imports, but converters and mods aren't cheap either (though I was offered a mod for my Saturn in exchange for that Zelda CE I found, 5 minutes after I sold it), plus my friends know NO Japanese -- my more responsible friends are allowed limited access to my collection (1 game at a time for one week, while I hold one of their games or DVDs of equal or slightly higher value as collateral).
    People in this area are unfortunately starting to get wise to just how valuable their games are... my user title says it all.

@ Ed Oscuro: Complete SNES games pop up in my area from time to time... want me to keep my eyes peeled for some? I intend to pick up a few Koei games that have been sitting around the Broker gathering dust later in the week.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune
    @ Ed Oscuro: Complete SNES games pop up in my area from time to time... want me to keep my eyes peeled for some? I intend to pick up a few Koei games that have been sitting around the Broker gathering dust later in the week.
    No money at the moment, and if you find any good action games, you can probably get a better deal for them from other folks. Thanks for the offer though!