3 8.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Wavebird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"So close to the release of Revolution, what do you expect?"

I expect what we have, a dying console on it's last few months of life most likely.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames

I expect what we have, a dying console on it's last few months of life most likely.
    It's sad but it really is coming to the end of it's life-cycle. But it's a natural process. We shouldn't mourn it's loss, but rather celebrate that it existed at all.

As for the Black Wavebird, i think it's too late to release it but it certainly would've been nice back in the day since the released a black console and Ascetics are so important to them.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska

It's sad but it really is coming to the end of it's life-cycle. But it's a natural process. We shouldn't mourn it's loss, but rather celebrate that it existed at all.

As for the Black Wavebird, i think it's too late to release it but it certainly would've been nice back in the day since the released a black console and Ascetics are so important to them.
    It's not too late to release it because you can use it on the Revolution.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, but let's not forget about the mod chips etc. that are available. You can still get alot of use out of your Cube.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza
    Good Point.

Yes, but let's not forget about the mod chips etc. that are available. You can still get alot of use out of your Cube.
    Bad point. Aside from that fact that modding systems is already a niche market, it's also a niche market dominated by other systems.

I can give you 10 reasons without thinking for why you should Mod an Xbox. I can't give you 1 outside of piracy for modding a GC.

The system is almost completely dead and i wish people would stop coming up with excuses like, you can mod it. The product cycle is nearly over and that means the system dies. It's natural and it's normal. It's happened the exact same way to every system before it. The Rev is coming soon and the GC has minimal 3rd party support. The time has come to let it go, just like Xbox fans will have to.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good Point.

Bad point. Aside from that fact that modding systems is already a niche market, it's also a niche market dominated by other systems.

I can give you 10 reasons without thinking for why you should Mod an Xbox. I can't give you 1 outside of piracy for modding a GC.

The system is almost completely dead and i wish people would stop coming up with excuses like, you can mod it. The product cycle is nearly over and that means the system dies. It's natural and it's normal. It's happened the exact same way to every system before it. The Rev is coming soon and the GC has minimal 3rd party support. The time has come to let it go, just like Xbox fans will have to.
    The XBOX may die, but the abilities it has means even after they stop making games, you can still use it for emulation etc. The GC has the ability to play homebrew stuff, so it will live on for some, you can play N64 games with the Viper...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Good Point.

The XBOX may die, but the abilities it has means even after they stop making games, you can still use it for emulation etc. The GC has the ability to play homebrew stuff, so it will live on for some, you can play N64 games with the Viper...
    My point was that the number of people just aren't there to keep it a float like the Xbox mod scene has. The Viper is great, but the number of people who have one or want one, is so small it won't keep the console sales there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"It's not too late to release it because you can use it on the Revolution."

So what? Do you see Sony releasing new PSOne accessories because the PS2 can use them as well in backwards compatibility mode? Those GC controller ports haven't been confirmed to be compatible with Revolution stuff at all, all the public knows is it's there for backwards compatibility.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 11-26-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those GC controller ports haven't been comfirmed to be compatible with Revolution stuff at all, all the public knows is it's there for backwards compatibility.
    Actually, I've personally seen photos released by NINTENDO that show a fold out pannel with 4 GC control ports, so it is going to be on the Revolution 100%

So what? Do you see Sony releasing new PSOne accessories because the PS2 can use them as well in backwards compatibility mode?
    The Dual Shock control for the PS1 is the same on both ps1 & 2. Any light gun or steering wheel etc. would work on both systems, so technically they are (other than the eye toy and other acessories obviously).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Did you read what was said? I said it hasn't been confirmed that the controller ports will be there for anything beyond backwards compatibility. I wasn't denying that they weren't going to be on there. But as far as being compatible with Revolution software, it hasn't been confirmed. Those ports are there for backwards compatibility, and as far as we know, that may be the only reason they're there.

Because a system will be backwards compatible doesn't mean the system will be staying alive or supported. It means those that own a Game Cube will be able to still play their games on the Revolution with their old controllers, it doesn't mean that there's necessarily a market out there for a new color of a controller.

Say Game Cube controllers through GC ports is the only way to play GC software on the system, how is that different than PSOne saves only able to be saved with PSOne memory cards on a PS2? How many new PSX memory cards from Sony do you see in Wal-Mart's and EB's?

And no, PSOne and PS2 accessories aren't really compatible in many cases. The Dual Shocks aren't the same, with differences in force feedback designs, and pressure sensitive face buttons on the DS2. They're not 100% interchangable. And memory cards aren't, multitaps, etc.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 11-26-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you read what was said? I said it hasn't been confirmed that the controller ports will be there for anything beyond backwards compatibility. I wasn't denying that they weren't going to be on there. But as far as being compatible with Revolution software, it hasn't been confirmed. Those ports are there for backwards compatibility, and as far as we know, that may be the only reason they're there.

Because a system will be backwards compatible doesn't mean the system will be staying alive or supported. It means those that own a Game Cube will be able to still play their games on the Revolution with their old controllers, it doesn't mean that there's necessarily a market out there for a new color of a controller.

Say Game Cube controllers through GC ports is the only way to play GC software on the system, how is that different than PSOne saves only able to be saved with PSOne memory cards on a PS2? How many new PSX memory cards do you see in Wal-Mart's and EB's?

And no, PSOne and PS2 accessories aren't really compatible in many cases. The Dual Shocks aren't the same, with differences in force feedback designs, and pressure sensitive face buttons on the DS2. They're not 100% interchangable. And memory cards aren't, multitaps, etc.
    Maybe I'm wrong about the PS2 controls, but as far as my argument about the GC on Revolution...

Wouldn't Nintendo naturally make the GC control compatible with those Revolution games that don't use the new controller features? Especially for downloading N64 games, you would need the GC control for certian games.

For those that argue that Nintendo's new controller is "weird" or "shit", what better way is there than to give them the CHOICE to use a normal control? Think about it...

I think that because of the failure to interest people with the GC, Nintendo want to find was to curb moaners. They stated that there will be "something for everyone". These things are what I consider to be expected on the Revo. I'll even go as far as to bet that if these features aren't on the Revo, then I won't buy one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well they've talked about releasing a controller shell that basically would make the Revolution controls into something closer to a traditional controller. Plus they've talked about other controller attachments as well. Not sure about having enough buttons, but the Revolution controller has a analog stick. I assume the Revolution controller will be all that is needed for playing downloaded games, they aren't going to make someone go out and buy a controller for a old console to play Revolution software.

Plus I think most have speculated that the thing that looks like a remote control would be the way NES software would be played at least.

I'm betting the GC controller ports will be just for those that own GC software and hardware right now, allowing them to still play their old stuff on their new console.

Then again you could be completely correct. My point all along was we don't know what those controller ports will do besides being there for backwards compatibility with the GC.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well they've talked about releasing a controller shell that basically would make the Revolution controls into something closer to a traditional controller. Plus they've talked about other controller attachments as well. Not sure about having enough buttons, but the Revolution controller has a analog stick. I assume the Revolution controller will be all that is needed for playing downloaded games, they aren't going to make someone go out and buy a controller for a old console to play Revolution software.

Plus I think most have speculated that the thing that looks like a remote control would be the way NES software would be played at least.

I'm betting the GC controller ports will be just for those that own GC software and hardware right now, allowing them to still play their old stuff on their new console.

Then again you could be completely correct. My point all along was we don't know what those controller ports will do besides being there for backwards compatibility with the GC.
    If Nintendo knows what's good for them, they will make it happen.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

If Nintendo knows what's good for them, they will make it happen.
    Haha be glad you directed that comment at Nintendo and not Atlus.

Seriously though Nintendo knows business. They've only run in the Red for two months out of the company's 117 year existense. If it's the best move to make it compatible they will, if it's not then they won't. Time will tell. Sooner or later, time will tell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    itsmeFAMOUS

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3994309 Found this online, plus i was at bestbuy, yea i know its not the best place to get games/acces. but i was bored. Anyways i found a GameShark wireless controller for the GC and it was black plus it was $20 bucks! Im not a fan of 3rd party but it was way smaller compared to the wavebirds fat @ss! But who knew gameshark them damn cheaters would make a controller. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1118842671870 whatcha think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    itsmeFAMOUS

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Pelican_...oller_GameCube Tell me this , if these 3rd party companies "gameshark,pelican,microcon" can make a few black and other color wireless controllers why wont nintendo? Variety is what i want ,not stress!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FAMOUS
    http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Pelican_Wireless_Controller_GameCube Tell me this , if these 3rd party companies "gameshark,pelican,microcon" can make a few black and other color wireless controllers why wont nintendo? Variety is what i want ,not stress!
    They release colours to match the console that's why there are only a few colours available, but the Wavebird reciever had to be gray to match the control ports, and the controller naturally matched the reciever. That's my guess anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    itsmeFAMOUS

I wish there was some representative of Nintendo that would wonder around in these forums and see what the people would like to have, then go throw the idea at some bigtime boss guy at Nintendo and get things rolling!