Thread: The Miracle Piano Teaching system questions

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Miracle Piano Teaching system questions

I have seen the Miracle Piano Teaching System as a pretty big rarity for systems like the Genesis, NES and Super Nintendo. The thing is, the guide is kinda confusing in terms of what actually is being quantified as rare, and valued at whatever amount. For some of the listings, it seems that it includes everything, for others, just the cart and for others, just the keyboard.

The Genesis version is considered a R8 with a value of $40. It also shows under non-cartridge items as a R9 with a value of $75. The $75 one is for the Keyboard, cart and all necessary hookup cables. So I'm guessing the R8 $40 one is just the Genny cart?

The Super Nintendo version actually has the cart valued seperately, as a R7 $20 for a loose cart. Then under non-cartridge items, it has it again as a R7 $80. Of course this is for the keyboard and hookups part, but does the valuation also include the cart?

For NES, the cart is rated seperately as a R4 $4 loose. Then in the non cartridge part, it has it as a R7 for $80, and says that this is for the cart and the keyboard.

Now according the information above, then this is how the loose carts for the 3 systems would be valued and considered rare:

NES - R4 - $4 loose (cart only)
    Genesis - R8 - $40 loose (cart only?)
    Super Nintendo - R7 - $20 loose (cart only)

now for the keyboard itself, considering all cables and whatnot, but no cart, this is the values:

NES - R7 - $76 (keyboard and hookups no cart)
    Genesis - R9 - $35 (keyboard and hookups no cart)
    Super Nintendo - R7 - $60 (keyboard and hookups no cart)

Now, the combined packages

NES - R7 - $80 ( whole package, not including original packaging)
    Genesis - R9 - $75 (whole package, not including original packaging)
    Super Nintendo - R7 - $80 (whole package, not including original packaging

Ok, now that is the conclusions that I've come to with the available information, but I could be totally off base on this. I've never seen one of these since the time they were originally released. By the way, does anybody have any pictures of this? I would be curious to see what the actual keyboard looks like? Is it the same keyboard for all 3 systems or is each keyboard different? If you just had the cart itself and the keyboard itself, but no other cables, what would you be missing?

I was just wondering if anybody could share any insights regarding this accessory, I've always been curious about it. I'm trying to get a handle on what these things are worth in their various forms, cause I would like to get one at some point in time, but I don't want to dramatically overpay for it. Has anybody ever sampled these for all 3 systems? Which one is the best? Worst? Any significant differences?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I can tell you is that I have never seen the Genesis or SNES versions in person, I don't think that I've seen them in pictures. I can tell you though that I have found 5 pianos in the wild and a few NES carts. It seems like the NES versions are more common.
    Viva la raza, y los putos que quieran pedo, que se metan el pinche dedo.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong1
    I have found 5 pianos in the wild and a few NES carts. It seems like the NES versions are more common.
    Pianos? It's a keyboard right? You've found 5 keyboards for the NES? I guess the cart must be pretty common to only be a R4 with a value of $4 loose. I don't remember seeing one of these, but if you can get one for $4, then it must not be that rare. It seems weird that the carts would be so frequent, did they really sell that many of those things? I wouldn't think they sold hardly any.

So do you have any of the NES pianos or carts? I would like to see a pic.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Technically they are keyboards like you said, I just call em pianos bbecause that's what they are called. The one in my avatar is mine. No I did not sell any of them, I still have them in my storage. I only have one cart. I don't buy those because I don't consider them rare. I will look for a picture for you.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are two pics

There are 3 stacked on top of the boxed one. This is not a current picture I have since acquired a 5th piano.

Those are the only two pictures I have.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Technically they are keyboards like you said, I just call em pianos bbecause that's what they are called. The one in my avatar is mine. No I did not sell any of them, I still have them in my storage. I only have one cart. I don't buy those because I don't consider them rare. I will look for a picture for you.

Is the keyboard something that you would actually be able to discern, among other miscelaneous keyboards? Does it say Software Toolworks on the keyboard, or Miracle Piano System or anything like that, or is the Keyboard rather generic?

Also, do you have any idea if the SNES or Genny keyboards look very different from the NES ones you have?

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have seen the complete genesis one on ebay once. It went for around 200 some odd dollars. It came in the exact same box with the blue sky design.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Weird. Searching completed ebay auctions, this thing is pretty cheap for NES. You're right Anthony about ~$80 complete (with cart). That's pretty cheap for a keyboard let alone a collector's item.

Can you actually play the game without the keyboard? Doesn't make sense to me that there's all these loose carts floating around without keyboards.

Of course even if I had the thing, me learning an instrument would be a miracle ( bad dum tsshh x_x )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Dear gosh, I would kill for a cart for the Genesis....

Man, how hard is it to score the cart for the Genesis? I feel that will be my last cart I will be looking for.....
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Dear gosh, I would kill for a cart for the Genesis....

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist
    Man, how hard is it to score the cart for the Genesis? I feel that will be my last cart I will be looking for.....
    It was on ebay for a week or two. Some guy trying to sell it in a lot. He kept lowering the price cause no one bid but I don't know if it sold or not finally. Started at like a 120 BIN with a ton of other games and boxed model 1, then it eventually was lowered to 69.99 bid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sorry but if there are no threats of physical violence this thread does not interest me. Carry on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw the Genesis cart once at a flea market, but I didn't grab it because I always see the NES one and I figured none were rare!

I got my complete in box MP from someone on here. I used it once; it acutally has lots of features!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1

Is the keyboard something that you would actually be able to discern, among other miscelaneous keyboards? Does it say Software Toolworks on the keyboard, or Miracle Piano System or anything like that, or is the Keyboard rather generic?

Also, do you have any idea if the SNES or Genny keyboards look very different from the NES ones you have?
    The keyboards that I have all have the NES seal of quality on the top somewhere. They also have overlays.
    For the other question, I don't know if the genny orsnes keyboards are different.
    I sure wish I could get a hold of either of these complete. If anyone knows where to get one of these complete let me know. I am willing to pay big bucks.