How do all the game stores that buy peoples used games deal with the constantly changing values? I'm talking more specifically about Xbox and PS2 and Cube games. These places give people store credit for their trade ins, and I know the values in their computer systems are constantly changing, but how do they keep up with it?

I mean, a new game will come out, like Doom 3 for the XBOX, and it's $49.99 everywhere, and maybe they will give $25 store credit for one (when the game first released), and then you get other retailers that start selling the game for a less price not too long later, and then you see some store selling them for $19.99 brand new, I mean it must be a real pain in the ass to keep up with all the changing valuations of games for the current day systems.

I haven't even mentioned all the budget titles, and the games that come out and are priced $29.99 or $19.99 from the beginning. That must make things even more complicated. I know for the major game retailers, it's probably not that big a deal, considering they give such a small amount anyways, but for the mom and pops and the independents, I have to imagine that they get burned quite a bit, unless they are constantly watching the price fluctuations. Do the big chains like GameStop and GameCrazy and EBgames have like a group of experts that are constantly watching pricing changes and constantly changing the prices for their computer systems? I would imagine so.

But what about the mom and pop operations? What about the independents? How do they keep track of the constantly changing price fluctuations of all the XBOX and PS2 games that are constantly coming out and having their prices drop a mere month or two after release?