wow perfect darks that bad? I loved the n64 version
    It dident age well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

UPDATE: I got Ghost Recon Advanced WARFIGHTER (not Warrior as I stated earlier... oops! )

It's rocks balls.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For launch games, I would go with:

King Kong
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    NBA 2K6
    COD2
    PGR3

Those are the 5 best launch games IMHO.

For recently released, I would get Fight Night Round 3, if you have any remote interest in Boxing. It's like real freaking life. At least when it comes to boxing. A ten round fight in this game, is like controlling a real boxer in a 10 round fight, it's pretty freaking spectacular.

For the next wave, I would be very interested in:

Far Cry 360
    GRAW
    Burnout Revenge 360
    Oblivion
    College Hoops 2K6 360

Xbox Live Arcade must have games:

Mutant Storm Reloaded
    Marble Blast Ultra

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

None!

The xbox 360 has no games worth spending that kind of money on.

I think DOA 4 is the only title worthy of a buy. But Im not spending that kinda flow for 1 game.

Im waiting it out! It will someday go down in price and have a lot better choices to pick from. The system is sweet ...No doubt!

I guess i just don't understand what the big deal is. People are freaking out over this new xbox. Hell bring on the new Nintendo and ps3!!!!!!

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

G.R.A.W, get it, you won't regret it... its perfect on and offline..
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow - this thread sure has a range of choices, eh?

Here's the games I enjoy:

COD2, Quake4, Kameo, PGR3

Of course, do yourself a favor -

1. Get XBox Live set up.
    2. Download a trial version of every XBox Live Arcade game.
    3. Spend the $62.50 for some Microsoft Points.

I bet you'll find that you spend that $62.50 on games you can't stop playing!

XLA games that I like: Geometry Wars, Crystal Quest, Joust, Zuma, Marble Blast.

Before I got my 360, I said... "I'll never spend $5 on silly little old games." Boy, was I wrong.
    Need. More. Games.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by residentvania
    None!

The xbox 360 has no games worth spending that kind of money on.

I think DOA 4 is the only title worthy of a buy. But Im not spending that kinda flow for 1 game.

Im waiting it out! It will someday go down in price and have a lot better choices to pick from. The system is sweet ...No doubt!

I guess i just don't understand what the big deal is. People are freaking out over this new xbox. Hell bring on the new Nintendo and ps3!!!!!!

Yes. You don't understand. Hope this helps. Pound for pound the Xbox 360 games are as good as anything out there. It just lacks the 'Halo', 'Resident Evil 4', etc.

Later,
    Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need to ammend my list. I picked up Ghost Recon last night, and it is frickin awesome.

Run, don't walk, and get it!
    Need. More. Games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im not saying its a bad system. I just said i don't understand why everyone is freaking out over the 360. Why not wait it out awhile and spend alot less. Plus it will have better games later on.

Im not much of a xbox fan. Thats why im not all about it. Plus $400.00 for the system with hard drive is just SICK.
    Or $300.00 but then you have to buy a bunch of shit. Not like back in day. I remember buying an atari new. And getting 2 controllers, paddles and a game. And that was all you needed to start out. Same goes for the NES..You got 2 controllers, a pack in game and a light gun. Now, with The xbox 360 you have to buy a bunch of crap. And those extra's aren't cheap...$20 For a face plate, $100 for hard drive, Wireless conroller $50 and regular controller $40. Microsoft is stickin' it to you!

But not me...I'll wait to get it cheaper and have more to choose from in games. Like maybe some RE 5 action.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Im not saying its a bad system. I just said i don't understand why everyone is freaking out over the 360. Why not wait it out awhile and spend alot less. Plus it will have better games later on.

Im not much of a xbox fan. Thats why im not all about it. Plus $400.00 for the system with hard drive is just SICK.
    Or $300.00 but then you have to buy a bunch of shit. Not like back in day. I remember buying an atari new. And getting 2 controllers, paddles and a game. And that was all you needed to start out. Same goes for the NES..You got 2 controllers, a pack in game and a light gun. Now, with The xbox 360 you have to buy a bunch of crap. And those extra's aren't cheap...$20 For a face plate, $100 for hard drive, Wireless conroller $50 and regular controller $40. Microsoft is stickin' it to you!

But not me...I'll wait to get it cheaper and have more to choose from in games. Like maybe some RE 5 action.

Try playing the games and focusing less on the costs. DOA4 amazing, COD2 amazing, Condemned amazing, Live Arcade amazing, Live Market Place amazing, there's so many little things it does above and beyond what you'd expect.

Besides in today's world it's not like $399 is an unreasonable price to pay. Microsoft isn't sticking it to you, they're just playing the game. Business is business.

These aren't the good old days of yore. Technology is expensive.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you not read what i wrote?? I didn't say it was a bad system And DOA does look great. But why not wait for it to take a price drop? Plus theres not many great games for the 360 at the moment.

These are my opinions!!! I know not everyone agrees with me and thats fine. Im an old gamer...Id rather play atari and nintendo over x box anyday of the week. I think playstation is the better newer console. PS3 will probably blow the xbox away. And at the same time have a great selection of games to choose from. Games like halo and grand theft auto bore me to death.

I know im not living in the good ole days and technology is exspensive these days. But why so many damn add ons at such a hefty price tag?

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know im not living in the good ole days and technology is exspensive these days. But why so many damn add ons at such a hefty price tag?

Why are you junking up a thread about the best Xbox 360 games to get when you don't even have an Xbox 360.

Stay out of the thread.

Backon topic:

I enjoyed Perfect dark Zero, thought it was great.
    King Kong was fun also.
    But both of them were to short and had their flaws.

I'm enjoying Full Auto right now also. Awesome graphics an explosions.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im not junking up a thread dumba**! all i was saying is the x box 360 is too exspensive and theres not much great games yet. And just because someone doesn't have an x box 360 doesn't mean they can't post an opinion.

Jonjandran maybe you shouldn't let my opinions hurt you so much...Thats what gets me about these threads. You can't say how you feel on something without someone getting their pants all wet.

Now go ahead and talk about 360 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with jonjandran... The thread's topic is I just got a 360, not What I hate about a 360 even though I don't own one.

Now, for me to get back on subject, I rented Amped 3 and was pleasantly surprised enough to buy it (used on Ebay).

I've played a couple different snowboarding games in the past, but Amped 3's story line, cut-scenes, and art style are quirky enough to make me want to play more.

Some of the cut scenes are mixtures of old Saturday morning cartoons, Anime, and claymation (like Gumby). Very original for a "sports" game.
    Need. More. Games.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

im not junking up a thread dumba**! all i was saying is the x box 360 is too exspensive and theres not much great games yet. And just because someone doesn't have an x box 360 doesn't mean they can't post an opinion.
    Nobody's saying you can't have an opinion. All we're saying is that maybe you should re-examine your stance based on the fact that there are a lot of solid titles in the eyes of the community and the unit isn't that expensive for the technology it contains.

Part of having an opinion is facing criticism. If you voice your opinon you have to face the thoughts of those with different opinions. When the two sides meet you have a discussion.

Now all that aside your opinion isn't actually relative to the subject being discussed in this thread. It's a thread about what's worth buying on the 360, not is the 360 worth buying.

Ricther has already laid down the money for one and now he wants to know what to buy, that's all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: just got a xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmount
    I spent 400 at circuit but have no games with it , whats the top recommendation for a 1st game?
    That's the topic, not rather or not you consider it's worth the money, residentvania.

I agree, stay on topic. The poster doesn't care if you think it was worth the money he spent on it, clearly the poster and many others considered it worth the money.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 08-10-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I don't own a 360 yet, but my reccomendations are:

Amped 3
    Burnout: Revenge
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

However, if you already played another version of one of the latter 3, Don't bother with the 360 version of it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    I don't own a 360 yet, but my reccomendations are:

Amped 3
    Burnout: Revenge
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

However, if you already played another version of one of the latter 3, Don't bother with the 360 version of it.
    Unless you're a Gamer Point addict. :P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats fine! I understand what you all are saying.

I myself believe the 360 has nothing to offer to me at this point in time. I don't like shooters, sports games, or war games. And thats what the new current systems seem to have the most of. Thats probably why im such a nintendo/atari fan. Im an old school gamer. I own the first xbox but only paid $50 for it. I own only 3 games: ninja gaiden black, house of the dead 3 and gauntlet seven sorrows. Every time i look to buy new games for it...There's nothing that i like. Every game i see is either gangster related, a shooter or sports. Not my type of games.

Well i think you heard all you want to hear of me. So i'll leave with my own opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got perfect dark zero and enjoying alot , I think some of the players didnt get the info about the 1st level was kinda meant to be a turn off (one level they had these 2 scientist commentaring the 1st level of the game)
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)