Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disgaea 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Disgaea 2

I was at GameStop yesterday and they had opened up the reserve SKU for this, so I went ahead and reserved a copy. Has anyone imported it and played it yet? Also, I know in Japan there's a regular edition and a collector's edition of the game, but I've yet to find a site (in English, anyway) that says what the difference is. Does anyone know?
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

www.doublejumpbooks.com

If you are a Disgaea fan you need to go there. They have all the answers or can help you. :P

To answer your question- Japan got 2 versions of Makai Senki Disgaea 2. A standard version with just the game and a LE version which includes a 48 page full color artbook and a 2 disc soundtrack.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a trailer available

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I... want... this...

Not gonna reserve yet, though. I haven't had a problem getting any of Nippon Ichis or even Atlus games on launch date without reserving since Disgaea. They seem to ship a ton of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh great, just what my social life needs. Thank god it comes out in the summer, I don't need to fail out of school over this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

In preparation for it's upcoming release, I received the Disgaea 2 strategy guide from Double Jump this morning.

...640 pages.

I'm not talking about 100's of pages of fluff and artwork. It's 640 pages of cold, hard data. I've had some chemistry books that were smaller than this guide. I suppose it makes sense for a game where you can level to 9999. I think the 360 might finally get some time off in the next few months...I can't wait.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh no...my social life is going to be murdered again. Oh wait, social life? NM! Lol. God I was so addicted to the first one, I LOVED IT. Got to about level 3000 something and finally beat it. I wanted to try and level up high enough to go fight Item God 2 in the random dungeon area, but I just couldn't put that much time in. I'm all over this sequel though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh fuck I just started law school. Shit there goes my hope of getting in the top 50% this semester

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've spent tons and tons of money on a Saturn and all the good, expensive Saturn games (plus a handful of expensive Sega CD games) in the past month or so, and have been playing those like a crazy wiener. When Disgaea 2 comes out I'll probably play it exclusively for months and feel guilty I spent so much money on games I'm not playing.

I think the original Disgaea is one of the three greatest games from the PS2/X-Box/Gamecube generation (Katamari Damacy and Guitar Hero being the others), and the best strategy RPG of all time. I've played the bejesus out of it, and there's still tons to do. It never stops.
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirhansirhan
    I think the original Disgaea is one of the three greatest games from the PS2/X-Box/Gamecube generation (Katamari Damacy and Guitar Hero being the others)
    Add Resident Evil 4 to that list, and ours would match entirely.

I'd dropped out of the gaming world until the end of this year, but I'm afraid Disgaea 2 will bring me back in early. And I haven't even finished Makai Kingdom yet!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I'll be picking this one up and the guide which is probably going to end up being a needed component to this game.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Preorder it direct from Nippon Ichi and you get bonus materials. One of which is a Prinny mouse cursor.

DOOD!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmiley381
    Preorder it direct from Nippon Ichi and you get bonus materials. One of which is a Prinny mouse cursor.

DOOD!
    Yeah, I just looked, and you can get the game, the strategy guide, the manga that's coming out, and the pre-order stuff (a soundtrack, manual data (whatever that is), the prinny cursor, and an art book) for $74.99, except that they are out of the art book. I'm going to go ahead and stick with my GameStop reserve and pick up the strategy guide on my own (I can get it for about $15), which is all I really want, and it'll come out cheaper than getting it from Nippon Ichi directly. Hopefully I won't regret this decision later. (I'd pre-order it from them if they still had the art book available; at least now I know to check their website for pre-orders before going to dumbass GameStop.)
    Feedback thread here

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For those of us in the UK there's some pre-order bonuses for Disgaea 2 and Atelier Iris 2 - but only from one retailer.

Eurogamer link:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66839

I'm signed up for the Atelier Iris 2 bundle already
    Putting together a PAL Mega-CD site at http://www.sega-mega-cd-library.co.uk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since my last post in this thread (about 18 hours ago) and now, I realized that I am an idiot and should pre-order the game and guide directly from Nippon Ichi (luckily, I realized this in time to actually do it, so thanks for the heads up). I got the package that has the game and guide but not the manga for $66 (+ $5 shipping USPS Priority), and even factoring in shipping fees and the substantial discount I would've gotten on the strategy guide if I had bought it in my local bookstore, it worked out $2 cheaper from Nippon Ichi and I get the pile of exclusive pre-order goodies (sans the art book; poop). Now I just have to hope they ship it out at such a time that I get it roughly the same time it shows up in stores around here, or else I'll go insane with jealousy for the people who got it before me.

I guess I'll apply the $5 I put down on it at GameStop towards Okami, which I also have pre-ordered.
    Feedback thread here

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

manual data is pdf copy of the manual you get at time of order.

Pre-orders opened August 1st and the Art Book sold out in about 24 hours. It was a crazy 24 hours too with lots of confusion and about 10 pages of posts over at CheapAssGamer.com.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apparently this game is the size of Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom combined! That's why the guide is so big.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some lucky people got their package already (for those that ordered from DJB/NIS). I hope I can get it early, if not, Ultimate Ghosts n goblins should keep me busy till it arrives.

Btw, heres the link (from gamefaqs disgaea 2 board) that talks about it being released early, with pics provided by those that received it:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=30174875

and from double jumps disgaea 2 board:

http://www.doublejumpbooks.com/yabbs...p?topic=4224.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I picked up the game yesterday and played about 3 hours last night. Here is my short 3-hour-in review: It's very similar to the first game with better graphics. The gameplay is almost identical to Disgaea so far. The music, the sharp 2-D sprites, and overall presentation is as good as it will ever get (on the PS2). No 16:9 or 480p however.
    Excellent game.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I still haven't gotten the package I pre-ordered from Nippon Ichi, nor have I gotten an email saying that it has shipped. This sucks. I'm dying to play this game.

Anyone else who pre-ordered from Nippon Ichi either get theirs or are having the problem I'm having?
    Feedback thread here