Thread: halo2 anybody?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default halo2 anybody?

lookin for some REAL people to play with on halo2. tired of trying to make friends with annoying kids and shit talkers. im gettin on xbl right after this post... so if youre gettin on soon, add "dj2x". TS rating is currently a 30... goes up and down depending on the modders/standbyers/bridgers ect...
    maybe youd wanna join my Clan "NES". not active... just needs members to play.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Umm... I played the hell out of that like a year ago.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you are my most favorite person on here. im donating some meseta to you. youre welcome.

why'd you quit playing? couldnt get higher than a 12 in MM?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Well a year ago, 12 WAS an average rank in MM...
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

was it? hmm. its been awhile.
    matchmaking has gone to fuck do to cheaters. id like to think 37 is as high as you can go legit. every thing above is a cheater keeping the Real 50's below a glass ceiling.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I lost four games in a row today due to the following series of events:

I get 13 kills. No one else gets into double digits.
    I get modded.
    I get standbyed.
    I get 8 kills, play alone for 1/2 of the game, and get beaten 50 - 17 or something ridiculous like that.

My rank drops from 30 to 28.

I also got "bridged" (I'm assuming) a few games later.

Once you hit 30, the number of cheating bastards is just ridiculous. I hit 30 for the first time today, and then my first four games as one are the ones above. If you don't get cheated, you get a bunch of retards who have their mods turned off and should be level 10.

I guess I deserve it, since I've cheated before. But, in all honesty, it's nearly impossible to get above 33 or 34 without doing illegal shit. It's a shame, because the game is really fun to play.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cheaters drove me away from this game.
    I was pretty damn good at it too.

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captain nintendo
    Bungie still doesn't have control over their own network?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    Quote Originally Posted by captain nintendo
    Bungie still doesn't have control over their own network?
    It's not that, so much as it's the number of 2 month trial accounts. My understanding is that it takes some time for Xbox Live network to detect and ban modding accounts, and until it does you gotta deal with modding.

Of course, for all I know modders may have found a way around the detection setup. It's not exactly an area I keep up on.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Modders find ways around the "ban hammer" and the two onth free subscriptions just cater to them. The good news is that the 2 month free deals are getting to their expiration dates and I haven't seen any new games with the 2 month free. That being said I have seen 48 hr free for xbox live gold on the 360, I don't think you can use it on the xbox 1.

I know a couple players (friends list) that are legit 35-36 players and they say the higher you go the worse the cheating gets, which is something I would expect.

Needless to say I've played Halo 2 two times in the last month and I wasn't modded against in any of the matches, though I did get in a match that my whole team quit.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The modding isn't anywhere near the levels it was at 6 months ago. I still see it occasionally, but for the most part, its not as big an issue as it was.

Staying at or above 30 is extremely difficult in the team games. I'm getting sick of all the losers that "derank," team kill, leave at the start of a game they don't like, or simply don't play worth a damn. I rarely venture into the team games anymore unless I'm with a group of people I can mostly trust. Its not worth playing otherwise.

That said... I've been having the most fun lately playing multi-team in the unranked playlists with two or three guys I know. There's a lot of newbies in there, but for the most part, they're clean, fun games. Not nearly as many freaks or a-holes as some of the other playlists.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all too true.
    like i said before if you can hold a 35 legit, your a 50 in my book. how else could you reach a 50 with all the cheaters in the higher levels just tryin to get a moon or sun?
    ive been bouncing from a 27 to 33 for awhile now.
    multi team is a good way to still play mm with out getting cheated.
    i just wish bungie would put me on the banhammer team. id work for min. wage, and put in overtime just to get rid of all the cheaters.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie
    The modding isn't anywhere near the levels it was at 6 months ago. I still see it occasionally, but for the most part, its not as big an issue as it was.

Staying at or above 30 is extremely difficult in the team games. I'm getting sick of all the losers that "derank," team kill, leave at the start of a game they don't like, or simply don't play worth a damn. I rarely venture into the team games anymore unless I'm with a group of people I can mostly trust. Its not worth playing otherwise.

That said... I've been having the most fun lately playing multi-team in the unranked playlists with two or three guys I know. There's a lot of newbies in there, but for the most part, they're clean, fun games. Not nearly as many freaks or a-holes as some of the other playlists.
    True. I think the problem is that so many people do it, people just give up and join them. That's what me and my buddy did after playing for like 6 months. We just played the game to mess around, blow ourselves up, and piss people off. There was no way we could hit past level 28 - 29, so what's the point of playing "for real"?

It was actually really fun, to be honest about it. Stupid? Absolutely. But I can see why people do it.

I don't do it any more; it gets lame after awhile. Still, nonetheless, pretending to be "derankers" in double team then sticking both other guys on the head was classic. Blowing up your entire team at the beginning of the game is also quite hilarious, depending on if you get any 12 year olds on your side. Modding while the other team screams at you and threatens to kill you is also quite entertaining.

I think Bungie's done a good job cutting down on the shitty gametypes/maps you play. Yes, I'm looking at you Coagulation.

I don't even plug in my headset any more. No trash talk or messing around, just play.

And when you get a good game, it's way better than being a jackass or having a high number next to your tag can ever be. If anyone ever wants to play team slayer, hit me up at Fuzzy Johnson.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default I have played alot

I have played ALOT of Halo 2 from day one. There will always be cheaters on any large game of this scope. For me, I am going on being ranked 20+ on 6 on 6, Big Team Battle, Team Slayer and Team Skirmish. I play to have fun. I dont care about ranks that much anymore, and just enjoy the games that are legit. I still think it is one of the better online games for consoles with all the issues. There is some rumors about Halo going on Marketplace, if they add live play consider me done with Halo 2
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist