Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ikaruga Preorders!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Am I a graphics whore?

OK, I've always had a disdainful, elitist attitude toward videogamers that IMO liked games because of pretty graphics, giving no consideration toward whether or not a game actually played well, or was fun. I was fairly snobbish about it, thinking they didn't care whether or not a game was fun to play, only caring about how it looked.

Well, I'm having self-doubts now about my conviction. Yes, I did preorder Ikaruga several weeks ago, after having read about it online and hearing people rave about how great it is. However, I'd never seen or played it myself.

Now I see the pictures of it above, and I think to myself, DAMN!, that is a beautiful game! The graphics blow me away to the same degree Myst did when it originally came out. I think the game looks very, very gorgeous, and I am now a lot more anxious to get my copy than I was before seeing the pictures. Does this make me a graphics-whore? Who cares? I can't wait to play Ikaruga. It looks phenomenal, and from what I've read it's likely to have gameplay that rivals Xevious, and old favorite of mine.

I haven't bothered to look it up yet. I really hope Rosh Hashannah/Yom Kippur doesn't fall on the same day I get my copy.

We'll see....

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ikaruga

Teddman,

Yeah, it is really cool living near there. Let me know when you are going to stop by. I usually go there every two weeks to play some Virtual on 2, Ikaruga and the bemani games.

Noahsmybro: Yeah, not only is Ikaruga beautiful but the gameplay is very tight and very frantic and well worth the 60+ dollars. I just wish I had one of those vertical arcade monitors to play it on or I'll just rotate my tv sideways to support the vertical effect...hehe.

Kyosuke75