Thread: Maybe I overpaid a bit, but this is awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Maybe I overpaid a bit, but this is awesome

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8263521233

Unbelievable story I have for this. It was 9:09 and I had the auction up on my screen, meanwhile my brother was bugging me to use the PC, and when he gets in that mood it means "I'm using it and I'm using it for a LOOOONG time, so screw yaself."

The auction was ending at 9:25. I couldn't put in a bid at 9:10... no way!

Then my phone rings. It's one of my girl friends who wanted me to help her with her boyfriend coz she messed up. She called it "the greatest plan ever devised"... so I entertained her for a while. I went to my room for privacy and my bro took over the PC. At this point I just kind of thought "Oh well, I'll wait for the game some other time... I don't really need a GBA now do I...."

So after 13 minutes on the phone with my friend I casually walk back to the computer room, expecting my brother to be immersed in it full force. Imagine my surprise when he was back to playing Final Fantasy XI!!

I checked the clock and it said 9:24!!! I rushed to the auction and typed in my info.

There were less than 12 seconds to go! I put in my bid and....

ONE SECOND SNIPE! Holy crap... I couldn't believe my luck.

The seller's low % probably helped a bit, but the items arrived today in MINT condition (just as pictured) and I laugh at how EarthBound is bigger than the GBA itself! I remember the GBA being small, but not THIS small!

I just tested EB and it plays without me needing to clean it or anything, so I'm very happy. Now I just gotta pick up Circle of the Moon and I'm good to go. Man... this ranks right up there with the best eBay auctions I ever won. Not per se in terms of lowest price but more so in memory. From the phone call to the brother to even the seller's low positive feedback rating -- I played and beat the odds, lol.

Anyone with similar experiences? Anyone else ever did a 1 second snipe before? Crazy crazy..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THat was a good deal. I paid that much JUST for the EB cart (also mint) alone, so that GBA is a very nice added bonus! Way to go man!