Thread: "The Outfit" is god-awful!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Default "The Outfit" is god-awful!!

I bought this game last night on a whim. It's going back today. Ultra-suckage.

Don't buy this game people. It's friggin awful. And the 'destruction' (if you can call it that) is not even near as impressive as, say, Full Auto. And the graphics? Xbox 1 quality.

This would've made a good original Xbox game. But, I'm sorry people. Don't waste your money if you were thinking about getting this.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think it's that bad. At first it feels like just another 3rd person WW2 game, but the more you play it, the deeper it gets. It even has a few RTS elements.

I like being able to call in air drops for anything I want. And the game gives quite a bit of freedom to try different things.

I don't think the graphics are that bad, and I actually think the enviromental destruction is pretty awesome.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

I played The Outfit last night at Gamecrazy and didnt really like it either. Not too impressive for a 360 game.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm....

The graphics are beyond what Xbox, though not impressive if you have played GRAW. I think the single player is dreary, but the multiplayer, while unimpressive, can be alot of fun. It's much the same as Battlfield 1942 for the PC, with the additional fact that you have a small squad following you around. The flame thrower was fun..

Besides we're all going into Oblivion on Tuesday anyways...

The Outfit has a demo available online, try before you buy...

Later,
    Trebuken

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Why didn't you just download the demo from the Marketplace?

Seriously, spend some time with it. LEARN IT. Most people expect a basic 3rd person shooter, and it's so much more.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't believe the bad rap this game has been getting. The demo was one of the most enjoyable 360 experiences I've had to date. The original Xbox could NOT pull off the graphics in this game (if you think otherwise, take a class on 3D modeling and animation - you'll quickly see that the difference is immense). Its combat and tactical system is deeper than anyone is giving it credit for, and while the single player is indeed a weak point, the multiplayer is a ton of fun. To each his own, of course, but I definitely consider one of the better 360 games thus far.

It is a shame, though, that it's being put out right in the middle of GRAW, BF2 and other similar gems. That's gonna cost it the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    Why didn't you just download the demo from the Marketplace?

Seriously, spend some time with it. LEARN IT. Most people expect a basic 3rd person shooter, and it's so much more.
    Because I'm on DSL lite and it takes almost a whole day to download a 400 meg file.

Oh well, I got a free faceplate out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default not impressed, it deserves to be panned

I downloaded the demo, and frankly I was not impressed at all. Frankly, I am burnt out on military games in general. Secondly, if I am to pay more for my games now, I am going to expect more as well. What part of this so-so war game could not be done on the xbox . While I know the games will get better looking, they arent right now. The Outfit is a half-assed shelf filler compared to GRAW. I am sorry for the fans who like it, but multiple ratings on the net speak differently.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

I too, downloaded the demo and didn't care for this game much. Looks weak compared to the other titles and I just didn't have any fun with it.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this game has been getting a bad rap. Grant it, the graphics, are OK, but what sets this game apart is the "command and conquer" style of gameplay.. its fun, and takes me back to the last time I play C&C.... the graphics are a letdown, but if you want some good RTS on the x360, this one might be what you're looking for.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eh, the XBox probably could pull it off. Sniper Elite has levels that are almost as large with higher resolution textures and MUCH better animations even if the models have a much lower polygon count.

I was really disappointed in it overall. I found too much inconsistent bs with how easily your guys can get phased/knocked down vs. firing a tank round directly at the feet of a Nazi soldier and him being completely unaffected. I encountered tons of glitches in it too with clipping, shooting through walls, guys getting stuck hovering in mid-air. Really disappointing to me.

Mostly disappointing because if some things were fixed with it I could tell it would be a game I love. For now I'd feel retarded if I spend $63.59 on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I couldn't disagre more. The campaign is a great co-op experience. The sense of destruction and chaos is great. The freedom to call in whatever you want and build your own strategy is fantastic.

I agree that you can't play it as a 3rd person shooter. Running around killeing guys isn't going to get you anywhere. It's all about the RTS elements. Controlling flags, setting up defenses, its all essential to victory. Multiplayer games turn into chess matches of offensive and defensive strategies. It's a refreshing change and a nice new twist on the usual 3rd person shooter.
    Xbox Live: Ikari Warrior
    PSN: IkariWarrior

My collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/jaysweet99
    My theater: http://gallery.avsforum.com/showgall...ppuser/7596262

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari Warrior
    I couldn't disagre more. The campaign is a great co-op experience. The sense of destruction and chaos is great. The freedom to call in whatever you want and build your own strategy is fantastic.

I agree that you can't play it as a 3rd person shooter. Running around killeing guys isn't going to get you anywhere. It's all about the RTS elements. Controlling flags, setting up defenses, its all essential to victory. Multiplayer games turn into chess matches of offensive and defensive strategies. It's a refreshing change and a nice new twist on the usual 3rd person shooter.
    Don't get me wrong.... This would've made a great game on the regular Xbox. But to me, it just didn't feel like it belonged on the 360. I guess thats my gripe.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's wrong with it being on the 360? I just don't see why it matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Nothing really... It just didn't feel very 'next-gen' to me except during the cutscenes.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

The game just sounds like a WW2 setting version of Mercenaries. I thought Mercenaries was an excelent game, with the ability to go pretty much anywhere like GTA, destroy a shitton of stuff and do the missions/extras at your leisure. If its anything like that, it would be good in my book, even if the graphics wern't ZOMG.

I mean the 360 is still new, not everything is going to look amazing just yet. It took the PS2 a good year before things really started to look and play really well. The games that are coming out now are still early first gen games.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Outfit ain't gonna happen on the original Xbox. Somebody doesn't realize they can airlift units, I think

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    The Outfit ain't gonna happen on the original Xbox. Somebody doesn't realize they can airlift units, I think

Regardless, my main issues with the game involve the controls, damage levels of the weapons, and the glitches/hit detection issues I kept running into. I think the Uprising games handled this type of gameplay much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm, that is a good comparison. I could see it if you took detail off the buildings and the ground in particular.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah as an earlier poster said the game is in many ways Mercenaries in WWII.

One graphical thing I do love about the game is shooting at water, that never gets old. Too bad all the characters are descendants of Rastan when it comes to interaction with it though.

Great voice talent too.