Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: games you really want to like, but just don't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default games you really want to like, but just don't

Are there any games that you really want to like, but just don't?

For me it's Phantasy Star Collection for the GBA.

I was never into the Phantasy Star games on SMS and Genesis, so I thought this would be a cheap way to get acquainted with the series.

I've tried my best to get into each PS game on the cart. I've restarted each of them a number of times, but just can't do it.

I'm still keeping it in my collection, and I'll probably try each of them a couple of more times. Hopefully I'll like them soon

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Zelda Wind Waker. I love the graphics but I just can't motivate myself to play through it. I was like this with Majoras Mask as well. Too bad because I really liked Ocarina of time and Link to the Past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Most puzzle base games I just can't get into. There are just that rare few that I enjoy.

For some reason I'm not that excited about Kingdom Hearts 2. The first one I loved and was addicted too, but now it just seems like meh to me. Maybe when I get my hands on it I'll change my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks: a game that sounded like heaven in the previews I read, but turned out to be a tedious button-masher with a perspective that often made it hard to see what's going on.

Shadow of the Colossus: a beautiful and brilliant game that's just way too rough around the edges. for my tastes.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perfect Dark Zero. Oh my god. Welcome to 2000.

Banjo Tooie. The first one is fantastic, this one took its cues from DK64 and thus shot itself in the foot with a 12 gauge.

Deus Ex Invisible War. The first one is my numero uno favorite game of all time, but this one just had waaaaay too much cut -- stuff that made its prequel fantastic -- and was dumbed down to the point of being a generic FPS.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

The biggest ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Metal Gear series, and any Zelda game after The Adventure of Link on NES.

Chris

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    Shadow of the Colossus: a beautiful and brilliant game that's just way too rough around the edges. for my tastes.
    I knew there had to be more people out there.

Liking Elder Scrolls would take a lot of the flack off of me too.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Megaman games.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

ocarina of time..

i've tried so many times to like that piece of turd..

horrible play control, borring boring combat...first person boomerang? wtf? first person bow? arggh...horse racing?? what?!, no jump button? crap camera...awfull story

HEY!!!

HEY!!!

HEY LINK I'M AN ANOYING FUCKING FAIRY THATS GOING TO INTERUPT YOU EVERY 4 SECONDS

HEY HEY HEY!!

blarg

I really wanted to like HEY HEY !
    SHUT UP FAIRY #$^&$%&*

HEY...

ahem yeah, it blows ;-)

*runs off to kill his own fairy

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-SAMMY
    Zelda Wind Waker. I love the graphics but I just can't motivate myself to play through it. I was like this with Majoras Mask as well. Too bad because I really liked Ocarina of time and Link to the Past.
    wow, took the words right out of my mouth

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Quote Originally Posted by Tan
    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-SAMMY
    wow, took the words right out of my mouth
    Wow, same goes for me. Truer words have never been spoken such as those. I also never could get into Halo. I used to like the early FPS' like Wolfenstein and Doom, but Halo is just too overhyped for me. Same goes for Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine (though I love every other Mario game).

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Baten Kaitos. I tried, several times, to get into it. The world itself looks beautiful and fun to explore, but the battle system bites, the voice-overs are horrible (not to mention done in a bathroom... *echo echo*), and the story just didn't compel me to continue.

Killer 7. I WANTED to like it. Very badly. But I just couldn't. The gimp-like character just made me shudder every time I had to listen to that distorted, stupid voice of his. I wanted to turn off the system as soon as I saw him. Usually I'd mute the game and play. After about half-way through, I just couldn't take it anymore, and shelved it for good. I may try and give it another go in the future, but not likely.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I loved Sands of Time. The gameplay is essentially there... but the mind-numbing "extreme" makeover ruined the feel for me. The puzzles didn't feel as fresh or intriguing. The addition of those stupid chase sequences was just too much. Couldn't do it. I never bothered to even look at the third installment.

Finally, there's KOTOR. It sounded great. First games I bought when I picked up an Xbox were Halos 1 & 2, and KOTOR. Maybe I just don't like RPGs? Anyways, it bored me to tears. I just felt slow and uninteresting. I tried another Bioware title in Jade Empire, and similarly didn't like it. Ehh. Maybe they just aren't my type of game.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Insert Coin (Level 0) sharkbates's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any Japanese turn-based RPG. Try to get into them, just can't.

But hey, they collect well.

Strawberry (Level 2) heyricochet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Pikmin Series: I've never really liked RTS's in general, but I really wanted to like this game. I've been able to get into it for hours at a time, but then after that I won't play it for months.

Any Final Fantasy, or really RPGs in general: I don't know why I can't play rpgs, but any rpg I'll play for a bit and then get bored with it after a while. So I'll end up playing for 15 minutes a day and then just stop playing possibly forever.

Missile Command: Yes its a classic, yes its been played by large amounts of people who love it. That doesn't change the fact that the game is just boring. Can't really explain it, just have no interest at all.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

ico, colossus.

they look good , and i know that technically they are good, but god help me i fucking hate them. id rather be picking up shard of glass wiht my anus than play them =[

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Project Justice great looking game seems to have a good combat system but damn I hate getting cheaply raped by the ai.

Valkerie Profile Its been sold now so I wont have a chance again. i tried to like it 2-3 times.

Final Fantasy tactics.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Skateboarding games and soccer games, because even if the game is well done, I can't get past the fact that I see no point in either affair, particularly when one involves a culture I could care less about, and the other lost its priviledges as a true sport when the wimps decided the world championship with penalty kicks.

Pat LaFontaine never needed penalty shots.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

Xenosaga - I tried really hard to like this game, but I felt like I was watching a really bad japanese cartoon the whole time. The combat was fun when it was there, but there just was not enough of it. Once I met "Little Master", I had enough and wiped the save game off my memory card. Did this series ever even tie into Xenogears at all?

Halo - The combat is fun, I will give it that. I just can't stand those damn repetitive levels. I keep trying though, and will eventually pick up Halo 2. The first person that calls me a "fag" for this can eat a brick.

Phantasy Star 2 - I picked this up at a Gamecrazy a year ago, complete with the manual. I normally have no problem playing older games, but this one just doesn't grab me at all.
    "Hail Xenu!!!" - Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metal Gear Soild - Twin Snakes
    Incredible artwork, and funky game design. The camera angles and controls drives me crazy. Oh yeah and the vocal sample when you die. Snake?, Snake?.... Sssnnnnaaaakkkeeeeeee! - I persist though

Monkey Ball - You think a game with monkeys & balls would be fun. Just not my thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the GTA series. I know there very well done games, made up a new genra of games (sandbox). but for the life of me i just can't get into them. I still don't have any of the games.