Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
Quote Originally Posted by Candycab
From what I have seen the games look to be maybe around the same graphical level as the DS at best and nowhere near the PSP.
Do you have one? The hard specs and some of the screenshots for a couple of games suggest more PSP than DS. Very clean texturing. This thing had almost NO support and from what I've read NONE of the games are pushing the hardware. If you actually have a Gizmondo and one of the more advanced games (Rich Burns Racing maybe?) I'd love to hear your honest hands-on opinions.

I had a chance to play something called Trailblazer which wasnt really too bad ,rather easy overall though I didnt spend a whloe lot of time playing it.

He also had a Motorcross game that pretty much sucked , it had a nice prerendered background on all the screens but the bikes themselves looked more sprite based and the frame rate wasnt very good at all. It wasnt fun to play and felt very clumsy.

I will say that the game that did actually get me interested in the Gizmondo itself was the Richard Burns game , I havent played it or seen it in action but Im a sucker for a good Rally game I dont meen to just bash the Gizmondo just for the heck of it and believe me Im no Fanboy of any sort ...I just really dont see where this thing is worth the money they sell for...But thats just me :0

It does intrest me some since you could probably do alot with the hardware if someone got rid of the crappy OS that comes with it { nothing seems to work correctly and when it does its pretty clunky } Im sure there are people outthere wrighting something new as we read this thread so there is always hope.

As was stated already in this thread ,the Tapwave is probably a better machine to fool around with ,It seems to have a very large userbase. The same friend that has the Gizmondo has a Zodiac II and its a pretty nice machine out of the box. Personally I like the GamePark 32 since its been around a bit longer and there are tons of programmes outthere on the usegroups with some almost perfect Emus for almost any console made.

You know I never looked but I wonder if www.gametrailers.com has any video reviews for the Gizmondo ? Their video reviews are pretty sweet

As for the resolution ....It is substancially less than a PSP and definitly a smaller screen and just from my own experience with it, the games may look nice in pics but dont run very smoothly and sort of crunch along with some clipping issues in both titles I played. Maybe someone could make this thing look and run aswell as a PSP but I doubt you will see it in any of the games that were actually released. I dont think any of the developers really had enough time playing with it to produce anything stellar ... But I could be wrong Wouldnt be the first time