Thread: The "great video game loss" thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default The "great video game loss" thread

Name the game(s) "loss" that stings most where you saw for sell or auction (including BINs) where you wanted to buy, but upon clicking/PM-ing, realized you were too late? What was the worst offense, so to speak?

Or is it something so deeply scarring, you cannot even bear to recall it?

Pass the booze 'round. :/

And if you did end up acquiring said game(s) later on, do tell us so at least we know there's a happy ending.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You should change the title of this topic, Not many people are going to come to a post with a title like "Rats!" - Some people may be expecting some wierd video of rats dancing around a PSP, no offense if you like the PSP.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

I was hoping this thread were about a new game called Rats!

Oh well. To the question at hand, I have absolutely no story to share.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I thought this topic was going to be about rats infesting your collection while it was sitting in storage. Really, it's the only thing it could have been. You let me down!

Besides, this probably belongs in Everything eBay. In fact, it's probably already there. Rats!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23
    I was hoping this thread were about a new game called Rats!
    New game? Too late, "Rats" already came out for the Game Boy Color.

LINK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, since all the replies to your post refer to the original title, I suggest to change the subject of the topic to "Rats!" and let's talk about rats'relationship with videogaming... :P
    search engine @

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

In 2004, Metal Slug for AES

Some guy listed it as NEON GEO SLUG VIDEO GAME SKN

Everything in the title was wrong, no AES, no Neo Geo, no SNK, no Metal Slug.

I came across it by accidentaly typing in just "skn" into the search box instead of "snk". I saw it with less than 1 minute left, clicked on it and it was a complete copy of Metal Slug for the AES and by the time I tried to bid it ended at only $70 with only 1 bidder. I'm guessing he was the only one who saw it.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by § Gideon §
    I thought this topic was going to be about rats infesting your collection while it was sitting in storage. Really, it's the only thing it could have been. You let me down!

Besides, this probably belongs in Everything eBay. In fact, it's probably already there. Rats!

Hahahahahah me too!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: The "great video game loss" thread

A guy was selling Season 1 2 and 3 of Star Trek TNG tapes for only $5.00. I tried to bid but my stupid browser crashed. So I missed it. :-(

I later contacted the guy & he agreed to accept $10.

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where do I begin

a boxed mint turbo duo and 7 games for $80.00 bin. Couldn't buy it fast enough.

Toys r us clearance of snes games had at least 10 new ninja gaiden trilogy clearance sale $15.00. I was cheap. I still regret it to this day.

Last month a vitual boy complete a few games mint in a carrying case $25.00 bin free ship with buy it now.
    another case of slow typing.

Saturn Bomberman $8.00
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Pokemon Stadium N64 demo... High bid was like $2.50, and I had been watching it since the day it was put on. The auction still had about 10 minutes to go, so I decided to take the dogs outside before bed... Well, of course when I return I miss getting my bid in by literally 5 seconds... Ended at $2.50

And about 3 weeks later THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED to me with an Atari Stampede patch... I think it only went for a few bucks as well...

I dont do anything other than watch the auction when it gets ready to close now

PSN: SouthRox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mattiekrome

I dont do anything other than watch the auction when it gets ready to close now
    Definitely, man. That's what I do. I don't fool around. Even if a phone call comes up on my cell, I don't pick up. I can call later. The auction is a one and done. No makeups!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

And there was another time, not eBay or auction related, but probably the biggest "miss" I've ever had...

Went to a neighboring town for dinner with the family one night. After we ate, the wifey and her mom wanted to go to babies-r-us, which is convientienly located in the same shopping center as an EB. Well, knowing this particular EB no longer carried anything pre Dreamcast, I checked it out anyways. Inside I found a Suikoden II, disc only, sitting there with the other PSX games. It had that generic EB games cover/art with it, so I nearly missed it. I think the price was around 35$. I ended up leaving it there, for lack of knowing the market value for a disc only Suikoden II.

Once I got home I checked it out, some were going for 100$ on the bay, so I began kicking my ass at that very moment. Luckily me and the wifey had to return to the same shopping center the next day for a birthday party at Chuckie Cheeze (YAY!).

With the generic EB games cover art, I was pretty certain that it would still be where I left it the next evening when I returned. We were running a tad late to the birthday party, so we went there first, stayed about 2 hours or so, then it was finally on to the EB. Needless to say my Suikoden II was gone. I asked the guy if he had remembered it being sold... his reply... "Yeah, just about 30 minutes ago someone picked it up. I think they paid too much for it though, you would be better getting it on eBay"...

PSN: SouthRox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When i got back into snes collecting about 5 or 6 years back, i had heard about a site called "ebay" i'd passed on it for a while, then one day, thought what the hell, lets have alook.

While searching in the first few days, i saw a starfox comp cart and starfox comp banner all in one auction, i knew it was hard to find so i kept an eye on it, days later i went back to see what it was up to and it had ended at $11.90

The whole auction just said snes starfox game, the woman (seller) said she was throwing in the banner as well since it was only going to the trash anyways.

It was only as i searched more and more for the Starfox comp cart i relised i'd made a mistake and should have bid more then my lowely $5

But three years ago, i had some luck with a similar ebayer, he had a starfox auction + bonus, i thought what might the bouns be? i click and low and behold, it's a regular starfox with a Starfox Comp cart as well (that was the bonus lol) Starting at $0.99 i email him and say i'd like it but i'd like it now? so i offer $40 for both games.

He replies and says make it $55 plus shipping and it's a deal a week later i have my starfox + Bonus!