Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Default Good times with my 11 yr old nephew

I've recently been released from active duty from the mil. Over the past 7 years I've seen my nephew twice. Now I'm back in my home town & I get to hang out with him whenever I like. He came to spend the night with me (& my wife). He's never done any retro gaming. He has a top loader somewhere in my sisters attic but he hasn't played it since the mid 90's. The only games he speaks of are PS2, XBOX, NGC & DS (he has all of those) I love retrogaming so it's important to me that he gets a taste of the oldies. Even if he doesnt enjoy them, at least I can say I gave it a shot. So friday night I broke out the Powerpad I recently picked up from the thrift store for $5. He played some Track & Field and had a really good time. (I couldn't play that with him because I had tried it a few nights earlier and ended up having to lay down...I'm too out of shape for that stuff, man). After that we played some Duck Hunt. He now says Duck Hunt is his fav game of all time...I don't know how much he means that but at least we were having fun. So after schooling him on Duck Hunt I decided it was time to bring out the DC. We tore into Powerstone 2 for the next 2 hours. The next morning we went out & played some tennis & hung out at the park. Next time he spends the night I'm going to bring out the consolized MVS & teach him how to kick a little butt with Samurai Shodown II. Maybe some INTV Burgertime or Mario Kart 64 first though. I should take it slowly...I dont want to overwhelm him with the Neo Geos awesomeness.
    Anyway, if things keep going well I may finaly get a retrogaming buddy out of this. Hes only 11 but its better than nothing. Plus he's my nephew so I enjoy spending time with him anyway. Im happy to know that if I pass away before I have children, somebody important will want all my gaming gear. Id hate for it all to end up in a few trashbags selling for $5 at an estate sale.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

some VCS Kaboom and Warlords would be good to add to the list

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid
    some VCS Kaboom and Warlords would be good to add to the list
    Yes, Kaboom. I'll do that for sure!

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Strawberry (Level 2) Beefy Hits's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't forget puzzle games! Tetris, Tetris attack, Bust A Move, magical drop, puzzle fighter.
    You don't have to be smart, you don't have to have all the facts, you just have to be confident.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was playing games just two weeks ago with some friends and one of them brought over his 13 year old son. I set him up in front of my NES, put in a cart, and turned it on. This was his expression:

"No load-time? COOL!"