Thread: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

I know this game is suited for four players, but how is the single player adventure mode? I've heard single player gets old after a while, but I'm just checking to see if it is worth buying. I'm also trying to see what everyone's thought of the game is! Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game was such a disappointment to me. I so wanted to like it, but couldn't.

I don't know what Square was thinking when they designed this game. It's meant to be played with a group, but the made the multiplayer so cumbersome to deal with. If you have three friends who are willing to play with you all the time, then great. Put every character on the same memory card and go to it. But if not, you're screwed.

Characters on their own card have to be imported to the player one memory card. Once there, any items or power ups they acquire cannot be brought back to their own memory card! This pretty much makes it pointless to play this way, because any progress you make with your character cannot be saved!

On top of that, the monsters in the game will be suited to the player one character. This means that if your friends haven't powered up as much, they're going to get completely torn up in battle. They'll be virtually useless.

As for the single player game, I just couldn't like it. It's fun to run around killing stuff with your friends, but alone it gets boring. Add to this the incredibly slow process of powering up your character, and the game was just a big disappointment.

I still hold out hope for the DS version, however. Hopefully Square will fix it all.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sucks. don't get it unless it's super cheap.
    yes i did it.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I disagree.

Single player was plenty of fun, had that Final Fantasy medieval whimsy like 9 did and incredible Squaresoft eye candy. It's no epic like 10 because it IS a short, lighthearted game. The idea with the game is that you have to keep returning to past areas because they change over time. You don't just do one run through and say that you "beat it", because there's way more to it than that.

Go buy it, especially if you're a Square fan. It's a great game for those days when you don't want anything heavy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I tried to get into it... just was boring without freinds, no real storyline, somthing vague about a black knight.

Looked real nice though, and definatly not deep, could take a long time to get tired of... just not my kind of game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

Apparently the four player modes can get interesting with the release spell timing getting a little complicated. My son and I found two player too similar to one player, what with someone having to carry the chalice we didn't like taking turns "being the moogle". When there are four people to take turns holding the chalice, I think it will be better. I hope to get a chance to try it out this summer.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

It is a lot of fun four player despite the limitations. If you have 4 friends who will want to play with you regularly (and they all have GBA/SPs) then go for it.

But at the price it can currently be found for (sub 9.99) you can't really go wrong.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook