Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XBox, PlayStation, or Nintendo..Which will die first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think each company has carved out a large enough niche that none will disappear. But really, let the console with the best marketing win, as that is what will happen.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Obviously Sony is betting big on BLUE RAY but I doubt that it could even come close to being a big of a failure as the UMD format and Blue Ray seems the most likely candidate to take over as the next entertainment format for movies/games etc. even though I dont see the current DVD format vanashing the instant the PS3 is launched as many ppl i.e. "casuals" are still perfectly happy with current DVD technology.

Even if the PS3 doesnt rule the next-generation race like PS2 has with current gen it would take MANY wrong moves by Sony to fuck up the possibilities of the PS3's success.

Even though Sony has already made a few misteps thus far- the foremost being underestimating Microsofts resolve in being #1 this time around and how popular the 360 ALREADY IS looong before the launch of the PS3.

It would take Mammoth failures of all kinds on Sonys end from marketing , time delays of major "exlcusive" games like MGS4 , and an over priced Playstation 3 the likes of wich we havent seen since the launch of the 3DO to both push Sony out of the Videogame industry AND Bankrupt Sony, wich IS a possibility when considering how much Sony is putting into the PS3 it is still a HIGHLY UNLIKELY scenario.

Im well aware that this board has many Nintendo fans but IF the Revolution is not a bigger success than the Gamecube it WILL be Nintendos last home console and that I do NOT want to happen.
    EXAMPLE Nintendo stated: "IF THE REVOLUTION DOES NOT SELL MORE THAN GAMECUBE IT WILL BE CONSIDERED A FAILURE" as stated by Iwata himself.- yes I will find the link but I remember reading that statement both at Gamespot and IGN.
    That statement falls just short of them stating that if the Revolution doesnt sell more than Gamecube that it will be their last Home Console.

As others have already pointed out Microsoft is in this for the long run and they have both the determination and more importantly the $$$ to back it up to put into videogames for as long as it takes to become the dominant force in the industry.

In conclusion I have to say that Nintendo has the highest probability of becoming the first casualty of this next-gen console war but not : "wich company will die first" but as far as Homeconsoles go, no matter how many of us on this board DONT want that to happen (including myself ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo isn't going anywhere, ever.
    Microsoft can stay in the game for as long as they want to.
    Sony is not in good shape at all, but they'll merge with (or get bought out by) another electronics company long before they'll go bankrupt. In fact, they've always had very close ties with Toshiba, and they rely heavily on Samsung for things like LCD panels.

I think the more pertinent question is when is Matsushita going to step in and take a piece of the action.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

I hope none of the companies kick the bucket. I like to go into a store knowing I have plenty of games to choose from for three different consoles and three different handhelds.

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Edith Keeler must die.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    I think each company has carved out a large enough niche that none will disappear. But really, let the console with the best marketing win, as that is what will happen.
    Agreed 100%.

I love how these statements get lost amidst all of the flag-waving in these threads.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Agreed 100%.

I love how these statements get lost amidst all of the flag-waving in these threads.
    The Dreamcast had better games than the PS2 at the time of it's demise but Sony had better marketing. Personally, I'd rather the console with the best games win but hey, that's just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Juganawt
    PSN
    Juganawt

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    The Dreamcast had better games than the PS2 at the time of it's demise but Sony had better marketing. Personally, I'd rather the console with the best games win but hey, that's just me.
    Seconded. Games are the main criteria, and deservedly so

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i donno about that dreamcast thing, it depends on who you are.

i found that alot of the games i liked on dreamcast were on other systems i already had...thats kinda why i am getting rid of my 2 dreamcasts. i just couldnt get into it.

so yea, depends on who you are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Whatever people vote with their wallet.

This is not a fanbase war, this is a money war.

They don't care if you love them, they just want your damn money, then the hookers take their clothes off and have sex with you.

Some look hotter then others, and are too expensive for some people, they need to judge a target income, the biggest, and that will determine the winner.

Being stacked with cash will only take you so far..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo has too much of the market in Japan to lose in the next round of battles. M$, I hate them, but they aren't going anywhere for awhile. Sony could be in trouble. After all, the VHS-Betamax war ended in a failure for Sony, although Blu-Ray shows more promise than UMD. And as for Matsushita (Panasonic is Matsushita's U.S. arm), they provide parts to Nintendo if I remember correctly, and besides, Panasonic tried the 3DO, and it was a failure.
    Lurking since '05

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Sega will.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew